Brett Smith Doubtful this weekend

Everything Wyoming Cowboy and Mountain West football!
gopokes1399
Blog Team

J-Rod wrote:
gopokes1399 wrote:I think he isnt in contact drills for obvious reasons, but if he is practicing on Tues. He will go on Sat. Not to mention we can not absolutely can not go 0-4 in conf. play 1-3 is bad enough
He practiced today?
Yes, wearing a red jersey
whyoh
WyoNation Addict

gopokes1399 wrote:
J-Rod wrote:
gopokes1399 wrote:I think he isnt in contact drills for obvious reasons, but if he is practicing on Tues. He will go on Sat. Not to mention we can not absolutely can not go 0-4 in conf. play 1-3 is bad enough
He practiced today?
Yes, wearing a red jersey
i'd hope he has a red jersey......does he usually not wear one?
disclaimer: I could be wrong. I've done it before...I'll probably do it again.

a high fallootin'...rootin' tootin' sonofa gun from 'ol WYOMIN'
Adv8RU12
WyoNation Addict
Been liked: 5 times

I'm guessing he doesn't play. He is probably out on the field just so he doesn't get too out of shape. Now way can he afford another head hit this soon after the last one.
nirv117
Ranch Hand

So you're thinking maybe a middle or inside screen?

That was very frustrating to watch last week.
fromolwyoming wrote:
gopokes1399 wrote:I think he plays
But please, do something more than "screen right" and "screen left."
God is a Cowboy
fromolwyoming
WyoNation Lifer
Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 2 times

nirv117 wrote:So you're thinking maybe a middle or inside screen?

That was very frustrating to watch last week.
fromolwyoming wrote:
gopokes1399 wrote:I think he plays
But please, do something more than "screen right" and "screen left."
More like a quick slants or an out route, or something. Doesn't have to be a deep throw, but some kind of forward pass would be nice to mix things up a little.
djm19
WyoNation Addict
Been liked: 3 times

Gags twitter said smith practiced with first team tonight. Meeting with DC at 620 tonight. I would love to see him out there, just as long as he is healthy. His health comes before a game.
Adv8RU12
WyoNation Addict
Been liked: 5 times

Pokes can sqweak out a win without Smith IF Tormey gets his act together (or DC gets it together for him). A healthy Smith would, of course, make it a no-contest. But I don't think Smith is healthy quite yet.
whyoh
WyoNation Addict

djm19 wrote:Gags twitter said smith practiced with first team tonight. Meeting with DC at 620 tonight. I would love to see him out there, just as long as he is healthy. His health comes before a game.
i bet the meeting has a lot to do with the question "if we put you out there..how confident are you that you can keep for getting knocked around?"

seattlecowboy
WyoNation Addict
Has liked: 2 times
Been liked: 16 times

Without Smith I think we probably lose a close one but if Smith does play then I think we win by a couple touchdowns. Would love to see him play but his health is more important so if he needs to sit out then thats what he should do.

Follow me on Twitter for all of your Free/Paid sports wagers all year around. Football, Basketball, Baseball, Hockey, Soccer, Tennis, etc….

488-348 +721 Units won in 6.5 months follow @bet_chase on twitter….
djm19
WyoNation Addict

Don't get me wrong, i admire and am thrilled about smith being our QB, but is it just me or have we, as fans, set him on such a pedestal of chuck norris proportions?
JimmyDimes
WyoNation Addict

Brett's a solid QB and the #1 reason we are currently 0-3 instead of a respectable 2-1.
wyocowboy2014
A Real Cowboy

djm19 wrote:Don't get me wrong, i admire and am thrilled about smith being our QB, but is it just me or have we, as fans, set him on such a pedestal of chuck norris proportions?
Exactly. I think this is the problem with both the fans and the team.
whyoh
WyoNation Addict

djm19 wrote:Don't get me wrong, i admire and am thrilled about smith being our QB, but is it just me or have we, as fans, set him on such a pedestal of chuck norris proportions?
no....you're thinking of john fletcher

djm19
WyoNation Addict

I am convinced he is a fantastic QB. I am just trying to manage my expecations. In my mind I have created this sense of impossibility of failure. I am just trying to manage those expecations, cause when he gets back and doesnt throw for 700 yards and 9 TDS in a first half, I am okay with that. And can accept that.
whyoh
WyoNation Addict

djm19 wrote:I am convinced he is a fantastic QB. I am just trying to manage my expecations. In my mind I have created this sense of impossibility of failure. I am just trying to manage those expecations, cause when he gets back and doesnt throw for 700 yards and 9 TDS in a first half, I am okay with that. And can accept that.
but he better step it up in the second right? :rofl:

seattlecowboy
WyoNation Addict
Has liked: 2 times
Been liked: 16 times

I'm not setting Brett up on any pedestal . It is more of a case that Wyoming doesn't have any back up QB and the defense is SOOO bad that Wyoming has to outscore teams to win and without Brett playing and with no decent back up QB then there is no chance the offense can outscore anyone. So to me it is less of putting him up on a pedestal and more of the fact that the team has no depth and a terrible defense.

If we had either a decent back up QB or a decent defense then we may be able to win some of these games without him.

Obviously the coaching staffs fault. :deadhorse1:

Follow me on Twitter for all of your Free/Paid sports wagers all year around. Football, Basketball, Baseball, Hockey, Soccer, Tennis, etc….

488-348 +721 Units won in 6.5 months follow @bet_chase on twitter….
djm19
WyoNation Addict

JimmyDimes wrote:Brett's a solid QB and the #1 reason we are currently 0-3 instead of a respectable 2-1.
There is no guarantee we beat Toledo with Smith. Maybe. We had him for 56 of the 60 mins and were losing.

Cal Poly and Idaho are guaranteed W's with him. My concern is that our problems are MUCH deeper than Captain Kirkegaard. Our D cannot stop a thing. I repeat, unless our D can make some stops, it doesn't matter who is behind center.

I am just starting to relaize that we want Brett to push us to victory, but he can't go play Safety too. (Although it would be nice.) I just foresee him "possibly" having a rough year upon return because of the TEAM around him.

I am just depressed...as you can tell. :cry: I am having dreams right now about Wyo football and they are more like nightmares... I want nothing more to see them succeed as a team.