USA Today Coaches Poll out

Everything Wyoming Cowboy and Mountain West football!
MrTitleist
WyoNation Overlord
Has liked: 8 times
Been liked: 33 times

Boise in at 19.
http://www.usatoday.com/sports/ncaaf/po ... 15615474=1" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
ImageImageImageImage
OrediggerPoke
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 63 times
Been liked: 231 times

Fair poll for the most part I think. As far as MWC teams go, I think Boise and Utah State are too high and Fresno is too low.
J-Rod
Bronco-Buster

OrediggerPoke wrote:Fair poll for the most part I think. As far as MWC teams go, I think Boise and Utah State are too high and Fresno is too low.
A team that got curb-stomped by 33 points against an average C-USA school in a bowl game is ranked too low? Seriously, go watch the 2012 Hawaii Bowl....its on Youtube....and then try to claim Fresno should be anywhere near the Top 25. And that loss was with their 1st-team All-American safety and all-time leading rusher not graduated yet! Their O-Line may be worse than Wyoming's.

Fresno could be the biggest fraud in college football this year.

fromolwyoming
WyoNation Lifer
Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 2 times

Yeah, Fresno has an o-line almost on level with ours. A really good pocket passing QB, and a really good RB last year, but a really bad o-line.

And I "stomached" the Hawaii Bowl last year.

1. Coach ran no practises before the bowl.
2. Carr talked about being a "Heisman candidate" this year (wow, uh, how about try not losing to a 6-6 C-USA school before talking about that, huh?)
3. Their "awesome defense" got clubbed like a baby seal.
OrediggerPoke
Bronco-Buster

I don't need to re-watch the Hawaii bowl. 1 game does not a season make. It was clear that Fresno blew off the actual game. I actually found myself rooting for SMU in the game. There have been many top 25 teams curb stomped by "lesser" teams in bowl games. The uniqueness of bowl season is the time to prepare for 1 game.

Fresno has the best overall skill position talent in the league IMO. Boise may have the overall most talent in the league including lines, but the QB position is so important to the team and Southwick is in the bottom half of MWC QBs IMO.
J-Rod
Bronco-Buster

Derek Carr has yet to score a TD against Boise in non-garbage time in two tries. He's a stat giant.....awesome against terrible defenses, gets dominated by good ones. And I do mean dominated. Southwick isn't great, I'll give you that. But Derek Carr is very overrated. An overreaction to great performances against dreadful defenses (Air Force, Hawaii, Wyoming). He has zero quality wins in his career.

Fresno loses a RB that was their greatest of all-time, led the team in rushing and 2nd in receiving. His loss, accompanied with a still awful O-Line....spells for a potential letdown for Fresno. Defense will regress too with Thomas graduated and Alston done for the year with an injury.

We can agree to disagree. :) I've done my homework on this team....and I think its an iffy assumption to assume they'll improve from last year. The optimism stems from Carr.....who is the media darling. But he has a history of crumbling under pressure (both figuratively and literally). That will continue this fall. He is no Brett Smith in that pocket.
WYO1016
WyoNation Addict
Has liked: 36 times
Been liked: 105 times

I seem to remember David Carr being a golden boy too. We all know how that panned out...
OrediggerPoke
Bronco-Buster

WYO1016 wrote:I seem to remember David Carr being a golden boy too. We all know how that panned out...
I'd say it panned out pretty well for him. He made a TON of money playing professional football for 9 NFL seasons.
MrTitleist
WyoNation Overlord
Has liked: 8 times
Been liked: 33 times

"Playing."
ImageImageImageImage
WYO1016
WyoNation Addict
Has liked: 36 times
Been liked: 105 times

MrTitleist wrote:"Playing."
Exactly. Carr wasn't worth a damn in the NFL.
BackHarlowRoad
A Real Cowboy
Been liked: 4 times

I wish I could make that much money for having a career that "didn't pan out".
BeaverPoke
Bronco-Buster

OS being #25 pisses me off. They should be higher.
If you ever need to laugh, just remember there was some idiot who wanted Bohl fired after 2 seasons.