1910 Wolf Hunting film

A forum for everything else not sports related. A place for fun and everything amusing.
alyssa
A Real Cowboy

I learned this type of hunting where one has smelling dogs locate and flush out the targets and then one other stands by to release the speed, tackle and pin dogs until the capture and/or kill man arrives.

After 50% of the cats I had have been picked off by coyotes, the coyotes don't know what danger they are in. One has everything it takes to pick them off now.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oneQ5XGrLHA" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
laxwyo
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 137 times
Been liked: 150 times

ok, those did not look like the wolves we have here in wyoming. I thought the film might actually be coyotes or maybe those are timber wolves that might be quite a bit smaller. Those dogs did look bigger but it's usually the wolves doing that to hounds rather than dogs doing it to wolves.
W-Y, Until I Die!
alyssa
A Real Cowboy

Those are wolves in the film. I learned this type of hunting from my European heritage. In that film there are different dog breeds but they use Russian Wolfhounds, or Borzoi. Those wolves are not as big as ones in America.
So the idea is when it's time to let the leash of Borzoi go (or whatever sighthounds one uses) 2 will tackle the target from behind the ears and flip it over on its back and the 3rd dog puts his mouth on the targets throat to hold him for the human hunter.
Sometimes tactics change though.
I'm using a certain strategy or two to get the coyotes because they have started killing the pets. My pets are all ones who have been abused and abandoned to family property. This last cat they took was very special to me. I had just spent time specifically with him hours before he was gone. He was tossed out of a car while in his momma's belly. I've been devastated by it as if the cat were a person. I've cried everyday for him. I failed him.
Anyway, so I am his momma too and I''m the type of momma that you don't mess with. So on Thursday, after a few days of prep, I went out to get 'em.
I got 10 of 'em and I'm not done looking for more. I'm fixin' ta prepare for a different strategy.
laxwyo
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 137 times
Been liked: 150 times

I use dogs for coyote hunting
W-Y, Until I Die!