Utah State

Everything Wyoming Cowboy and Mountain West football!
BackHarlowRoad
A Real Cowboy
Been liked: 4 times

I've had the unique opportunity to have worked in both Wyoming and Utah State athletics departments, most recently being USU (In fact, the last game between USU and Wyo in Laramie, I was on the USU sideline. Game before that, I was on the Wyo sideline). I am an alumni of both schools, grew up in Wyoming (half-way between Logan and Laramie). This will be an interesting game for me as I have invested so much time and emotion into both sides. It has been long enough now that I no longer have any knowledge within the UW program, but still know quite a few athletes/coaches in Logan.

I cannot wish ill-will toward either team, and hope both teams have extremely successful seasons, the OT heartbreaker to CSU last week cut deep. The feelings Aggie fans have towards BYU are extremely similar to the way Pokes fans feel and this will be a very emotional game this Friday. This will be a great opportunity for Wyo to take advantage. As many of you have said, this game is HUGE for Wyoming and will likely be just as important for USU. I can't wait for the game, it's killing me it's 2 weeks away.

First things first and I think all of us here can agree to it, Aggies over the Cougs this Friday!
NowherePoke
A Real Cowboy
Been liked: 6 times

BackHarlowRoad wrote:I've had the unique opportunity to have worked in both Wyoming and Utah State athletics departments, most recently being USU (In fact, the last game between USU and Wyo in Laramie, I was on the USU sideline. Game before that, I was on the Wyo sideline). I am an alumni of both schools, grew up in Wyoming (half-way between Logan and Laramie). This will be an interesting game for me as I have invested so much time and emotion into both sides. It has been long enough now that I no longer have any knowledge within the UW program, but still know quite a few athletes/coaches in Logan.

I cannot wish ill-will toward either team, and hope both teams have extremely successful seasons, the OT heartbreaker to CSU last week cut deep. The feelings Aggie fans have towards BYU are extremely similar to the way Pokes fans feel and this will be a very emotional game this Friday. This will be a great opportunity for Wyo to take advantage. As many of you have said, this game is HUGE for Wyoming and will likely be just as important for USU. I can't wait for the game, it's killing me it's 2 weeks away.

First things first and I think all of us here can agree to it, Aggies over the Cougs this Friday!
RS or GR?
BackHarlowRoad
A Real Cowboy

NowherePoke wrote:
RS or GR?
GR
NowherePoke
A Real Cowboy
Been liked: 6 times

BackHarlowRoad wrote:
NowherePoke wrote:
RS or GR?
GR
Me too. Knew it had to be one or the other.

Seemed like USU was a fairly popular destination for GR kids, I knew several that went to Logan. USU/Logan is a nice town/campus. The project thing kind of ticked me off, but there is no doubt I will be enjoying the inevitable beatdown that USU is about to unleash on BYU.
BackHarlowRoad
A Real Cowboy

NowherePoke wrote:Me too. Knew it had to be one or the other.

Seemed like USU was a fairly popular destination for GR kids, I knew several that went to Logan. USU/Logan is a nice town/campus. The project thing kind of ticked me off, but there is no doubt I will be enjoying the inevitable beatdown that USU is about to unleash on BYU.
It was a fairly popular spot. I didn't really choose to go there, an opportunity to get grad-school paid for kind of fell into my lap and I had to jump on it. Couldn't be happier though, it was a great place to spend 2 years of my life.

GR having at least 15-20 bars for 12,000 people compared to Logan having 2 for 80,000 took quite the getting used to, however. Haha.
McPeachy
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 306 times
Been liked: 120 times

BackHarlowRoad wrote:the OT heartbreaker to CSU last week cut deep
That was a horrible loss. Up 8 with < 3 minutes in the game, and a bobbled punt started the chain reaction. I couldn't believe that USU went for 2 (on two occasions...because of a penalty) when they didn't have to.

I think USU maybe got caught looking ahead against CSewe. Hopefully they will have a massive hangover for when UW shows up on 10/08.

The CR Davis - into the wall shove out of bounds, won't ever leave my memory. That and we now have "The Project" situation. Too bad, as I used to think a game every year with USU would be great.

Jovon needs to come home also.
Dear Karma,

I have a list of people you missed...
cheypoke
Ranch Hand
Been liked: 1 time

Are you going to wear a half Wyoming/half Utah State shirt? lol
fromolwyoming
WyoNation Lifer
Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 2 times

cheypoke wrote:Are you going to wear a half Wyoming/half Utah State shirt? lol
I saw a lady wearing a half Wyoming half Nebraska shirt at the game last week. 2 shirt colors that don't really go together. And spell out Wyobraska. And Cowhuskers. :?
McPeachy
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 306 times
Been liked: 120 times

fromolwyoming wrote:I saw a lady wearing a half Wyoming half Nebraska shirt at the game last week. 2 shirt colors that don't really go together. And spell out Wyobraska. And Cowhuskers. :?
That is so lame. I saw quite a few of them. Fence riding mother f-word.

I saw a fat bitch one time in (believe it or not) a Montana Griz / Wyoming Cowgirl -- 1/2 and 1/2 shirt at the Cowgirl basketball game. Somebody tit slugged her.
Dear Karma,

I have a list of people you missed...
MrTitleist
WyoNation Overlord
Has liked: 8 times
Been liked: 33 times

haha.. I always go to games w/ a Griz shirt and UW hat on.
ImageImageImageImage
cheypoke
Ranch Hand

MrTitleist wrote:haha.. I always go to games w/ a Griz shirt and UW hat on.
Was that you I saw in HH with the Griz shirt on saturday night?
MrTitleist
WyoNation Overlord
Has liked: 8 times
Been liked: 33 times

No, I haven't been to Laramie since 2009.
ImageImageImageImage
whyoh
WyoNation Addict

MrTitleist wrote:No, I haven't been to Laramie since 2009.
lol @ noone ever leaving the forum pages on here
disclaimer: I could be wrong. I've done it before...I'll probably do it again.

a high fallootin'...rootin' tootin' sonofa gun from 'ol WYOMIN'
cheypoke
Ranch Hand

MrTitleist wrote:No, I haven't been to Laramie since 2009.
Ok, some other Griz fan i guess. He was rooting for the pokes, but I kept thinking his maroon griz shirt was a poor choice of clothing that day.
laxwyo
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 137 times
Been liked: 147 times

More than any other school, if you are from Wyoming, you know where your allegiance should be. Now if you went to college somewhere else, than you have a different problem. But if you didn't go to college and you live and are from wyoming, there is no way in f-word hell you should be rooting for anybody but the pokes.

There are guys out at work and are from wyoming, most like the cowboys but have hitched their wagons to some other school that has some hope of a NC. One likes Michigan one likes LSU (he likes all Lousiana stuff) and there is one Husker fan, but he was born and raised in Neb. I would say there is about as many die hard poke fans. So, out of all the college football fans at work, 50% are die hard poke fans, 50% are sunny day lovers who couldn't tell you who we are playing the next week.
W-Y, Until I Die!
BackHarlowRoad
A Real Cowboy

cheypoke wrote:Are you going to wear a half Wyoming/half Utah State shirt? lol
Haha, no. I'll be wearing Wyo gear.
djm19
WyoNation Addict
Been liked: 3 times

I feel the same pain between USU and UW. I grew up in Wyo. Die-hard Wyo fan. Graduated from USU and currently live in Utah. I have nothing against USU (other than the out-of-bounds shove there last time). That was BS. Other than that, I can honestly say that most of my UW buddies don’t have near the animosity towards USU like BYU or Utah. I loved Logan and USU. I follow them closely and always want them to succeed and win…except for next weekend. Instead of using freebie tickets from buddies working in the athletic dept at USU, I shelled out 80 bones to sit in the UW section. Utah State fans are total A-holes (I was one when I was up there) and will be out in full-force. USU and UW have a lot of similarities and should be a fun game. Next weekend, around 10 PM I will be cheering for USU again, but like I said, as for me and my house, next weekend is all about the Pokes.

Gary Andersen is turning that ship around in Logan. All I know, Cowboys and Aggies alike will be united this Friday as USU heads to Provo. I have been on Cougarboard today reading some of the complexion crap that spews from Provo towards USU. I am LDS even and would agree with many on here re: the attitude that BYU fans have. Embarrassed by 99% of them. They are lighting up USU as the little brother, when just last year USU lit up the mighty Cougars. Here is to a complete and utter beatdown this Friday for USU then hopefully a complete and utter beatdown on USU next Saturday.

PS- When I was going to school at USU, I saw Bouknight on multiple occasions around campus rockin’ his UW apparel. http://www.utahstateaggies.com/sports/m ... von00.html
SLCPoke
Cowpoke

I'm excited for this game!!! It will be my first Cowboy game of the year. Very excited about seeing Brett Smith in action in person...I also was in Logan for a year, and I do cheer for them( boy was I cheering hard for them against CSU!!!). However there is no allegiance question here....I'll be donning brown and gold and cheering loud for the Pokes!
PS- I agree with djm19 about all of the above statements when it comes to Utah teams...coming from another LDS Cowboys fan in Utah.
BigBlueDart
Buckaroo

Hey, guys! I got a little sick of talking about BYU, so I thought I'd drop over here and say hi. I'm very much looking forward to the game, especially because I'll actually be able to come to it (currently living in Alabama). I have some affinity for Wyoming due to coming from a High School with the same colors and my wife being from Wyoming. Her brothers are pokes, but she's a true blue Aggie.

I know that USU in the MWC isn't a very popular concept for most MWC folks, but Wyoming and CSU are the two most played rivalries we have after Utah and BYU. I'm excited for the games we have scheduled and hope that more will be coming in the future.
YOU WOULDN'T LIKE ME WHEN I'M ANGRY!
Asmodeanreborn
Bronco-Buster
Been liked: 23 times

BigBlueDart wrote:I know that USU in the MWC isn't a very popular concept for most MWC folks, but Wyoming and CSU are the two most played rivalries we have after Utah and BYU. I'm excited for the games we have scheduled and hope that more will be coming in the future.
In all honesty, I think it's kind of iffy of many MWC fans to say USU isn't good enough... Wyoming, San Diego State, New Mexico, UNLV, and CSU haven't exactly been world beaters lately. Yeah, there's been one or two good seasons in there for each team, but it's definitely not the most solid ground to stand on when a fan of one of these teams start talking about how crappy some other team is...