Video of the hit

Everything Wyoming Cowboy and Mountain West football!
whyoh
WyoNation Addict

sounds like a buncha homers in here

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
disclaimer: I could be wrong. I've done it before...I'll probably do it again.

a high fallootin'...rootin' tootin' sonofa gun from 'ol WYOMIN'
Wyoirish
Ranch Hand

zappinpoke wrote:
Wyogogo wrote:What is the benefit of people coming on here or going on other sites just to defend the actions of the Toledo players? Big deal if it was the horse collar or the forearm shot that knocked him out, either hit was ILLEGAL and led to unnecessary damage. I just don't understand what these people get out of trying to play the devils advocate and say that there wasn't any malicious intent. There is a reason why certain plays are ILLEGAL, it is because they are dangerous. If somebody hits someone illegally then that in itself is malicious intent. It was a dirty hit, and it was happening all game. It led to a terrible thing happening to a great kid, and it could have all been avoided had Toledo not hit him illegally. I for one am just thankful to God that he ended up being ok.
Benefit??? Devil's advocate??? How about reality. This isn't a contact sport, the deed is, its a collision sport. I asked in my original post if the hit that Luke Ruff puts on the Toledo player 2 ft out of bounds was a late hit. No one including you responded. How about the hit by Ruff in the Texas game at about the 1:45 mark of this video.http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hc1dLdLxESQ. Is it a late hit with malicious intent?,or is it just a player playing hard nosed football? Is he a thug? Is it a ILLEGAL play? I bet you have a mantle full of participation ribbons don't you. :brick:
Hahaha...a db going after the ass of a guy who is already on the ground... yeah same deal... a WR in the end zone no less..maybe should have been called too but completely different game no less and nevermind the the poop hits they didnt call during the course of THIS game...not to mention that a late hit on the QB was called shortly before this poop went down...not even remotely close to a QB running to get out of bounds with two guys closing in, one with an illegal hit in process (horsecollar) and a shot to the face by a guy who already told him (among other things like gouging his eyes and mashing his f-word nuts during the course of the game at the bottom of the pile) that he was gonna get him. Did he with that shot, debateable. The pictures definitely don't paint him in a good light. Amazed at you for even justifying it and absolutely disgusted with a supposed Poke fans sluffing it off as a contact sport. Love to meet you and Dino in person sometime...hopefully together.
DocHolliday
Cowpoke

Wyoirish wrote:
zappinpoke wrote:
Wyogogo wrote:What is the benefit of people coming on here or going on other sites just to defend the actions of the Toledo players? Big deal if it was the horse collar or the forearm shot that knocked him out, either hit was ILLEGAL and led to unnecessary damage. I just don't understand what these people get out of trying to play the devils advocate and say that there wasn't any malicious intent. There is a reason why certain plays are ILLEGAL, it is because they are dangerous. If somebody hits someone illegally then that in itself is malicious intent. It was a dirty hit, and it was happening all game. It led to a terrible thing happening to a great kid, and it could have all been avoided had Toledo not hit him illegally. I for one am just thankful to God that he ended up being ok.
Benefit??? Devil's advocate??? How about reality. This isn't a contact sport, the deed is, its a collision sport. I asked in my original post if the hit that Luke Ruff puts on the Toledo player 2 ft out of bounds was a late hit. No one including you responded. How about the hit by Ruff in the Texas game at about the 1:45 mark of this video.http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hc1dLdLxESQ. Is it a late hit with malicious intent?,or is it just a player playing hard nosed football? Is he a thug? Is it a ILLEGAL play? I bet you have a mantle full of participation ribbons don't you. :brick:
Someone asked me to clarify, so during the last timeout of my show today/tonight I am doing that. What I meant, was that the person with the above quote makes more sense with his missive than I have seen in a long time regarding the Brett Smith hit and injury. Well said, well stated, common sense...I applaud you, sir.

Hahaha...a db going after the ass of a guy who is already on the ground... yeah same deal... a WR in the end zone no less..maybe should have been called too but completely different game no less and nevermind the the poop hits they didnt call during the course of THIS game...not to mention that a late hit on the QB was called shortly before this poop went down...not even remotely close to a QB running to get out of bounds with two guys closing in, one with an illegal hit in process (horsecollar) and a shot to the face by a guy who already told him (among other things like gouging his eyes and mashing his f-word nuts during the course of the game at the bottom of the pile) that he was gonna get him. Did he with that shot, debateable. The pictures definitely don't paint him in a good light. Amazed at you for even justifying it and absolutely disgusted with a supposed Poke fans sluffing it off as a contact sport. Love to meet you and Dino in person sometime...hopefully together.
Wyogogo
Buckaroo

"Hahaha...a db going after the ass of a guy who is already on the ground... yeah same deal... a WR in the end zone no less..maybe should have been called too but completely different game no less and nevermind the the poop hits they didnt call during the course of THIS game...not to mention that a late hit on the QB was called shortly before this poop went down...not even remotely close to a QB running to get out of bounds with two guys closing in, one with an illegal hit in process (horsecollar) and a shot to the face by a guy who already told him (among other things like gouging his eyes and mashing his f-word nuts during the course of the game at the bottom of the pile) that he was gonna get him. Did he with that shot, debateable. The pictures definitely don't paint him in a good light. Amazed at you for even justifying it and absolutely disgusted with a supposed Poke fans sluffing it off as a contact sport. Love to meet you and Dino in person sometime...hopefully together."

This guy has it right. Wyoirish knows what he is talking about. Zappinpoke is just getting off by being "that guy" that opposes everyone else, and Dino Costa is the village idiot. I don't know if I have ever seen such a display of unwarranted arrogance in my life. You guys are perfect for each other.

I enjoy reading plenty of people's opinions and insight on here regarding the Pokes. Laxwyo, wyoirish, wyo2dal, mrtitlest, and j-rod when he isn't being too negative just to name a few. I don't just start things to start them. I call it like I see it, and right now I see two ass clowns that are just getting their kicks by stirring the pot. Classy.
cowboyz
Cowpoke
Been liked: 1 time

Hahaha...a db going after the ass of a guy who is already on the ground... yeah same deal... a WR in the end zone no less..maybe should have been called too but completely different game no less and nevermind the the poop hits they didnt call during the course of THIS game...not to mention that a late hit on the QB was called shortly before this poop went down...not even remotely close to a QB running to get out of bounds with two guys closing in, one with an illegal hit in process (horsecollar) and a shot to the face by a guy who already told him (among other things like gouging his eyes and mashing his f-word nuts during the course of the game at the bottom of the pile) that he was gonna get him. Did he with that shot, debateable. The pictures definitely don't paint him in a good light. Amazed at you for even justifying it and absolutely disgusted with a supposed Poke fans sluffing it off as a contact sport. Love to meet you and Dino in person sometime...hopefully together.[/quote]
Irish-It's good that you stick up for Brett. But there is no way he was running out of bounds, Brett was turning towards the end zone. Out of bounds was easy, he turned. You can look at the video a hundred times, out of bounds was not on his mind. That's what he does and that's what he was doing. Without that horse collar that was another Smith TD. Are you saying this guy was "saying" he was going to gouge his eyes and mash his nuts, or was he actually attempting to mash his nuts in the pile? Because, they are two different things. Many of the Pokes talk some serious poop as well. Doing it is another story. There are always punches thrown in the pile ups, but if someone was mashing my QBs nuts, then all bets are off. If this happened then I can see why Ruff was trying to retaliate any way possible. Shame on the others for not doing the same. Too bad their team were such thugs. A couple years ago at Toledo their fans couldn't have been better hosts at the tailgate.