Brett Smith and Eddie Yarbrough

Everything Wyoming Cowboy and Mountain West football!
Wyo2dal
Bronco-Buster
Been liked: 1 time

Brett Smith and Eddie Yarbrough Both Candidates for MAACO Bowl Las Vegas MW Player of the Week Honor
This is the fourth time this season that Smith has been a candidate for the award.

https://www.facebook.com/lvbowl" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Right now BSU RB had a pathetic game - D.J. Harper, Boise State RB- 10 carries for 107 yards and 2 TDs and he has 268 votes. Brett Smith and Eddie Yarbrough together only have 100.

I know this year has been a let down but seriously these guys deserve the vote and if they lose out to a 10 carry performance that really shows the lack of fan support.
fromolwyoming
WyoNation Lifer
Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 2 times

Voted for Smith. Would have done both, but would not let me. :(
WYCowboy
WyoNation Moderator
Has liked: 6 times
Been liked: 2 times

fromolwyoming wrote:Voted for Smith. Would have done both, but would not let me. :(
Same here.
You can tell how big a person is by what it takes to discourage him/her.
mrtnt3x
A Real Cowboy

+1
Powder River ... Let 'R Buck!
Wyo2dal
Bronco-Buster

Wyoming fans are f-word pathetic this season anyone that didn't have enough time to go and vote for one of our players for the Maco Bowl Player of the week doesn't even deserve to be a fan for the team. You let SDSU garbage RB performance get 3 times as many votes as B Smiths and Yarbrough together.
BackHarlowRoad
A Real Cowboy
Been liked: 4 times

Wyo2dal wrote:Wyoming fans are f-word pathetic this season anyone that didn't have enough time to go and vote for one of our players for the Maco Bowl Player of the week doesn't even deserve to be a fan for the team. You let SDSU garbage RB performance get 3 times as many votes as B Smiths and Yarbrough together.
We can only vote once, and there really aren't very many of us out in the world.

Oh well. No one will be remembered for all eternity for winning Maaco Bowl Player of the Week.
Wyo2dal
Bronco-Buster

It's not the point last year we had no problem compiling the votes to get more than 100 between two players. Now no one even cares the players deserve better than that.
AfiPoke
Cowpoke

The students have to get involved in these kind of things. At Indiana, the Athletic Department offers three internships a year (paid, albeit poorly) for IT undergrads whose primary mission is to promote/develop these kind of 'freebie' PR things for the student body.

Our Athletic Department does a very poor job of using technology and isn't very innovative when it comes to promoting Cowboy sports. We have how many German players currently on the rosters? How goddamn hard is it to create an internet portal with a Deutsche major providing weekly updates and doing interviews? Maybe a cultural hour with those guys every now and then? This stuff isn't expensive and generates both publicity and interest.

Could someone develop an app that one could input their seat#, section, row and then their screen would flash brown/gold in a synchronized fashion? Hell, do it in the dome and it would look cool. Every student at UW must own a smartphone by now (except for maybe some of those Neanderthals from Rock Springs). Get the computer departments involved and generate some buzz. It ain't rocket science (well, maybe it is, I'm no code writer).

How about a website (like WyoNation) where one could peruse a map and see where Poke Fans are watching games from? Sign in just before game time and go to the map to see where we are all at (although someone might have to censor Lax's avatars for the kiddies). Hell, we can't all attend the games but, it would be pretty cool to see where all of us are at. I bet the players and coaches would get a kick out of a quick screenshot of something like that on the jumbotron.

We seem to be missing the boat on some of this stuff.
Wyo2dal
Bronco-Buster

AfiPoke wrote:The students have to get involved in these kind of things. At Indiana, the Athletic Department offers three internships a year (paid, albeit poorly) for IT undergrads whose primary mission is to promote/develop these kind of 'freebie' PR things for the student body.

Our Athletic Department does a very poor job of using technology and isn't very innovative when it comes to promoting Cowboy sports. We have how many German players currently on the rosters? How goddamn hard is it to create an internet portal with a Deutsche major providing weekly updates and doing interviews? Maybe a cultural hour with those guys every now and then? This stuff isn't expensive and generates both publicity and interest.

Could someone develop an app that one could input their seat#, section, row and then their screen would flash brown/gold in a synchronized fashion? Hell, do it in the dome and it would look cool. Every student at UW must own a smartphone by now (except for maybe some of those Neanderthals from Rock Springs). Get the computer departments involved and generate some buzz. It ain't rocket science (well, maybe it is, I'm no code writer).

How about a website (like WyoNation) where one could peruse a map and see where Poke Fans are watching games from? Sign in just before game time and go to the map to see where we are all at (although someone might have to censor Lax's avatars for the kiddies). Hell, we can't all attend the games but, it would be pretty cool to see where all of us are at. I bet the players and coaches would get a kick out of a quick screenshot of something like that on the jumbotron.

We seem to be missing the boat on some of this stuff.
Wyoming much like the MWC is in the dark ages there appears to be no University goals much like the Mtn Network had no network expansion goals. Wyoming could sell online streaming like http://btn.com/btn2go-big-ten-digital-network/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; there is so much that could be done for the school that while it may cost some money but it's very important.

If our TV package next year is 1 televised football game outside of Wyoming, and 3 on Rootsports again you can kill Wyoming Football and Basketball recruiting goodbye.
AfiPoke
Cowpoke

[/quote]
Wyoming much like the MWC is in the dark ages there appears to be no University goals much like the Mtn Network had no network expansion goals. Wyoming could sell online streaming like http://btn.com/btn2go-big-ten-digital-network/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; there is so much that could be done for the school that while it may cost some money but it's very important.

If our TV package next year is 1 televised football game outside of Wyoming, and 3 on Rootsports again you can kill Wyoming Football and Basketball recruiting goodbye.[/quote]

Well, as we who populate these forums are akin to the Taliban for our schools (rabid fans, financial supporters, promoters, etc...), might I suggest we actually do something about it?

Just suppose we put together a memo highlighting the critical gaps that could be filled (largely in-house, thru the University) and submit it to the President's/Athletic Director's office, the Computer Science Dept, Communications Dept., Alumni Association, School of Business, and CJC? I know they have marketing department/info directors who are tagged with doing this but, I am sure they don't receive well reasoned feedback (likely, more along the lines of 'you guys suck...why no strippers at halftime?'). I certainly don't remember receiving any surveys or, if I did, they were infrastructure centric.

This board seems to have a good cross section of fans who represent the varying age demographics. There are also those who have significant technical skills associated with this medium (internet, social media, internet streaming, etc...). It seems we could put together five pages of ideas that could be worked on in an inter-departmental fashion.

I don't know how many members are on the Nation? I'm sure Mr. T has a tally somewhere. A plan endorsed by several hundred fans might give CJC or the Athletic Department the ammo it needs to actually do something?

I'm game.
Wyo2dal
Bronco-Buster

I would be more than happy to from a multimedia and streaming view point there is very little I'm not familiar with however you would need oo find someone else to lay it all out. My grammar/spelling etc is just awful.

It's obviously that part of the equipment is already available but it seems like the biggest issue is Wyoming Cowboys Football and Basketball media rights for both are sold to learfield sports.

Currently the Wrestling and Cowgirls matches are streamed video online I'm not sure why we haven't already done something on the video side but I can tell you this. If we have this bad of media rights next year were doomed.
Last edited by Wyo2dal on Sat Nov 24, 2012 11:00 am, edited 1 time in total.
AfiPoke
Cowpoke

Wyo2dal wrote:I would be more than happy to from a multimedia and streaming view point there is very little I'm not familiar with however you would need oo find someone else to lay it all out. My grammar/spelling etc is just awful.

It's obviously that part of the equipment is already available but it seems like the biggest issue is Wyoming Cowboys Football and Basketball media rights for both are sold to learfield sports.

Currently they Wrestling and Cowgirls matches are streamed video online I'm not sure why we haven't already done something on the video side but I can tell you this. If we have this bad of media rights next year were doomed.
Well, let me put a framework together and I am going to PM Mr. T about the project.

I will get in touch with the Business School and see what kind of interest there is for a motivated junior.

I will get in touch via PM once I have a framework done.