Joe Tiller and Dave Christensen Identical

Everything Wyoming Cowboy and Mountain West football!
Dread_Pirate_Cowboy
Ranch Hand

First four years, Joe Tiller's teams had a 23-23-1 record. Difference was Tiller inheritted a team that had won the WAC championship 3 of the previous 4 seasons but only made 1 bowl game. The only really good season a Joe Tiller team had was his sixth and final season. He was so scared about getting canned that he couldn't accept the Purdue job fast enough. Time has healed the wounds but Tiller gave Wyoming and all its redneck idiots the finger on his way out. The similarities with Dave Christensen are stunning....highly touted OC long overdue for his first HC job as a warmup to a big time HC job. No worries, in 20 years, you all will forget how hard you rode DC too and bemoan why Wyoming can't keep a good coach.
"Good?...Bad?.....I'm the guy with the Gun!" -- Ash Williams
Wyokie
WyoNation Moderator
Has liked: 36 times
Been liked: 45 times

Dread_Pirate_Cowboy wrote:First four years, Joe Tiller's teams had a 23-23-1 record. Difference was Tiller inheritted a team that had won the WAC championship 3 of the previous 4 seasons but only made 1 bowl game. The only really good season a Joe Tiller team had was his sixth and final season. He was so scared about getting canned that he couldn't accept the Purdue job fast enough. Time has healed the wounds but Tiller gave Wyoming and all its redneck idiots the finger on his way out. The similarities with Dave Christensen are stunning....highly touted OC long overdue for his first HC job as a warmup to a big time HC job. No worries, in 20 years, you all will forget how hard you rode DC too and bemoan why Wyoming can't keep a good coach.
One problem, buster, we only won the WAC TWICE in 1987 and in 1988. The 1990 squad DID NOT win the conference title (shared or otherwise). Plus we played in THREE bowl games in 4 years (1987 Holiday, 1988 Holiday, and 1990 Copper).

NEXT!
I want CHAMPIONSHIPS not chicken poop! And we're getting chicken poop!!!!!!!!!!!
COS Cowboy
Cowpoke
Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 1 time

Wyokie wrote:
Dread_Pirate_Cowboy wrote:First four years, Joe Tiller's teams had a 23-23-1 record. Difference was Tiller inheritted a team that had won the WAC championship 3 of the previous 4 seasons but only made 1 bowl game. The only really good season a Joe Tiller team had was his sixth and final season. He was so scared about getting canned that he couldn't accept the Purdue job fast enough. Time has healed the wounds but Tiller gave Wyoming and all its redneck idiots the finger on his way out. The similarities with Dave Christensen are stunning....highly touted OC long overdue for his first HC job as a warmup to a big time HC job. No worries, in 20 years, you all will forget how hard you rode DC too and bemoan why Wyoming can't keep a good coach.
One problem, buster, we only the WAC TWICE in 1987 and in 1988. The 1990 squad DID NOT won the conference title (shared or otherwise). Plus we played in THREE bowl games in 4 years (1987 Holiday, 1988 Holiday, and 1990 Copper).

NEXT!
Yeah Buster!
seattlecowboy
WyoNation Addict
Has liked: 2 times
Been liked: 16 times

They're not identical.

Dave is 22-28. He has a worse record and no consistency. Atleast Tiller had his two losing seasons the first two years and then they got better and he had no losing seasons after that.

Don't see anything identical about it.

Follow me on Twitter for all of your Free/Paid sports wagers all year around. Football, Basketball, Baseball, Hockey, Soccer, Tennis, etc….

488-348 +721 Units won in 6.5 months follow @bet_chase on twitter….
J-Rod
Bronco-Buster

seattlecowboy wrote:They're not identical.

Dave is 22-28. He has a worse record and no consistency. Atleast Tiller had his two losing seasons the first two years and then they got better and he had no losing seasons after that.

You know, that and CDC doesn't have a single win that could be deemed as impressive. Even Joe Glenn had BYU, Ole Miss (x2), UCLA, Utah, TCU, Virginia, Tennessee.

What does CDC have? Air Force? Yipee!
cowboyz
Cowpoke

Almost identical, except that one has a losing record and doesn't seem glad to be here. Joe ended up being a successful coach at this level, at both Wyoming and (especially) after moving to a power conference. I don't remember too many people upset at the hiring of DC. It seemed like a real good idea at the time. Now that he's had his chance, he doesn't seem up to the task. Think about the successful college coaches that jumped to the NFL and tanked. Some have come back to college teams and are doing well, as it's a better fit to their capabilities. Just because you're a good college coach doesn't mean you'll be a good NFL coach. And just because you're a good OC doesn't mean you'll be a good head coach. To me it appears DC falls into this category. I'm not saying that he's destroyed our program and needs to be shot. I'm saying that he's not the answer and we should move on and he can go back to being a successful OC somewhere else. Maybe even Missouri. Knucklehead Arroyo took a step back to being QB coach. He wasn't up to the task of being an OC at this level. Then again, Cal's (winning) head coach just got fired, so maybe Arroyo is already out the door as well. Bottom line with your statement is that Joe was a winner and DC is not.
YankPoke
Cowpoke

All of you guys are living in the 30 minute soap opera if I don't see results immediately then the coach needs to be fired world. Do you want to end up like CU who is now one of the least attractive jobs out there and they fired a guy that the players loved, and he was getting talent they just didn't give him enough time. A lot of successful coaches have struggled early during the course of setting the groundwork to building a program, Bill Snyder, Bill McCartney, Frank Beamer just to name a few. Coach Christensen has us going in the right direction we have more talent in the program than when he got here, we are redshirting 18! players that will be a huge help to be able to redshirt players and get them that extra year. We are probably returning the second best team in the MWC to Fresno depending on if SJSU and USU lose their coaches which is a good possibility and you want to quit now? Dave will have us winning 8-10 games yearly and competing for conference championships on a regular basis if we stick with him, you just need patience and the correct vision. We have the right vision and things are improving, we will most likely have a new DC next year and that hopefully will help our d but our program is going in the right direction the wins and losses may not show it right now but it is and you guys need to stop the 30 minute expectations or we will end up with a crap program like CU.
seattlecowboy
WyoNation Addict

YankPoke wrote:All of you guys are living in the 30 minute soap opera if I don't see results immediately then the coach needs to be fired world. Do you want to end up like CU who is now one of the least attractive jobs out there and they fired a guy that the players loved, and he was getting talent they just didn't give him enough time. A lot of successful coaches have struggled early during the course of setting the groundwork to building a program, Bill Snyder, Bill McCartney, Frank Beamer just to name a few. Coach Christensen has us going in the right direction we have more talent in the program than when he got here, we are redshirting 18! players that will be a huge help to be able to redshirt players and get them that extra year. We are probably returning the second best team in the MWC to Fresno depending on if SJSU and USU lose their coaches which is a good possibility and you want to quit now? Dave will have us winning 8-10 games yearly and competing for conference championships on a regular basis if we stick with him, you just need patience and the correct vision. We have the right vision and things are improving, we will most likely have a new DC next year and that hopefully will help our d but our program is going in the right direction the wins and losses may not show it right now but it is and you guys need to stop the 30 minute expectations or we will end up with a crap program like CU.
Not sure what this "All of you guys" crap is. All I was saying is that Joe Tiller and Dave Christensen are not identical.

Also your statement about the defense is not correct. If the defense is better next year it will be because Tormey sticks around and it is his 2nd year in the program not because he leaves and they hire another one. Usually teams struggle their first year with a new coordinator whether it is on offense or defense and improve the 2nd year. If they hire a new DC then they will most likely have a bad year again next year.
On the otherhand I don't think it is all the defensive coordinators fault. I have said this before but if you look at every year with Dave Christensen as the head coach the defense has been terrible whether it is Marty English coaching the defense or Tormey. So even if they do keep Tormey I would say based on the amount of information available that the defense will be bad again because it is the head coach that is actually in charge and making the final calls and not the defensive coordinator.

As for the talent being better than when he got here I would say the offensive talent is better but the defensive talent is worse.

Guess we will find out next year. :thumb:

Follow me on Twitter for all of your Free/Paid sports wagers all year around. Football, Basketball, Baseball, Hockey, Soccer, Tennis, etc….

Wyovanian
WyoNation Addict
Has liked: 13 times

YankPoke wrote:All of you guys are living in the 30 minute soap opera if I don't see results immediately then the coach needs to be fired world. Do you want to end up like CU who is now one of the least attractive jobs out there and they fired a guy that the players loved, and he was getting talent they just didn't give him enough time. A lot of successful coaches have struggled early during the course of setting the groundwork to building a program, Bill Snyder, Bill McCartney, Frank Beamer just to name a few. Coach Christensen has us going in the right direction we have more talent in the program than when he got here, we are redshirting 18! players that will be a huge help to be able to redshirt players and get them that extra year. We are probably returning the second best team in the MWC to Fresno depending on if SJSU and USU lose their coaches which is a good possibility and you want to quit now? Dave will have us winning 8-10 games yearly and competing for conference championships on a regular basis if we stick with him, you just need patience and the correct vision. We have the right vision and things are improving, we will most likely have a new DC next year and that hopefully will help our d but our program is going in the right direction the wins and losses may not show it right now but it is and you guys need to stop the 30 minute expectations or we will end up with a crap program like CU.
You ARE talking about the same guy who coached Wyoming to its first loss against an FCS team, couldn't score in the second half, and thinks his problems on defense could be solved by one pass "disruptor", right?
"WE are the music makers and WE are the dreamers of the dreams." -Willy Wonka (Gene Wilder) Willy Wonka and the Chocolate Factory
cowboyz
Cowpoke

I thought soap operas were 60 minutes long : ) I am not judging DC on the past 30 minutes or this past season. I've come to my conclusions for his full body of work since arriving (what he did at Missouri, etc. means nothing to me). He's taken so much of the fun out of being a Cowboys football fan. I feel we can't compete with top programs, it seems we'll only be winning vs losing teams, he's made it a secret society as far as info on the team or access to the players and coaches is concerned and as he's not an intellect he uses bullying as his main tactic for communicating. I first noticed it with the media, then the players and the nation got to witness it when he tried it with opposing coaches. The media has to eat his poop, kiss his ass and hope for access. The players walk away from the program. And the opposing coaches and the nation laugh at our university. I don't like his "my poop doesn't stink" persona that he had the day he arrived. Come on, accomplish something and cop that attitude. Don't show up with it. Oh right, one more thing. I don't think he knows what he's doing as far as being a head coach at this level is concerned. Even if he was a nice guy to everyone with a humble personality, we'd still have the problem that he's in over his head. I guess it's what we all want out of being a Pokes fan.
ELKMT
A Real Cowboy
Been liked: 6 times

The players walk away from the program.
Players walk away from everyone program. I can't find a stat that says our attrition is abnormal. I did find this Chicago Tribune article stating that "Every public university in Illinois has had at least one recent recruiting class with an attrition rate of 50 percent or higher, but the most extreme case can be found in Illinois State’s class of 2008."

http://articles.chicagotribune.com/2012 ... tion-rates

The only class that DC did a poor job on keeping was his first, and that was a late start on recruiting.
McPeachy
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 306 times
Been liked: 120 times

cowboyz wrote:I am not judging DC on the past 30 minutes or this past season. I've come to my conclusions for his full body of work since arriving (what he did at Missouri, etc. means nothing to me). He's taken so much of the fun out of being a Cowboys football fan. I feel we can't compete with top programs, it seems we'll only be winning vs losing teams, he's made it a secret society as far as info on the team or access to the players and coaches is concerned and as he's not an intellect he uses bullying as his main tactic for communicating. I first noticed it with the media, then the players and the nation got to witness it when he tried it with opposing coaches. The media has to eat his poop, kiss his ass and hope for access. The players walk away from the program. And the opposing coaches and the nation laugh at our university. I don't like his "my poop doesn't stink" persona that he had the day he arrived. Come on, accomplish something and cop that attitude. Don't show up with it. Oh right, one more thing. I don't think he knows what he's doing as far as being a head coach at this level is concerned. Even if he was a nice guy to everyone with a humble personality, we'd still have the problem that he's in over his head. I guess it's what we all want out of being a Pokes fan.
This is an accurate, and a very good post. Well said. :thumb:
Dear Karma,

I have a list of people you missed...
NowherePoke
A Real Cowboy
Been liked: 6 times

This is just a brutally awful post. I know many of these items have been covered, but let's review:

1. Record - No, they aren't the same. 23-23-1 vs. 22-28. That's significant.
2. 93 WAC Championship - No shared conference titles in DC's resume.
3. What Tiller inherited - You actually weakened your own point by including inaccurate information here. As Wyokie noted, it was 3 bowls, and 2 titles in 4 years. This actually makes Tiller look quite a bit worse, since he took over a program with a lot of recent success and was not able to continue it right away. This explains a lot of the relative apathy the fanbase had towards Tiller.
4. DC's epic failures - The program's first loss to a FCS school. Embarrassing the University on a national level (Howdy Doody). Extreme blow-out loss to Utah State. I could go on.

I want DC to win, but I don't think there is any use pretending that our program is in good condition right now. We are terrible in all facets of the game except for the Pass and we are very dependent on one individual for that success. That is not acceptable for a Head Coach in his 4th season. His players, his coaches, his systems...the result is failure. No way to sugarcoat it.
kansasCowboy
WyoNation Addict

seattlecowboy wrote:
Not sure what this "All of you guys" crap is. All I was saying is that Joe Tiller and Dave Christensen are not identical.

Also your statement about the defense is not correct. If the defense is better next year it will be because Tormey sticks around and it is his 2nd year in the program not because he leaves and they hire another one. Usually teams struggle their first year with a new coordinator whether it is on offense or defense and improve the 2nd year. If they hire a new DC then they will most likely have a bad year again next year.
On the otherhand I don't think it is all the defensive coordinators fault. I have said this before but if you look at every year with Dave Christensen as the head coach the defense has been terrible whether it is Marty English coaching the defense or Tormey. So even if they do keep Tormey I would say based on the amount of information available that the defense will be bad again because it is the head coach that is actually in charge and making the final calls and not the defensive coordinator.

As for the talent being better than when he got here I would say the offensive talent is better but the defensive talent is worse.

Key difference. Tiller coached with Roach during the glorious 80's seasons. Tiller changed the offense and then struggled. He took a team that won 9 games previously and finished 4-6-1 then 5-7. We had several starters coming back from that 9-4 squad under Roach yet we digressed.
DC comes in and takes over a Glenn program that finish 4-8 and statistically was one of the worst teams offensively and wasn't that great defensively. There were NO recruits after Glenn's last year. DC takes a team projected to go 1-11 based off of the talent coming back. He uses his own recruits and overachieves and gets us a bowl in his first year 7-6. But, we actually don't digress in his second year, analysts said it as well that We played about as well as the team should have been. 3-9 against one of the toughest schedules in the country. Again, we played a lot of freshman and a majority of Sophmores in key positions.
So in Tillers third year we go 8-4 and get blown out in a bowl game. DC goes 8-5 and we lose bad in a bowl game.
Key difference between 94 and this year: 94's schedule was relatively weak. and yet we only go 6-6. This years schedule in retrospect was in fact stronger than 94's based off the teams we played and their records. Yet we lost four games this year by a combined 13 points. Here's a run down of wyo's sched in 94 and why we went 6-6 and should have been better: Utep 3-7-1, Utah10-2, Tulsa 3-8, Sds 4-7, Org st 4-7, unm 5-7, Neb 13-0, Ulm 3-8, Haw 3-8-1, Fsu 5-7-1, Csu 10-2,Aafa 8-4. That's a combined record of 71-67-2. We lost bad in a shootout against OSU 31-44 (4-7) Barely beat Tulsa 17-7 (3-8) Played good against Nebraska 32-42 (13-0) barely beat Haw 13-10 (3-8-1) Blown out by Utah 7-41 (10-2) beat handedly by AFA 17-34 (8-4) and won in a shootout handedly against SDS 52-35 (4-7) and Beat handedly by Fsu 24-38.

This year: (current records, season not over) Texas 8-3, Toledo 9-3, Cal Poly 9-2, Idaho 1-11, Afa 6-6, Bsu 9-2, Csu 4-8, Unm4-9, Fsu 9-3, Nev7-4, Sds 9-3, Unlv 2-11. That's 77-65. And like I said not over yet. We play good against Texas 17-37 (8-3), Lose by 3 to Toledo 31-34 (9-3), Lose by 2 to C-Poly 22-24 (9-2), Lose to Afa by 1 27-28 (6-6 with our backup QB in I might add), Lost in tough OT game to Nev 28-35 (7-4) Beat handedly by Fsu 14-42 (9-3), Beat handedly by BSU 14-45 (9-2), beat in a hard fought first half by SDS 28-42 (9-3)

If you look closely, the teams we lost to are all going bowling. We played a good schedule. And we never really were "blown out. (Blown out being 41-7 type score or worse. In 94 we were losing to Losing teams.
94 we go 6-6 against a weaker schedule There really isn't a loss in 94 that I can say came down to just one possession or play like we had this year. We were a legit 6-6. No game could have been easily changed either way, exception: Hawaii 13-10.
This year we go 4-8. Like we stated earlier we we 13 points away from being 8-4. We played tougher teams closer and we beat losing teams, something 94 couldn't do. I think if you want to go by overall record you should delve into it a bit and see why you can make an argument or not. This 4-8 Wyo team was way better than the 6-6 Wyo team. So Tiller might be 23-23-1 and DC 22-28, But, DC has played by far better competition each year.
laxwyo
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 137 times
Been liked: 147 times

It would be a huge mistake to get rid of DC right now. I bet we lose b smith with the uncertainty. Not saying Brett loves him but gives all the reason. DC will be coaching Brett for his career. After that, who knows. I think talking about replacing him right now is f-word stupid.
W-Y, Until I Die!
whyoh
WyoNation Addict

COS Cowboy wrote:
Wyokie wrote:
One problem, buster, we only the WAC TWICE in 1987 and in 1988. The 1990 squad DID NOT won the conference title (shared or otherwise). Plus we played in THREE bowl games in 4 years (1987 Holiday, 1988 Holiday, and 1990 Copper).

NEXT!
Yeah Buster!
disclaimer: I could be wrong. I've done it before...I'll probably do it again.

a high fallootin'...rootin' tootin' sonofa gun from 'ol WYOMIN'
seattlecowboy
WyoNation Addict

kansasCowboy wrote:
seattlecowboy wrote:

Key difference. Tiller coached with Roach during the glorious 80's seasons. Tiller changed the offense and then struggled. He took a team that won 9 games previously and finished 4-6-1 then 5-7. We had several starters coming back from that 9-4 squad under Roach yet we digressed.
DC comes in and takes over a Glenn program that finish 4-8 and statistically was one of the worst teams offensively and wasn't that great defensively. There were NO recruits after Glenn's last year. DC takes a team projected to go 1-11 based off of the talent coming back. He uses his own recruits and overachieves and gets us a bowl in his first year 7-6. But, we actually don't digress in his second year, analysts said it as well that We played about as well as the team should have been. 3-9 against one of the toughest schedules in the country. Again, we played a lot of freshman and a majority of Sophmores in key positions.
So in Tillers third year we go 8-4 and get blown out in a bowl game. DC goes 8-5 and we lose bad in a bowl game.
Key difference between 94 and this year: 94's schedule was relatively weak. and yet we only go 6-6. This years schedule in retrospect was in fact stronger than 94's based off the teams we played and their records. Yet we lost four games this year by a combined 13 points. Here's a run down of wyo's sched in 94 and why we went 6-6 and should have been better: Utep 3-7-1, Utah10-2, Tulsa 3-8, Sds 4-7, Org st 4-7, unm 5-7, Neb 13-0, Ulm 3-8, Haw 3-8-1, Fsu 5-7-1, Csu 10-2,Aafa 8-4. That's a combined record of 71-67-2. We lost bad in a shootout against OSU 31-44 (4-7) Barely beat Tulsa 17-7 (3-8) Played good against Nebraska 32-42 (13-0) barely beat Haw 13-10 (3-8-1) Blown out by Utah 7-41 (10-2) beat handedly by AFA 17-34 (8-4) and won in a shootout handedly against SDS 52-35 (4-7) and Beat handedly by Fsu 24-38.

This year: (current records, season not over) Texas 8-3, Toledo 9-3, Cal Poly 9-2, Idaho 1-11, Afa 6-6, Bsu 9-2, Csu 4-8, Unm4-9, Fsu 9-3, Nev7-4, Sds 9-3, Unlv 2-11. That's 77-65. And like I said not over yet. We play good against Texas 17-37 (8-3), Lose by 3 to Toledo 31-34 (9-3), Lose by 2 to C-Poly 22-24 (9-2), Lose to Afa by 1 27-28 (6-6 with our backup QB in I might add), Lost in tough OT game to Nev 28-35 (7-4) Beat handedly by Fsu 14-42 (9-3), Beat handedly by BSU 14-45 (9-2), beat in a hard fought first half by SDS 28-42 (9-3)

If you look closely, the teams we lost to are all going bowling. We played a good schedule. And we never really were "blown out. (Blown out being 41-7 type score or worse. In 94 we were losing to Losing teams.
94 we go 6-6 against a weaker schedule There really isn't a loss in 94 that I can say came down to just one possession or play like we had this year. We were a legit 6-6. No game could have been easily changed either way, exception: Hawaii 13-10.
This year we go 4-8. Like we stated earlier we we 13 points away from being 8-4. We played tougher teams closer and we beat losing teams, something 94 couldn't do. I think if you want to go by overall record you should delve into it a bit and see why you can make an argument or not. This 4-8 Wyo team was way better than the 6-6 Wyo team. So Tiller might be 23-23-1 and DC 22-28, But, DC has played by far better competition each year.
I understand the point you're trying to make but you're wrong. Trying to say this years team had a tougher schedule than 1994 did is laughable. At best they are pretty comparable but I would say the top half of 94's is better.

First off the 2012 team played an FCS school in Cal Poly which the 94 never did. Next the 94 team played 3 teams that finshed ranked and 2 of them finshed ranked in the top 10 in the country and also played the eventual national champion on the road.

Let's look at it

94' 2012'
1.Nebraska (13-0)#1 1.Boise St. (9-2) #15
2.UTAH (10-2) #10 2.Texas (8-3)
3.CSU (10-2) #16 3.Toledo (9-3)
4.AFA (8-4) 4.FSU (9-3)
5.FSU (5-7-1) 5.SDSU (9-3)
6.New Mexico (5-7) 6.Nevada (7-4)
7.SDSU (4-7) 7.AFA (6-6)
8.Oregon St. (4-7) 8.New Mexico (4-9)
9.UTEP (3-7-1) 9.CSU (4-8)
10.ULM (3-8) 10.UNLV (2-10)
11.Tulsa (3-8) 11.Idaho (1-11)
12.Hawaii (3-8-1) 12.Cal Poly (9-2) But this is an FCS

So by comparison the only thing I can give you is that you could say the middle of the schedule was tougher with teams #5 to #7 for the 2012 team. Both teams bottom #8 to #12 sucked but I would say 94' was a little tougher and the #1 through # 3 is not even comparable.

This 2012 team wouldn't be able to go into the eventual national champions house this year which would be either (Notre Dame, Alabama or Georgia) and only get beat by 10 and actually have a chance to win like the 94' team did. This years team would get housed by 30 to 40 points.

Wyoming did get beat in 94' by Utah 41-7 but thats basically the same as this years team losing to Boise St. 45-14. Utah was ranked higher. Wyoming also lost to CSU 35-24 who was ranked #16 to finish the year in 94'.

Trying to say this years teams schedule was tougher is false. I will give you that DC's 2010 schedule was tougher than anything Tiller had to play since it is rated as the toughest schedule Wyoming ever had but of course we went 3-9 that year.

If you were to take Cal Poly the FCS school out and put another D1A team it would change the records also. I would say that the 2012 team lost to weaker competition at the top by more points but played the middle of the schedule tougher than the 94 team did. Of course that is subjective also.

We can twists numbers all day long but my point is that Tiller was more consistent than DC has been and after his two losing seasons he didn't have anymore but with DC it is up and down up and down. We will see what his 5th year brings. I'm not saying DC won't have a good year, I hope he does but he does need to get more consistent and that is one thing Tiller did atleast was get it consistent.

seattlecowboy
WyoNation Addict

seattlecowboy wrote:
kansasCowboy wrote:
seattlecowboy wrote:

I understand the point you're trying to make but you're wrong. Trying to say this years team had a tougher schedule than 1994 did is laughable. At best they are pretty comparable but I would say the top half of 94's is better.

First off the 2012 team played an FCS school in Cal Poly which the 94 never did. Next the 94 team played 3 teams that finshed ranked and 2 of them finshed ranked in the top 10 in the country and also played the eventual national champion on the road.

Let's look at it

94' 2012'
1.Nebraska (13-0)#1 1.Boise St. (9-2) #15
2.UTAH (10-2) #10 2.Texas (8-3)
3.CSU (10-2) #16 3.Toledo (9-3)
4.AFA (8-4) 4.FSU (9-3)
5.FSU (5-7-1) 5.SDSU (9-3)
6.New Mexico (5-7) 6.Nevada (7-4)
7.SDSU (4-7) 7.AFA (6-6)
8.Oregon St. (4-7) 8.New Mexico (4-9)
9.UTEP (3-7-1) 9.CSU (4-8)
10.ULM (3-8) 10.UNLV (2-10)
11.Tulsa (3-8) 11.Idaho (1-11)
12.Hawaii (3-8-1) 12.Cal Poly (9-2) But this is an FCS

So by comparison the only thing I can give you is that you could say the middle of the schedule was tougher with teams #5 to #7 for the 2012 team. Both teams bottom #8 to #12 sucked but I would say 94' was a little tougher and the #1 through # 3 is not even comparable.

This 2012 team wouldn't be able to go into the eventual national champions house this year which would be either (Notre Dame, Alabama or Georgia) and only get beat by 10 and actually have a chance to win like the 94' team did. This years team would get housed by 30 to 40 points.

Wyoming did get beat in 94' by Utah 41-7 but thats basically the same as this years team losing to Boise St. 45-14. Utah was ranked higher. Wyoming also lost to CSU 35-24 who was ranked #16 to finish the year in 94'.

Trying to say this years teams schedule was tougher is false. I will give you that DC's 2010 schedule was tougher than anything Tiller had to play since it is rated as the toughest schedule Wyoming ever had but of course we went 3-9 that year.

If you were to take Cal Poly the FCS school out and put another D1A team it would change the records also. I would say that the 2012 team lost to weaker competition at the top by more points but played the middle of the schedule tougher than the 94 team did. Of course that is subjective also.

We can twists numbers all day long but my point is that Tiller was more consistent than DC has been and after his two losing seasons he didn't have anymore but with DC it is up and down up and down. We will see what his 5th year brings. I'm not saying DC won't have a good year, I hope he does but he does need to get more consistent and that is one thing Tiller did atleast was get it consistent.

Sorry those records of each team didn't separate out and stuck together. Damn computer!

stymeman
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 4 times
Been liked: 44 times

seattlecowboy wrote:They're not identical.

At least Tiller's teams looked and acted like a football team and we made the Top 25 on occassion, they tackled somewhat better and aired the ball out more often. I personally know Tiller and have talked with him many times when I go home to Buffalo and he advised he loved everything about UW but had to go make some real money. When Glenn was canned I asked him if he'd be interested he said if they had a jet to fly him back to Buffalo every evening and making close to what he did at Purdue...lol....If DC does leave for his "greener pastures" as most UW coaches do hopefully he'll leave us with a team that we can be proud of not rebuliding like we do year in and year out