Where does War Memorial rank amongst stadiums?

Everything Wyoming Cowboy and Mountain West football!
Wyokie
WyoNation Moderator
Has liked: 36 times
Been liked: 45 times

The stadiums I've been to....

War Memorial Stadium (WYOMING)
Bonne Pickens Stadium (Stillwater)
Cotton Bowl Stadium (1997 UW vs. SMU) that stadium is a damned dump!!!! Not very good for the disabled
Skelly Stadium (Tulsa) Now known as Chapman Stadium
Jones Stadium (Texas Tech -= Lubbock, TX)
I want CHAMPIONSHIPS not chicken poop! And we're getting chicken poop!!!!!!!!!!!
BeaverPoke
Bronco-Buster

My rankings, in terms of "niceness and fun":

Reser Stadium (OS Beavers)
Folsom Field (CU Buffs)
Rice Eccles (Utah Utes)
War Memorial (WYO)
Romney Stadium (USU Aggies)
Bronco Stadium (Boise St.)

I do love War Memorial and I don't think it is awful by any means, just that the 3 above it are nicer.

Basketball:
The Spectrum (USU Aggies)
AA (WYO)
Then there is a pretty steady drop off...
Gill Collesium (OS Beavers)
Huntsman Center (Utah Utes)
Casper Events Center
Evanston High School Gym
Rock Springs High School Gym
Moby Gym (CSU Sheep)
If you ever need to laugh, just remember there was some idiot who wanted Bohl fired after 2 seasons.
kansasCowboy
WyoNation Addict

BeaverPoke wrote:My rankings, in terms of "niceness and fun":

Folsom Field (CU Buffs)
Rice Eccles (Utah Utes)
War Memorial (WYO)

I do love War Memorial and I don't think it is awful by any means, just that the 3 above it are nicer.

Basketball:
AA (WYO)
Casper Events Center
Evanston High School Gym
Moby Gym (CSU Sheep)
Utah's Rice Eccles was built specifically for the Olympics. Before that it was WAY worse than The WAR.

And Damned right Rock Springs High School gym! But if you ever want to see an insanely nice High school gym in Wyo, it would be Star Valley. Roulon Gardner gave a bunch of his Olympic winnings to the school and they built up a very nice gym. I played on it once. If not for being small, it looked and felt like a college gym.
stymeman
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 4 times
Been liked: 44 times

Basketball for me I've been too

AA of course
what's known as the dump...Moby
Coors Events Center...Boulder
Marriott Center...BYU another dump, reminded me of a big toilet bowl, went for a UW-BYU game and then for a Wake Forest-BYU game when James Johnson played for Wake.
Jon Huntsman Center...Utah
The Spectrum...Utah St....reminded me of a living room, but loads of fun
Casper Events Center...shootout
Metra Park...Billings
McNichols Sports Arena...UW used to have a Mile High Classic...I like Pepsi but Big Mac was fun

I've been to a Mecca of College Basketball Phog Allen Fieldhouse, for a Kansas-Texas Tech game, it was an experience, Rock Chalk Jayhawk stays with you, goosebumps just thinking about it. Not the most modern facility, but OK.

what can I say I like my sports...lol
Also saw the Pokes get beat by Arizona at McHale Center in Tucson, had to sit in the rafters on scaffolding, could almost touch the ceiling...

Went to a game at Wake Forest when James Johnson went to school out there, Lawence Joel Veterans Coliseum, the ACC bball is truly fun to watch in person

oh yeah for Wyoming High School my fave was Sheridan High School, and now the new Buffalo High School gym my alma mater
BeaverPoke
Bronco-Buster

I wasn't really getting into high school stuff...my point was that they are all above Moby in FoCo lol.
If you ever need to laugh, just remember there was some idiot who wanted Bohl fired after 2 seasons.
djm19
WyoNation Addict
Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 3 times

kansasCowboy wrote:

Folsom Field (CU Buffs)
Rice Eccles (Utah Utes)
War Memorial (WYO)

Basketball:
AA (WYO)
Casper Events Center
Evanston High School Gym
Moby Gym (CSU Sheep)
Utah's Rice Eccles was built specifically for the Olympics. Before that it was WAY worse than The WAR.

And Damned right Rock Springs High School gym! But if you ever want to see an insanely nice High school gym in Wyo, it would be Star Valley. Roulon Gardner gave a bunch of his Olympic winnings to the school and they built up a very nice gym. I played on it once. If not for being small, it looked and felt like a college gym.
I am not sure where you heard this about SVHS, but this is 100% false. I am not trying to be arguementative, just want to correct this. SVHS was built in the late 90s for 23 million dollars. 18 million was state funded, 5 million from tax bond. Two years later, Cokeville got a school for around 10 million. 100% state funded. Rulon won his medal (which he didnt win money at all...he is bankrupt now) in the early fall of 2000. SVHS was completely done long before Rulon won. He didnt win much money....so, this is not accurate. Just fyi.
kansasCowboy
WyoNation Addict

djm19 wrote:
kansasCowboy wrote:

Folsom Field (CU Buffs)
Rice Eccles (Utah Utes)
War Memorial (WYO)

Basketball:
AA (WYO)
Casper Events Center
Evanston High School Gym
Moby Gym (CSU Sheep)

I am not sure where you heard this about SVHS, but this is 100% false. I am not trying to be arguementative, just want to correct this. SVHS was built in the late 90s for 23 million dollars. 18 million was state funded, 5 million from tax bond. Two years later, Cokeville got a school for around 10 million. 100% state funded. Rulon won his medal (which he didnt win money at all...he is bankrupt now) in the early fall of 2000. SVHS was completely done long before Rulon won. He didnt win much money....so, this is not accurate. Just fyi.
Alright, that's fine. But it's $25K for gold in 00 and $10K for his bronze in 04. Not to mention the winnings he receives during the trials, appearances and from ads (mostly ads), from the late 90's to 04 he was making pretty good money. Whether he's bankrupt 15 years later doesn't really matter. And if he did not give to the school, they sure did honor him with several photo's and a plaque dedicating the gym to him in 01.
Nonetheless, Star Valley has a kick ace gym!