Who's the Mountain West Player of the Year? [WyoNation]

Everything Wyoming Cowboy and Mountain West football!
MrTitleist
WyoNation Overlord
Has liked: 8 times
Been liked: 33 times

http://www.wyonation.com/2013/08/whos-t ... -the-year/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Here's my take on the candidates for Mountain West player of the year and how I think they'll stack up with their peers. Thoughts?
ImageImageImageImage
J-Rod
Bronco-Buster

Its Derek Carr's barring a complete collapse. He'll get his ass destroyed by the great defenses he plays, and be average against the good ones, as usual. But he will throw for 400 yards against everyone else.....making his stats appear as if he's Aaron Rodgers.

Its rare that the preseason selection not turn out to be the post-season selection too.
BeaverPoke
Bronco-Buster

Brett Smith.
If you ever need to laugh, just remember there was some idiot who wanted Bohl fired after 2 seasons.
mrtnt3x
A Real Cowboy

Great write-up Titleist! :thumb:
Powder River ... Let 'R Buck!
WYO1016
WyoNation Addict
Has liked: 36 times
Been liked: 105 times

I think Carr is going to be in for a rough year. Watching game tape on him, as soon as he gets pressured he falls apart. I'm sure that every other team in the league has the same game plan.
McPeachy
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 306 times
Been liked: 120 times

J-Rod wrote:Its Derek Carr's barring a complete collapse.
Agreed. And Fresno knows what they need to fix. Just like UW, etal, does.
Dear Karma,

I have a list of people you missed...
fromolwyoming
WyoNation Lifer
Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 2 times

WYO1016 wrote:I think Carr is going to be in for a rough year. Watching game tape on him, as soon as he gets pressured he falls apart. I'm sure that every other team in the league has the same game plan.
Agreed. Kind of reminds me of Ryan Lindley of SDSU. Big arm, pocket passer (accuracy and decision making questionable at times), and folds under the slightest of pressure.

And all pre-season last year, we heard how Carr is a dual threat QB. He's not. Smith, Fajardo, and Keeton are dual threat QBs, good ones at that. They don't fold under pressure (Carr and Lindley would sometimes literally start dropping to the ground before they were touched), instead, they scramble around looking downfield, and if no one is open, they run with it.