Gene Chizik fired by Auburn...

Everything Wyoming Cowboy and Mountain West football!
PokePride.com
Cowpoke

We should bring him to Laramie. A National Championship coach in Laramie not that would create some buzz!!! :D
J-Rod
Bronco-Buster

Is he bringing Cam Newton with him?
fromolwyoming
WyoNation Lifer
Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 2 times

Uh, no. He was a one hit wonder with Scam Newton. Since then, his team got lucky against Utah State last year, and has since been ran over by every team they have faced.
OrediggerPoke
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 63 times
Been liked: 231 times

You really have to be an awful coach to be 3-9 with the recruiting classes that Auburn has had. Auburn is a great job for any coach that gets it as the players are already there.
MrTitleist
WyoNation Overlord
Has liked: 8 times
Been liked: 33 times

Lots of college coaches losing their jobs today.. Chizik, John Embree at Colorado, Danny Hope at Purdue, O'Brien at NC State, Spaziani at Boston College. Pretty rough day.
ImageImageImageImage
Wyokie
WyoNation Moderator
Has liked: 36 times
Been liked: 45 times

MrTitleist wrote:Lots of college coaches losing their jobs today.. Chizik, John Embree at Colorado, Danny Hope at Purdue, O'Brien at NC State, Spaziani at Boston College. Pretty rough day.
Wasn't Danny Hope an assistant at UW during the Roach years?
I want CHAMPIONSHIPS not chicken poop! And we're getting chicken poop!!!!!!!!!!!
MrTitleist
WyoNation Overlord
Has liked: 8 times
Been liked: 33 times

You're the expert here.. what do you think? :)
ImageImageImageImage
fromolwyoming
WyoNation Lifer

Chizik was a pretender that rode Scam Newton to the title game, Embree loved being a Buff (I'll give him that) but should never have been hired, Danny Hope, sounds like he didn't have much defense, I thought O'Brien had his team top 25 a year or two ago, and Boston College has to compete with Notre Dame. That's just not fair for the Eagles.
Wyokie
WyoNation Moderator
Has liked: 36 times
Been liked: 45 times

MrTitleist wrote:You're the expert here.. what do you think? :)
Hey, I'm a lazy bum just like most of the the athletic dept in Laramie.

Personally, I honestly think Wyoming needs to fire CDC but they won't since the AD has no balls!!!!
I want CHAMPIONSHIPS not chicken poop! And we're getting chicken poop!!!!!!!!!!!
PokePride.com
Cowpoke

I never said he was great I just said it would help create some buzz!!!
fromolwyoming
WyoNation Lifer

PokePride.com wrote:I never said he was great I just said it would help create some buzz!!!
Considering all the 4 and 5 star talent Auburn signed, and he had what, 1 win or so this year, that would not bode well for a school who struggles getting 3 star kids.
COS Cowboy
Cowpoke
Been liked: 1 time

How about we bring Chizik on as Defensive Coordinator? He was a good DC but lousey HC (kind of like Koennig). Think he still wants to coach?
McPeachy
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 306 times
Been liked: 120 times

Going to be an interesting off season with coaching churn. I bet we see Anderson (USU), MacIntyer (SJSU) for sure move on from the MWC. Also a possibility that Peterson (BSU) takes the leap this year, and quite possibly I could see Deruyter (FSU) moving on.
Dear Karma,

I have a list of people you missed...
fromolwyoming
WyoNation Lifer

McPeachy wrote:Going to be an interesting off season with coaching churn. I bet we see Anderson (USU), MacIntyer (SJSU) for sure move on from the MWC. Also a possibility that Peterson (BSU) takes the leap this year, and quite possibly I could see Deruyter (FSU) moving on.
I think DeRuyter is happy at Fresno, and it sounds like Anderson is happy where he's at as well.
stymeman
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 4 times
Been liked: 44 times

goes to show ya if you don't produce year in and year out you're gone....DC take heed next year...lol
J-Rod
Bronco-Buster

fromolwyoming wrote: I think DeRuyter is happy at Fresno, and it sounds like Anderson is happy where he's at as well.
And Petersen makes more $$$ than both those guys contracts put together. If Petersen was going to leave, it would have happened already.
BeaverPoke
Bronco-Buster

J-Rod wrote:
fromolwyoming wrote: I think DeRuyter is happy at Fresno, and it sounds like Anderson is happy where he's at as well.
And Petersen makes more $$$ than both those guys contracts put together. If Petersen was going to leave, it would have happened already.
Peterson to Arkansas or Tennessee or Auburn would pay more than Boise St.
If you ever need to laugh, just remember there was some idiot who wanted Bohl fired after 2 seasons.
J-Rod
Bronco-Buster

BeaverPoke wrote: Peterson to Arkansas or Tennessee or Auburn would pay more than Boise St.
They would......but it won't happen. Petersen shot all rumors down just a few hours ago in a press conference....(Cal and Arkansas)