Gregg Brandon is going to New Mexico State?!

Everything Wyoming Cowboy and Mountain West football!
HellBass
Buckaroo

WTF?

See Gags tweet...
Powder River, Let 'er Buck!
WYO1016
WyoNation Addict
Has liked: 36 times
Been liked: 105 times

Wow. I'm pretty sure no one saw this coming. I understand that Brandon wanted to work with colleagues from the MAC, but this is a big blow to our offense. Looks like we'll be getting a new OC and a new RB coach.
fromolwyoming
WyoNation Lifer
Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 2 times

Ah crap.
djm19
WyoNation Addict
Been liked: 3 times

why would anyone make this move. this is partially embarrassing for us in a way. Whenever we lose coaches to the doormat like New Mexico State, makes you wonder what the hell is happening to our program. Why do people want out. Why are they looking to move all the time. I wonder if there's just conflicts amongst our coaching staff.

I am actually pretty bummed and pretty confused on Brandon leaving.
BeaverPoke
Bronco-Buster

Is he taking the Head Coaching job? Or OC job?
If you ever need to laugh, just remember there was some idiot who wanted Bohl fired after 2 seasons.
HellBass
Buckaroo

I think this really means DC wants to call plays himself. I was always kind of surprised he didn't from the start. I always thought he did a good job of calling plays here at Mizzou, and many around these parts will tell you the play calling has dropped off dramatically since he left.
Powder River, Let 'er Buck!
TSpoke
A Real Cowboy

That sucks but I guess we promote Gesser to OC and get a RB coach. Or do we find someone else to be OC.
djm19
WyoNation Addict

I think this comment sums it up. It seems like to me that Brandon had a craw with moving to running back coach. Maybe felt a little threatened by gesser?

"@Ben_Fred: "Coach Christensen made that decision. That's a good question for him." Brandon said Wed when asked a/b switch from UW QB coach to RB #gowyo"
J-Rod
Bronco-Buster

WTF ever......Brandon is nothing special.....just look where the offense went when Smith was hurt....one of the worst I've ever seen. They'll be fine......everything comes down to Brett Smith. Period. Always thought people overrated the crap out of Gregg Brandon.
OrediggerPoke
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 63 times
Been liked: 231 times

J-Rod wrote:WTF ever......Brandon is nothing special.....just look where the offense went when Smith was hurt....one of the worst I've ever seen. They'll be fine......everything comes down to Brett Smith. Period. Always thought people overrated the crap out of Gregg Brandon.
BS. Look at how quickly the offense changed from Arroyo to Brandon.

This sucks. Period.
OrediggerPoke
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 63 times
Been liked: 231 times

BeaverPoke wrote:Is he taking the Head Coaching job? Or OC job?
OC job at a doormat without a respectable conference.
WyoBrandX
A Real Cowboy

Looks like Christensen demoted him and he left. Interesting move, I don't know if it is good or bad, but I thought he did a great job at OC.

Maybe Christensen is taking over as OC......probably a good move for us if that is the case. Take the money you give to the OC and get the defensive coaching built up, let Christensen do what he does best, offense, and give some of the admin duties to the director of football.
BeaverPoke
Bronco-Buster

I would love if DC was calling the plays.
If you ever need to laugh, just remember there was some idiot who wanted Bohl fired after 2 seasons.
TSpoke
A Real Cowboy

BeaverPoke wrote:I would love if DC was calling the plays.
Me too. Lets see if he still has it. How would that work. Would he have an OC but call plays himself or not have an OC and take all those responsibilities himself. I know it hasn't been said he will call his own plays but just wondering how that works.

Another thought is that perhaps Brandon decided to move on a while ago to NMSU due to ? and that is why we hired Gesser but they wanted to wait until after signing day and everything was finalized before announcing it. Like with coach English and I seem to remember something like that when Arroyo left, not sure though.
NowherePoke
A Real Cowboy
Been liked: 6 times

djm19 wrote:I think this comment sums it up. It seems like to me that Brandon had a craw with moving to running back coach. Maybe felt a little threatened by gesser?

"@Ben_Fred: "Coach Christensen made that decision. That's a good question for him." Brandon said Wed when asked a/b switch from UW QB coach to RB #gowyo"
It seems pretty clear from that comment.
djm19
WyoNation Addict

I'm torn on this. Although I see the turn the offense made from Arroyo to Brandon, IMO, that is like dating a 400 lbs girl, compared to a 400 lbs ugly girl. Neither one would be one you write home about. Plus, let's also give some credit to better WRs and a more experienced QB behind center.

However, this poses some major questions. With Gesser here left the writing on the wall for Brandon? Is DC such an @sshole, he can't even keep his buddies on staff w/o micro-managing? Why would someone leave a MWC conf, with a stud QB, with tons of Offensive starters back and head to New Mexico State where the town is a butthole and they arent even in a conference. ?????? I don't know the answers, nor am I saying that these are my thoughts. This situation just begs for questions to be asked.
djm19
WyoNation Addict

and, is it just me or is UW sports just straight up cursed? I swear i have seen soap operas with less drama than our sports programs. My gosh. Always something happening, poeple moving, arrested, hodwy doodying, etc.
zappinpoke
Cowpoke

djm19 wrote:I'm torn on this. Although I see the turn the offense made from Arroyo to Brandon, IMO, that is like dating a 400 lbs girl, compared to a 400 lbs ugly girl. Neither one would be one you write home about. Plus, let's also give some credit to better WRs and a more experienced QB behind center.

However, this poses some major questions. With Gesser here left the writing on the wall for Brandon? Is DC such an @sshole, he can't even keep his buddies on staff w/o micro-managing? Why would someone leave a MWC conf, with a stud QB, with tons of Offensive starters back and head to New Mexico State where the town is a butthole and they arent even in a conference. ?????? I don't know the answers, nor am I saying that these are my thoughts. This situation just begs for questions to be asked.
Why would Scott Duncan leave one of the most storied basketball programs in the country and take the same asst. position at Wyoming for less pay? Maybe they both wanted to coach with a good buddy
zappinpoke
Cowpoke

djm19 wrote:and, is it just me or is UW sports just straight up cursed? I swear i have seen soap operas with less drama than our sports programs. My gosh. Always something happening, poeple moving, arrested, hodwy doodying, etc.
You got that poop right lol
BeaverPoke
Bronco-Buster

TSpoke wrote:
BeaverPoke wrote:I would love if DC was calling the plays.
Me too. Lets see if he still has it. How would that work. Would he have an OC but call plays himself or not have an OC and take all those responsibilities himself. I know it hasn't been said he will call his own plays but just wondering how that works.

Another thought is that perhaps Brandon decided to move on a while ago to NMSU due to ? and that is why we hired Gesser but they wanted to wait until after signing day and everything was finalized before announcing it. Like with coach English and I seem to remember something like that when Arroyo left, not sure though.
I think it would be sweet if he served as the OC and HC and used more money for the D.

Maybe DC feels this year is make or brake and wants to do everything in his power to keep his job and feels that putting up Mizzou type of O numbers is the way to win games.
Brett Smith is a junior now, and Wick/May are sophomores and we have a LOT of receivers coming back. The offense under DC and DC alone could break out BIG TIME this year...
If DC says he is gonna be the OC I am gonna get super stoked about the season.

What are people gonna think when Brett Smith and company put up 40+ in Nebraska? lol