Toledo more than legit

Everything Wyoming Cowboy and Mountain West football!
DocHolliday
Cowpoke

Pokes will have their hands full and cannot make mistakes they made last week.

Toledo took Arizona to OT last week, they have terrific receivers, and they play most everyone very tough.

Last season they lost by 5 at Ohio State, they waxed the same Temple team that waxed us in the bowl game - they beat the Owls last season 36-13 (in Philadelphia), lost so Syracuse in the dome in OT, & they beat Air Force in a bowl game a year ago.

Cowboys need to tighten a lot of things up prior to kickoff Saturday afternoon.
Adv8RU12
WyoNation Addict
Been liked: 5 times

I'm thinking that Toledo may be too much for the Pokes. After all, the Pokes appear to have only two serious offensive threats - Smith and Herron. McNeill was a disapointing no-show along with the runners.
The Aussie clearly can't punt in a real game situation. So this could be a wake-up call for the Pokes.
pokefanchaz7
A Real Cowboy

Offensively I fully expect Toledo to show up and play a good game. They did have 358 yards of total offense and was fairly balanced run and pass with 197 passing yards and 161 yards rushing. I fully expect them to put up some points.

Where I feel Toledo is really weak after this game is on the defensive side of the ball. They gave up 624 yards of total offense to a subpar Arizona team that is playing its first game under a new head coach and system. 387 of the yards given up in the game by Toledo were in the air.

I think this game should be a fun game to watch and a high scoring game. I think we come out on top because our passing game is our strength and seems to be a major weakness for Toledo.
C-O-W-B-O-Y-S! COWBOYS COWBOYS COWYBOYS!
ELKMT
A Real Cowboy
Been liked: 6 times

Offensively I fully expect Toledo to show up and play a good game. They did have 358 yards of total offense and was fairly balanced run and pass with 197 passing yards and 161 yards rushing. I fully expect them to put up some points.
Good points, Wyoming put up 345 total yards against a legit defense. How does a team give up over 600 yds (nearly double their own yardage) and still only lose by 7?

Should be a fun game.
seattlecowboy
WyoNation Addict
Has liked: 2 times
Been liked: 16 times

Toledo won't be a pushover by any means so the Pokes need to show up ready to play. As long as Wyoming doesn't have some type of let down Wyoming should win this game and move the ball at will on Toledo.

I watched the Arizona and Toledo game and the score to that game was misleading. As already has been stated Arizona went up and down the field to the tune of over 600 yards of total offense. They missed 3 field goals I believe and had a touchdown called back as well as fumbled the ball on the 9 yard line going in for a score. They fumbled again on the 30 yard line after a long pass and catch play.

Add to this that they lost in OT and they are playing back to back games on the road having to come clear out west both times and this is a bad spot for Toledo as well. As long as Wyoming doesn't have some kind of let down (And that's a big IF)I fully expect Wyoming to put up a lot of points this Saturday and if the Wyoming defense plays semi- decent Wyoming should win going away.

Wyoming can't be taking them lightly though because Wyoming isn't good enough to just show up and out athlete people to get a win.

Follow me on Twitter for all of your Free/Paid sports wagers all year around. Football, Basketball, Baseball, Hockey, Soccer, Tennis, etc….

488-348 +721 Units won in 6.5 months follow @bet_chase on twitter….
pokefanchaz7
A Real Cowboy

What makes you think they will have a big let down? They are playing their first home game in front of a likely packed house to play a good Toledo team. I could see a possible letdown if it was Cal Poly but not Toledo for the first home game of the season.
C-O-W-B-O-Y-S! COWBOYS COWBOYS COWYBOYS!
seattlecowboy
WyoNation Addict
Has liked: 2 times
Been liked: 16 times

pokefanchaz7 wrote:What makes you think they will have a big let down? They are playing their first home game in front of a likely packed house to play a good Toledo team. I could see a possible letdown if it was Cal Poly but not Toledo for the first home game of the season.
I didn't say they would have a letdown. I said it is possible that is all. Sometimes when teams play big games like in this case against a nationally ranked Texas... they come out flat the next game. Not saying it is going to happen but saying there is a possibility of it. Same could be said for Toledo as well though since they played a Pac-12 school on the road and went to OT with them.

If the pokes are ready then I have no doubt Wyoming wins this game.

Follow me on Twitter for all of your Free/Paid sports wagers all year around. Football, Basketball, Baseball, Hockey, Soccer, Tennis, etc….

488-348 +721 Units won in 6.5 months follow @bet_chase on twitter….
WYO1016
WyoNation Addict
Has liked: 39 times
Been liked: 116 times

Toledo is going to bring their A game. Arizona isn't going to be a good team this year, but the Rockets still impressed me with the way they moved the ball against the Cats.

We'll need every advantage we can get this week, so let's pack The War and make some noise for our Pokes!
whyoh
WyoNation Addict

WYO1016 wrote:Toledo is going to bring their A game. Arizona isn't going to be a good team this year, but the Rockets still impressed me with the way they moved the ball against the Cats.

We'll need every advantage we can get this week, so let's pack The War and make some noise for our Pokes!
count me in for 2
disclaimer: I could be wrong. I've done it before...I'll probably do it again.

a high fallootin'...rootin' tootin' sonofa gun from 'ol WYOMIN'