An atrocious season thankfully comes to an end...

Everything Wyoming Cowboy and Mountain West football!
AfiPoke
Cowpoke

Good post Doc.
fromolwyoming
WyoNation Lifer
Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 2 times

Kind of obvious that it's been a depressing year for Poke fans. Texas game looked promising, than Toledo happened (piece of poop refs and classless Toledo), and it just began spiraling down from there.

No one is saying this season was a good one and everyone is pissed about how it overall went down. To say otherwise is to be an ignoramous. Or too cocky for your own good. Show me 1 UW fan that is happy with how the overall season went down (because we did keep the boot for a 4th straight year, which is ALWAYS a good thing), and I will back off. Until then, you're just regurgitating everything that has been said all season.
DocHolliday
Cowpoke

fromolwyoming wrote:Kind of obvious that it's been a depressing year for Poke fans. Texas game looked promising, than Toledo happened (piece of poop refs and classless Toledo), and it just began spiraling down from there.

No one is saying this season was a good one and everyone is pissed about how it overall went down. To say otherwise is to be an ignoramous. Or too cocky for your own good. Show me 1 UW fan that is happy with how the overall season went down (because we did keep the boot for a 4th straight year, which is ALWAYS a good thing), and I will back off. Until then, you're just regurgitating everything that has been said all season.
Yes, I did re-state some things I've been saying earlier this year -- and I did so because the emphasis needed to be once again on just how awful the situation has been and how far things have fallen.

However, while there were tinges of restating some things, it was also done in an effort to hopefully begin cultivating a new mindset within the fan base/administration, and certainly here on this board where I feel the status quo is swallowed and too many people ask for seconds.

That is, either the above paragraph, or a fan base in the midst of a horrific season who for some reason got all moist from a late season 3 game streak over some of the most awful opponents imaginable and then asked where the naysayers were. Are you kidding me?

I've read you comments all season long, and you won't hold it against me if I view you and your words as a huge symptom of the problem much more than anything resembling a solution.

In fact, if you were part of any think tank that I was involved with that was responsible for some fresh ideas, I'd throw you out of the room for your smugness, your sarcasm, and yes, your gut feeling(if you're honest with us) that we're all really expecting too much.

I view you as the ringleader of sorts of what I'll now refer to as the; 'status quo club'.

Come back to us when you have some ideas of your own beyond the jive you've been spinning pretty much all year long.

I don't like your attitude, sir, and I'd imagine I'm not alone.

Lastly, are you related to Charlie & Dick Monfort?

GO POKES!
fromolwyoming
WyoNation Lifer

DocHolliday wrote:
Yes, I did re-state some things I've been saying earlier this year -- and I did so because the emphasis needed to be once again on just how awful the situation has been and how far things have fallen.
So, all you can do is say something that everyone else has been saying all season? Awesome!
However, while there were tinges of restating some things, it was also done in an effort to hopefully begin cultivating a new mindset within the fan base/administration, and certainly here on this board where I feel the status quo is swallowed and too many people ask for seconds.
You do realize that overall, it is a new mindset for the UW administration? Ever since Tiller was more or less ran off, up until fairly recently, the UW adminstration WAS keeping to the status quo, despite protests by fans. I don't think you have really grasped that yet.
That is, either the above paragraph, or a fan base in the midst of a horrific season who for some reason got all moist from a late season 3 game streak over some of the most awful opponents imaginable and then asked where the naysayers were. Are you kidding me?
Considering we hadn't won in Vegas or New Mexico in quite a while (including 2010), yeah, I'd say that was a step in the right direction. And it's certainly better than when ended up with only 1 conference win back in 2010, and that was when we detroyed the sheep at the end of the season. So you take wins when you can, especially when a season has turned out like it has.
I've read you comments all season long, and you won't hold it against me if I view you and your words as a huge symptom of the problem much more than anything resembling a solution.
So, my saying that I have been dissapointed with the defense (a huge understatement) and second half offenses/halftime adjustments as a fan hat hs no real control over that? Yeah, I'm a HUGE detriment to the program. Despite going to evvery game I can.
In fact, if you were part of any think tank that I was involved with that was responsible for some fresh ideas, I'd throw you out of the room for your smugness, your sarcasm, and yes, your gut feeling(if you're honest with us) that we're all really expecting too much.
My smugness? Really? Do you read what you post at all? Apparently not.

And "my gut feeling that we're expecting too much"? Where did that come from? I want us to be on the level that Paul Roach had us on when he was head coach, at the very least. That means being a top 20 team, conference champs, an offense that is always in-sync, and a defense that punishes offenses.
I view you as the ringleader of sorts of what I'll now refer to as the; 'status quo club'.
A ring leader of the "status quo club"? What? All I want is for the Pokes to be successful. And building a program is not an easy or quick task, otherwise we'll be running any coach that isn't automatically getting us into the top 25 every year from year one. And about the only coaches that would even have a chance at doing that will never come here because they already have the job they want.
Come back to us when you have some ideas of your own beyond the jive you've been spinning pretty much all year long.
Again, what jive? I've been saying that if the o-line were more consistent, the offense would have a better chance at moving the ball through the air and on the ground. And I have been critical of the defense all year. And not from looking at a piece of paper, but from watching them live, TV, or online (whichever is available) and making my deductions about the team. So until YOU can actually say anything true about me, you can just shut up.
I don't like your attitude, sir, and I'd imagine I'm not alone.
Because I don't blindly follow you and agree with you? Nice.
Lastly, are you related to Charlie & Dick Monfort?
Who the f-word are they? My family has lived in Laramie for 4 generations, we're not rich or prestigious or anything of the sort. However, most people don't really seem to have an issue with me or my views.
GO POKES!
I'd say about the only thing we seem to agree on, though coming from you, I find it suspect.
DocHolliday
Cowpoke

Yeah, that's all nice and all.

But I'm done with you.

Next.
fromolwyoming
WyoNation Lifer

Ah, and I thought we had something sepcial.
Cuttslam
WyoNation Addict

Say what you will about fromolwyoming but you can't say he isn't a great Cowboy fan. Period
I BLEED BROWN AND GOLD.
J-Rod
Bronco-Buster

Cuttslam wrote:Say what you will about fromolwyoming but you can't say he isn't a great Cowboy fan. Period
No doubt. Everyone is upset over this season, and we all want to find a solution through different routes (some want CDC gone, others say persevere). Reality is, none of us know the correct answer. Firing CDC could prove disastrous, as could allowing him to rot Brett Smith's ability away. Only time will tell.

Here's hoping Wyoming eventually strikes gold......only three years ago, there were talks of San Jose State dropping football. Here they are in 2012, sitting at 10-2. 10-2!!!!! So much for quick turnarounds being impossible.

I'm telling you guys....one of these days, Wyoming will pull a La Tech/SJSU and get a special coach. Don't know when, but one day.....bad luck only lasts so long.
SDPokeFan
WyoNation Addict
Has liked: 3 times
Been liked: 34 times

Just my two or three cents on the season.

1. I don't know what on God's green earth this team does at halftime, but it needs to do the opposite.

2. Brett Smith is the entire team.

3. If Tormey isn't fired, it's an affront to Wyoming fans. This defense was all-time bad. How do you give up 400 yards rushing to a team? It's not like this was Air Force, that runs on every play either. Very few players on Wyoming's defense belong on a Division I football team. They can't cover, they can't tackle, they can't rush the passer. They can't do much of anything.

4. We must recruit some offensive and defensive lineman that are difference makers.
Cuttslam
WyoNation Addict

SDPokeFan wrote:Just my two or three cents on the season.

1. I don't know what on God's green earth this team does at halftime, but it needs to do the opposite.

2. Brett Smith is the entire team.

3. If Tormey isn't fired, it's an affront to Wyoming fans. This defense was all-time bad. How do you give up 400 yards rushing to a team? It's not like this was Air Force, that runs on every play either. Very few players on Wyoming's defense belong on a Division I football team. They can't cover, they can't tackle, they can't rush the passer. They can't do much of anything.

4. We must recruit some offensive and defensive lineman that are difference makers.
NO NO NO NO NO, THIS IS NOT POSITIVE ENERGY, sit down slowly and drink some of this nice calming brown and gold tea.
I BLEED BROWN AND GOLD.
MrTitleist
WyoNation Overlord
Has liked: 8 times
Been liked: 33 times

SDPokeFan wrote:4. We must recruit some offensive and defensive lineman that are difference makers.
Two OL committed to UW today.
ImageImageImageImage
fromolwyoming
WyoNation Lifer

MrTitleist wrote:
SDPokeFan wrote:4. We must recruit some offensive and defensive lineman that are difference makers.
Better update the recruit thread then.
laxwyo
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 136 times
Been liked: 145 times

Cuttslam, isn't Dino's hand supposed to be up your ass?
W-Y, Until I Die!
MrTitleist
WyoNation Overlord
Has liked: 8 times
Been liked: 33 times

fromolwyoming wrote:
MrTitleist wrote:
Better update the recruit thread then.
I'll do it this week sometime.. when I'm not at work..
ImageImageImageImage
fromolwyoming
WyoNation Lifer

Just got a look at them, and they are BIG.

Connor Riese 6'7 305 lbs.
http://rivals.yahoo.com/footballrecruit ... ezIJlDPZB4" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Kurtis Stirneman 6'6 280lbs.
http://rivals.yahoo.com/footballrecruit ... aGSTxDPZB4" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

We will have a couple of giants on the o-line! :o
J-Rod
Bronco-Buster

A lot of offers from FCS/MAC schools, but they are huge no doubt.
fromolwyoming
WyoNation Lifer

J-Rod wrote:A lot of offers from FCS/MAC schools, but they are huge no doubt.
Considering one is from Wisconsin and the other from Illinois, not much of a surprise really.
Cuttslam
WyoNation Addict

laxwyo wrote:Cuttslam, isn't Dino's hand supposed to be up your ass?
Another one of your fantasies. When is your coming out party.
I BLEED BROWN AND GOLD.
stymeman
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 4 times
Been liked: 44 times

laxwyo wrote:It happens in a shoot out. Difference is we forgot to shoot in second half.
I thought it was going to turn out like that 52-51 shootout in 1990 that was a good game man the memories
Wyokie
WyoNation Moderator
Has liked: 36 times
Been liked: 45 times

stymeman wrote:
laxwyo wrote:It happens in a shoot out. Difference is we forgot to shoot in second half.
I thought it was going to turn out like that 52-51 shootout in 1990 that was a good game man the memories
I was at that game in 1990. 3 months later parents and I were moving to OKC. :roll:
I want CHAMPIONSHIPS not chicken poop! And we're getting chicken poop!!!!!!!!!!!