Yesterdays EarthQuake!!

Everything Wyoming Cowboy and Mountain West football!
theman
Ranch Hand

To the Virginian and everyone else scared out of their mind from back east yesterday. Our prayers are with you.

:yikes:
Fatpoke
Ranch Hand

No mass Death, Still No care
Cowduck
Cowpoke

Here in Alaska, I've slept through a few 5.9s. I hope all you East Coasters recover from the devastation.
Asmodeanreborn
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 23 times

Fatpoke
Ranch Hand

Asmodeanreborn wrote:Image

Bald Eagle stare of death... Some-what care
The Virginian
Cowpoke

I suppose we can all laugh about now, especially since fortunately no one was killed and only minor injuries reported. I challenge anyone on this board to say they wouldn't be scared poop when the room you're in starts swaying without warning. And remember, we've been attacked before -- remember 9-11? The first thing that went through my mind was our building had been hit by a bomb. I know you stay can relaxed out on prairie, but here in DC, we have to remain wary of a possible terrorist attack, particularly in the wake of the killing of Osama Bin Ladin. Also, remember, there hasn't been an earthquake of this magnitude on the East Coast in over 100 years. So, no one, except the Californian transplants, had ever been through this before.
This post submitted anonymously by Jeff Fry aka DCPoke
J-Rod
Bronco-Buster

The Virginian wrote:I suppose we can all laugh about now, especially since fortunately no one was killed and only minor injuries reported. I challenge anyone on this board to say they wouldn't be scared poop when the room you're in starts swaying without warning. And remember, we've been attacked before -- remember 9-11? The first thing that went through my mind was our building had been hit by a bomb. I know you stay can relaxed out on prairie, but here in DC, we have to remain wary of a possible terrorist attack, particularly in the wake of the killing of Osama Bin Ladin. Also, remember, there hasn't been an earthquake of this magnitude on the East Coast in over 100 years. So, no one, except the Californian transplants, had ever been through this before.
Not to mention, this is a fragile time of year. The 10th anniversary of 9/11 is only 2 weeks away.
The Virginian
Cowpoke

J-Rod wrote:
The Virginian wrote:I suppose we can all laugh about now, especially since fortunately no one was killed and only minor injuries reported. I challenge anyone on this board to say they wouldn't be scared poop when the room you're in starts swaying without warning. And remember, we've been attacked before -- remember 9-11? The first thing that went through my mind was our building had been hit by a bomb. I know you stay can relaxed out on prairie, but here in DC, we have to remain wary of a possible terrorist attack, particularly in the wake of the killing of Osama Bin Ladin. Also, remember, there hasn't been an earthquake of this magnitude on the East Coast in over 100 years. So, no one, except the Californian transplants, had ever been through this before.
Not to mention, this is a fragile time of year. The 10th anniversary of 9/11 is only 2 weeks away.
Exactly
This post submitted anonymously by Jeff Fry aka DCPoke
fromolwyoming
WyoNation Lifer
Been liked: 2 times

J-Rod wrote:
May God rest their souls.
CowboyCO
Ranch Hand

Went through the earhtquake in 1984 in Laramie/Douglas. I managed to not cry or run out of the dorm naked....
Wyokie
WyoNation Moderator
Has liked: 36 times
Been liked: 45 times

I been thru two of them. One in Casper in 1985 about the time the Eastridge Mall was being built. I was attending Verda James Elementary at the time. That one scared the poop outta me.

The second one was a few months ago while volunteering at a state-runned museum next door to the State Capitol here in OKC. Took me a few minutes to figure out that we just had an earthquake. Felt like it took forever.
I want CHAMPIONSHIPS not chicken poop! And we're getting chicken poop!!!!!!!!!!!
fromolwyoming
WyoNation Lifer
Been liked: 2 times

Luckily, I've never been in one.
MrTitleist
WyoNation Overlord
Has liked: 8 times
Been liked: 33 times

I was in one in California last summer.. being the Wyoming boy that I am, I thought a wind hit the house really hard and shook it... but then when the house kept shaking I knew something else was up. Weird experience.. glad it wasn't big because the house I was in was on top of a hill overlooking Riverside.. and there's only one way to go from that hill.
ImageImageImageImage
Subcanis
A Real Cowboy

I was living in SLC a few years back when a little one hit (couple of good size faults running through that valley). Sounded like a couple trains colliding. I was working on the ramp at the airport so I didn't feel anything, but my coworkers said the terminal shuddered pretty good.
"I never saw a buckin' hoss to top Steamboat. Fact is, he was the closest thing to perpetual motion that ever wore hair. Few men could stand that kind of battering without bleeding from the nose, and most became nauseated as well. Ol' Steamboat put some of the toughest into the hospital for repairs."