How Long?

Everything Wyoming Cowboy and Mountain West football!
Vapoke
Cowpoke

How long until you think BSU and SDSU rejoin the league. Really their buyout from the Big East is only going to be $1 million. There is no sports network going to pick up that football contract especially with Rutgers and more than likely Louisville and UCONN going to leave. I say UCONN leaves this week to the ACC. USF and UCF could stay in the Big East, but I don't see SMU and Houston moving. I think the BIG 12 will go after Louisville and Houston. The MWC should add BYU and SMU, get some of the Texas exposure back. It would be the best "Group of Five" by far and would be extremely competitive every year, and al the teams would benefit from recruiting since they would essentially be a BCS qualifier every year. Not to mention how basketball would benefit.
I also see the basketball teams from the Big East creating a basketball conference much like the WAC.
fromolwyoming
WyoNation Lifer
Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 2 times

BSU's AD has been wisely silent in all of this. SDSU's AD opened his mouth and has been about the only vocal supporter of the Least.

But really, it comes down to if the MWC can get a new TV deal done that would entice SUDS and SPUDS to stay and that can lure Houston and SMU as well.
laxwyo
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 137 times
Been liked: 147 times

about 9.5"! :rofl:
W-Y, Until I Die!
Cowduck
Cowpoke

I'll just come out and say it: BSU, SDSU, and to a lesser extent BYU would be idiots if they didn't come back into the fold at this point. I mean, if the ACC's brand new TV deal wasn't even good enough for Maryland to stay in that conference, the Big East's will be even less enticing to BSU and SDSU. And that's before you factor in how these schools have boned over their non-football sports with their move east. And they probably boned over their football programs to boot - the disadvantage of playing road games three or four timezones east pretty much ensures that neither school will ever be top of the "group of five." And that's assuming the Big East even survives - there is a very real possibility that it will totally collapse in the near future, which would leave BSU and SDSU holding their dicks.
Wyokie
WyoNation Moderator
Has liked: 36 times
Been liked: 45 times

You all better read this then....

http://www.eersauthority.com/expansion- ... the-brink/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

ACC could be killed off as well.
I want CHAMPIONSHIPS not chicken poop! And we're getting chicken poop!!!!!!!!!!!
Vapoke
Cowpoke

So the MWC could become a big 4 easily by keeping BSU SDSU and adding BYU and maybe Houston. That is a great conference.
fromolwyoming
WyoNation Lifer

Wyokie wrote:You all better read this then....

http://www.eersauthority.com/expansion- ... the-brink/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

ACC has locked in TV deal (more than what any Big Least team will ever make), and will likely backfill with Big Least remnants and C-USA East teams. This more or less kills off 2 former AQ conferences (Big Least b-ball schools never got AQ money, and may dissolve Big Least football, or the conference altogether).

For once, the MWC being off by iteself for the most part (and killing the WAC football) turns out to be for the best.
whyoh
WyoNation Addict

laxwyo wrote:about 9.5"! :rofl:
He wasn't asking how much you could take :whistle:
disclaimer: I could be wrong. I've done it before...I'll probably do it again.

a high fallootin'...rootin' tootin' sonofa gun from 'ol WYOMIN'
CarolinaWyo
Buckaroo

This might bad news for the MWC. If the remnants of the ACC & the Big East merge, they may still pull teams east.
laxwyo
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 137 times
Been liked: 147 times

One of the two will survive, probably the ACC since they have a tv deal and big least doesn't. I think there's enough eastern teams from the leftover big east And ACC to make a viable conference that wouldn't need western teams. Could care less what Houston does. One truck ponies
W-Y, Until I Die!
fromolwyoming
WyoNation Lifer

laxwyo wrote:One of the two will survive, probably the ACC since they have a tv deal and big least doesn't. I think there's enough eastern teams from the leftover big east And ACC to make a viable conference that wouldn't need western teams. Could care less what Houston does. One truck ponies
That's BSU.
WYCowboy
WyoNation Moderator
Has liked: 6 times

fromolwyoming wrote:

ACC has locked in TV deal (more than what any Big Least team will ever make), and will likely backfill with Big Least remnants and C-USA East teams. This more or less kills off 2 former AQ conferences (Big Least b-ball schools never got AQ money, and may dissolve Big Least football, or the conference altogether).

For once, the MWC being off by iteself for the most part (and killing the WAC football) turns out to be for the best.

I have a feeling that that ACC TV deal will have a clause in it that will make it null & void if a certain # of schools leave the conference.
You can tell how big a person is by what it takes to discourage him/her.