Library Bar moving?

Everything Wyoming Cowboy and Mountain West football!
PokeTransplant
Cowpoke
Has liked: 23 times
Been liked: 14 times

Maybe a little off topic...but is Bailey's still in business? Really started to get into that place as an after class weekend joint...
spindoctor02
WyoNation Moderator

HR_Poke wrote: I would disagree, I knew Bryan and a lot of the original staff when they purchased it from the old owners. The quality of food and service went way up from the old owners. There was a lot of bad blood with the old owners as well during the negotiations for purchase. Bryan was originally supposed to get everything (bar, restaraunt, and liquor store, and building.) The old owners kept changing things and ended up renigging on the liquor store and building portion of the deal. I haven't been there since 2008 so the food and service might have gone down hill as I know some of the original staff and bartenders have left.
I think I might have spent most every Friday afternoon/evening at The Library from 2004-2006 for Trivia and Happy Hour. I remember the owner at the time would give my buddy and I a free drink every time we'd finish in the top 10 nationwide during one of the trivia games. The happy hour food was good and the drinks were cheep at that time. Plus, it was easy to walk back home after a 4 hour trivia session with our ample amounts of "brain tonic". :)

Maybe it was just the food I ordered last time I was in there, but I really remember thinking it had gone down a lot. Maybe just a bad night. Unfortunately, I haven't spent much time in Laramie since I graduated.
Brew_Poke
Cowpoke
Has liked: 27 times
Been liked: 2 times

wyocowboy2014 wrote:I was wondering what was going on with wingerz. They have been working on it lately. I think for the library to be successful again they need to stay on the west side of town. Downtown is over saturated with similar places and they wouldn't get the business that they are used to on the west side. I would love to see them build or renovate an existing location that really embodies Wyoming. Real rustic feel with wyo memorabilia and a rustic saloon type bar without creating a country dance hall. They need to have a western mans bar.
Yeah, that's what Laramie needs another cowboy bar. LOL
BeaverPoke
Bronco-Buster

PokeTransplant wrote:Maybe a little off topic...but is Bailey's still in business? Really started to get into that place as an after class weekend joint...

Yep, it still is a good afterclass type place.

And who ever commented about the Crow Bar, I agree that is the new place to go I think. I still havent been but always here my friends saying they are going to the crow or they were at the crow.

I wanna check it out.
If you ever need to laugh, just remember there was some idiot who wanted Bohl fired after 2 seasons.
Subcanis
A Real Cowboy

BeaverPoke wrote:
PokeTransplant wrote:Maybe a little off topic...but is Bailey's still in business? Really started to get into that place as an after class weekend joint...

And who ever commented about the Crow Bar, I agree that is the new place to go I think. I still havent been but always here my friends saying they are going to the crow or they were at the crow.

I wanna check it out.
Their food is amazingly good. Service and clientele leaves something to be desired however.

Sent from my ADR6410LVW using Tapatalk 2
"I never saw a buckin' hoss to top Steamboat. Fact is, he was the closest thing to perpetual motion that ever wore hair. Few men could stand that kind of battering without bleeding from the nose, and most became nauseated as well. Ol' Steamboat put some of the toughest into the hospital for repairs."
McPeachy
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 306 times
Been liked: 120 times

Subcanis wrote:
BeaverPoke wrote:

I wanna check it out.
Their food is amazingly good. Service and clientele leaves something to be desired however.

As good as the food is supposed to be at The Crow Bar, I have never made it past the nasty drinks they make, the odd / cold atmosphere, and the horrific and indifferent service. That, and they have a hell of an exhaust system issue or something. So, I guess it depends on what you forgive for "great food" whether you frequent an establishment.
Dear Karma,

I have a list of people you missed...
Wyovanian
WyoNation Addict
Has liked: 13 times
Been liked: 16 times

McPeachy wrote:
Subcanis wrote:
BeaverPoke wrote:

I wanna check it out.

As good as the food is supposed to be at The Crow Bar, I have never made it past the nasty drinks they make, the odd / cold atmosphere, and the horrific and indifferent service. That, and they have a hell of an exhaust system issue or something. So, I guess it depends on what you forgive for "great food" whether you frequent an establishment.
Place definitely has some exhaust issues, needs to learn the fundamentals of mixology, and would benefit from some adults taking charge, but their pizza, damn! Best pie in three states.
"WE are the music makers and WE are the dreamers of the dreams." -Willy Wonka (Gene Wilder) Willy Wonka and the Chocolate Factory
phxpoke
A Real Cowboy
Has liked: 33 times
Been liked: 16 times

Wyo2dal wrote:
stymeman wrote:I was there 88-93 when we knew it as the Drawbridge and TD's Dance Club, we knew the liquor store as the Lil Brown Jug, and hence I still refer to it as that. This is kinda sad as I'm sure they'll put a chain restaurant in there, no one really ever went to the Library for food, it was purely a drinking establishment, at least in my eyes. I hate it like everyone else when an icon to those of us that spent many a time in there, probably when we shouldn't have, but grew up there. OH WELL, can't stop progress I guess...lol
Those names really bring back memories TD's Dance Club is what I will always know that place by same time frame I lived there some really good times in that area at that time.
TD's was always fun, but I loved those "rocker chicks" at Under the Table :lol:
Lost Poke
Cowpoke
Been liked: 15 times

stymeman wrote:I was there 88-93 when we knew it as the Drawbridge and TD's Dance Club, we knew the liquor store as the Lil Brown Jug, and hence I still refer to it as that. This is kinda sad as I'm sure they'll put a chain restaurant in there, no one really ever went to the Library for food, it was purely a drinking establishment, at least in my eyes. I hate it like everyone else when an icon to those of us that spent many a time in there, probably when we shouldn't have, but grew up there. OH WELL, can't stop progress I guess...lol

Ah, TD's and The Drawbridge. I danced many a dance (House of Pain's "Jump" was huge for a long time) at TD's, and crossed the "drawbridge" into the Drawbridge for pitchers of beer many times.

Fond memories:
- Buying Bartles & James peach coolers without an ID at the Li'l Brown Jug my freshman year
- The big football team vs. honkies fight that spilled out of TD's into the dorm parking lots in '90 or '91
- The all-conference DT throwing my buddy around like a rag doll after my buddy moved his basket of eaten chicken wings in TD's
- My pal the bouncer / dj still hungover at 10 pm trying to get that DT to put my friend down
- The so-called athletics academic adviser being right there in the middle of the mess - seriously, what was that guy even doing in there?
- Getting sh*tty and singing "God Bless America" and the national anthem at the tops of our lungs in the Drawbridge the night the first gulf war started
- Romper Room, or the 18 and up no-alcohol Thursdays at TD's. The meat market went into hyperdrive that night

There are more memories than I could reasonably post here about those two places.
laxwyo
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 137 times
Been liked: 150 times

The last time I went there, it's been a few years, I think dudes were hitting on me. not 100% but I got a strange vibe about that place on that particular night. Is there a night of the week straight dudes shouldn't be going in there? :rofl:
W-Y, Until I Die!