Chris Tormey might bring a stud LB and a D tackle with size.

Everything Wyoming Cowboy and Mountain West football!
Cowboy Junky
WyoNation Addict

Wyoming Cowboy basketball:

National Champions 1943.

Helm's foundation National Champions 1934.

NCAA tournament MVP and two time College Basketball Player of the Year Kenny Sailors, who is credited with inventing the jump shot.

Do you remember Cowboy Basketball?

I do.
Cowboy Junky
WyoNation Addict

I just watched the video on these guys. I must say I'm impressed. How Olive has slipped to Portland State is beyond me. He gets great penetration and has excellent speed for an interior lineman. With a year or two with Greener he could be an all-conference type of guy.
Wyoming Cowboy basketball:

National Champions 1943.

Helm's foundation National Champions 1934.

NCAA tournament MVP and two time College Basketball Player of the Year Kenny Sailors, who is credited with inventing the jump shot.

Do you remember Cowboy Basketball?

I do.
SLCPoke
Cowpoke

they both look like guys I'd be okay with having in a Cowboys Uni! That big boy has a motor!
McPeachy
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 306 times
Been liked: 120 times

Chris who? Not impressed.

Just say no. This talk is rediculous. Nobody, not even Buddy Ryan "God" himself, could have done a better job on D with the cards he was dealt than Marty English did the last few seasons.
Dear Karma,

I have a list of people you missed...
laxwyo
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 137 times
Been liked: 147 times

McPeachy wrote:Chris who? Not impressed.

Just say no. This talk is rediculous. Nobody, not even Buddy Ryan "God" himself, could have done a better job on D with the cards he was dealt than Marty English did the last few seasons.
I've been down on Marty too plenty this season. I guess it's all of us looking for something that we can't change. We don't have a great DL. We have a few good guys, but we need run stopping pigs in there. Marty can't do anything on D if you don't have a good DL. A good DL lets you blitz more and run different schemes. We were just trying to stop the bleeding from the run game.

You look at the great defenses and they stop the run with the DL and their DEs get sacks on pass plays. If we had a true NG, I would prefer the 3-4, but we don't so the point is mute. the 3-4 allows you to bring that 4th guy from anywhere instead of just having the 4th guy on the line all the time, but you must have a Casey Hampton type dude in there. It's all the DL. Even the LB's aren't as important. Look at the Steelers, they have pro-bowl LB's all the time and when they leave the team, they stink. It's because the DL allowed them to be good LB's.

I agree that Marty isn't the biggest problem on D. I do think we can do better. I don't understand why we started with a newbie coach, a newbie DC, a newbie OC the first year. We need veteran OC (now we have brandon) and a veteran DC, not a LB coach.
W-Y, Until I Die!
McPeachy
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 306 times
Been liked: 120 times

McPeachy wrote:Chris who? Not impressed.

Whoops. Guess I was wrong...and DC feels differently. :oops:
Dear Karma,

I have a list of people you missed...
SLCPoke
Cowpoke

I like Marty, know the guy and don't think this can all be blamed on him.....but i do think those 2 prospects could be big.
Fullback41
A Real Cowboy

yeah, I think they both would look good in brown and gold next year. O LEEEE VAY would be fun to yell after a big play. Pulu looks like a straight up beast. These guys with Yarbrough, Puletasi, Nzeochas, Burns, could help us right away but down the road we could have a scary good defense in a few years. That would be a lot of studs that are Freshmen or Sophomores on defense next year.
In heaven there is no beer, thats why we drink it here, and when we're gone from here, our friends will be drinking all the beer!