Uniforms

Everything Wyoming Cowboy and Mountain West football!
Wyovanian
WyoNation Addict
Has liked: 13 times
Been liked: 16 times

WYO1016 wrote:
OrediggerPoke wrote:The Steamboat is our symbol and should be used in the vast majority of games..however, I really like the look of the W! My only suggestion would be to have the W on both sides of the helmet when used.

Let's be honest, our uniforms have advanced leaps and bounds in the past 5 years! Just look back at the praire gold uniforms and the New Balance gameday gold uniforms that followed. In fact, I would put us and Boise State as having the best uniform combinations in the MWC.

It sounds crazy, but the uniforms DO help quite a bit in recruiting.
NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO
:evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil:

Steamboat or nothing! We've got one of the most iconic and recognizable helmets in all of college football. You think that Texas is thinking about putting a T on the side of their helmet like Tennessee? NO!

If it ain't broke, don't try to fix it. LEAVE STEAMBOAT ALONE!!!
You do understand that the Longhorn logo on UT's helmets represents the letter "T"?
"WE are the music makers and WE are the dreamers of the dreams." -Willy Wonka (Gene Wilder) Willy Wonka and the Chocolate Factory
WYO1016
WyoNation Addict
Has liked: 36 times
Been liked: 105 times

Wyovanian wrote:You do understand that the Longhorn logo on UT's helmets represents the letter "T"?
Represents? Yes. Is? No. When you see that longhorn you immediately think of the University of Texas at Austin, just like when you see Steamboat you immediately think of Wyoming.
stymeman
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 4 times
Been liked: 44 times

I dug the look, except the W, we are a bucking horse helmet team, I'd agree with shiny gold, but we should never go away from the bucking horse ever....sorry......I really liked the camo against AF...we're ok
fromolwyoming
WyoNation Lifer
Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 2 times

Well, it was a "W" on one side and Steamboat on the other. We've had both in the past, so I won't complain.

Still would like an all gold look though. With an outlined steamboat on the helmet (brown outline, but gold in the center).
WestWYOPoke
WyoNation Addict
Has liked: 8 times
Been liked: 8 times

I think a Wyoming helmet should ALWAYS have Steamboat on at least one side of the helmet. Having said that, I don't mind having the "W" on the other side once or twice a year. It's a nice change up, looks good, and as long as Steamboat is on the other side, I'm happy.
Fullback41
A Real Cowboy

I liked the brown jerseys but still like the more traditional brown ones with "WYOMING" spelled out in little letters on the front as well, I hope they plan on using both OR have a real throwback uniform like the 1996 unis with the striped helmets, etc.

They need to get some gold pants with brown barbwire striping with a white shadow/border on one side. If we ever get a barbwire element to the unis we also need a barbwire stripe for the helmets...again with a 3rd color shadow/outline.

Brown helmets were ok, and im ok with a W on one side as long as steamboat is on the other... but I wish they would outline the gold logos in white, just brown and gold with no white outlines or borders doesn't contrast or look as good.
As far as the camo goes... I like it as well but I think we could have a specific camo for UW that looks more like a field camo with the design using the actual steamboat logo in the camo itself....it would work well as an actual camo breaking up solid lines.
Last edited by Fullback41 on Mon Nov 26, 2012 5:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.
In heaven there is no beer, thats why we drink it here, and when we're gone from here, our friends will be drinking all the beer!
wyopokes2
Ranch Hand

Gold rush would look great in my opinion!

On a side note I have some input on all the uniforms. As most of you know I am a fan of jersey design. Hell I run a website devoted to tracking our uniforms. I like having a lot of combos...BUT it also has a negative effect that is not often considered. Everyone talks about getting recruits (which it very well may these days). However I know of a couple boosters who refuse to donate this year because of this. I have one in particular in mind who has donated a significant amount of money to the program before that has said that he will no longer continue to do so when it's being spent on 50 million uniform combos when they aren't needed. Now I don't know the ins and outs of how the booster situation works and if their money is even used for such items (maybe DC is paying out of his pocket for them). I just thought it an interesting for this booster to say such a thing.
COS Cowboy
Cowpoke
Been liked: 1 time

Fullback41 wrote:I liked the brown jerseys but still like the more traditional brown ones with "WYOMING" spelled out in little letters on the front as well, I hope they plan on using both OR have a real throwback uniform like the 1996 unis with the striped helmets, etc.
I'm glad I'm not the only one. I have never liked the abbreviated WYO.

Don't like the W on the helmet either. Steamboat should be on the helmet, no two ways about it.
fromolwyoming
WyoNation Lifer
Been liked: 2 times

wyopokes2 wrote:Gold rush would look great in my opinion!

On a side note I have some input on all the uniforms. As most of you know I am a fan of jersey design. Hell I run a website devoted to tracking our uniforms. I like having a lot of combos...BUT it also has a negative effect that is not often considered. Everyone talks about getting recruits (which it very well may these days). However I know of a couple boosters who refuse to donate this year because of this. I have one in particular in mind who has donated a significant amount of money to the program before that has said that he will no longer continue to do so when it's being spent on 50 million uniform combos when they aren't needed. Now I don't know the ins and outs of how the booster situation works and if their money is even used for such items (maybe DC is paying out of his pocket for them). I just thought it an interesting for this booster to say such a thing.
I like that look!

Now if only someone in the Athletic Department could put this under the AD's nose to look at...
Wyo2dal
Bronco-Buster
Been liked: 1 time

The W looked good it's an old Uniform look we have used a lot in the past. There is definitely no reason to not use it and the steamboat w/e I don't care if it's on the Helmet or not I know who the Cowboys are and the rest doesn't matter.

That said I like that gold setup but every time we have done it we have had mismatched pants/shirts and we looked like idiots on the field. It's debatable on the Helmet I'm not against any look we have ever had.