Wyoming vs Illinois State : Game Thread

Everything Cowboy and Cowgirl Basketball, plus other Cowboy athletics
Wyo2dal
Bronco-Buster
Been liked: 1 time

For whatever reason I never got the PM's from people that requested the stream and I do apologize for that. This Stream is working just fine I'm having some issues with my internet broadcast so I'm fixing it right now.

Wyo down 14-10 11 mins to go in the first half.

FYI I thought the game was @ 8:00pm MST which is why I wasn't around :(
seattlecowboy
WyoNation Addict
Has liked: 2 times
Been liked: 16 times

Wyoming is playing decent but taking some stupid shots like Luke pulling up for 3 points on a break with no one down low to rebound. Wyoming needs to play a little smarter.

Follow me on Twitter for all of your Free/Paid sports wagers all year around. Football, Basketball, Baseball, Hockey, Soccer, Tennis, etc….

488-348 +721 Units won in 6.5 months follow @bet_chase on twitter….
Wyo2dal
Bronco-Buster

seattlecowboy wrote:Wyoming is playing decent but taking some stupid shots like Luke pulling up for 3 points on a break with no one down low to rebound. Wyoming needs to play a little smarter.
This is where we need tempo and control and we don't have it right now we have run and gun w/o run and gun practice.

Well Adams has some good moves but while it helps us it's also going to hurt us, He needs to understand slow basketball defense and tempo. I won't take anything away from what he is doing he plays great ball but his flash in the pants play is going to hurt us under long games.
Cuttslam
WyoNation Addict

Wyo2dal wrote:
seattlecowboy wrote:Wyoming is playing decent but taking some stupid shots like Luke pulling up for 3 points on a break with no one down low to rebound. Wyoming needs to play a little smarter.
This is where we need tempo and control and we don't have it right now we have run and gun w/o run and gun practice.

Well Adams has some good moves but while it helps us it's also going to hurt us, He needs to understand slow basketball defense and tempo. I won't take anything away from what he is doing he plays great ball but his flash in the pants play is going to hurt us under long games.
He is young and still learning, but you have to impressed by him, he is a real talent and only going to get better. I love this kid.
I BLEED BROWN AND GOLD.
Wyo2dal
Bronco-Buster

I'm very impressed absolutely but for this game we really need tempo you can't deny that. Right now is why we need defensive control the game is getting away from us because we aren't controlling the tempo of the game.

Wyo 24
ISU 35
seattlecowboy
WyoNation Addict
Has liked: 2 times

I had a feeling this might happen tonight. Hope we can come back but we probably won't.

Follow me on Twitter for all of your Free/Paid sports wagers all year around. Football, Basketball, Baseball, Hockey, Soccer, Tennis, etc….

488-348 +721 Units won in 6.5 months follow @bet_chase on twitter….
Adv8RU12
WyoNation Addict
Been liked: 5 times

Looks like nobody is guarding the 3's. Poke in DEEP trouble.
Wyo2dal
Bronco-Buster

We're in trouble right now have to slow the game down and take control of it these fast sloppy shots are killing us :(
fromolwyoming
WyoNation Lifer
Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 2 times

Man up and slow the pace down Pokes!
Adv8RU12
WyoNation Addict
Been liked: 5 times

Sorry fans. This game is over. Oh well, 8-1. Had to happen sometime.
gopokes1399
Blog Team

you can't beat a team when they're 8/13 from three and hit 7 in a row, 2 in one possession and then we turn it over... not to mention missing bunnies
Cowduck
Cowpoke

Oof, we are getting boatraced now. Hard to come back from this kind of deficit with our style of play.
fromolwyoming
WyoNation Lifer
Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 2 times

Bye-bye hopes of top 25. :cry:
TheRealUW
Cowpoke
Been liked: 48 times

Adv8RU12 wrote:Looks like nobody is guarding the 3's. Poke in DEEP trouble.
The Cowboys aren't playing bad defense. The Redbirds are just on fire tonight. Tyler Brown is a legit player. As I mentioned earlier, he is good enough to take over a game offensively regardless of how much defensive pressure we put on him. He will be in the League next year.
Wyovanian
WyoNation Addict
Has liked: 13 times

Adv8RU12 wrote:Sorry fans. This game is over. Oh well, 8-1. Had to happen sometime.
Let me guess- you're of French descent.
"WE are the music makers and WE are the dreamers of the dreams." -Willy Wonka (Gene Wilder) Willy Wonka and the Chocolate Factory
gopokes1399
Blog Team

Adam's dribbles a little too much, he will learn but its hurting us right now
Kwyo
Buckaroo

http://atdhenet.tv/56471/watch-wyoming- ... nois-state" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

wait till a screen starts
gopokes1399
Blog Team

Our defense might be able to keep us in this game, we just need to buckle down
Wyo2dal
Bronco-Buster

Were not going to get any favors from the Refs here either I'm not saying they are screwing up just were not going to see much going in our favor. If we want to win we will have to beat them and we are playing awful defense we are playing fast loose and sloppy basketball.
gopokes1399
Blog Team

Gillmore is being an idiot with the ball, Shy is good at halftime adjustments, besides that remarkable three point streak, we are playing fine... I am confident we can make this a game