Proud of my Pokes

Everything Wyoming Cowboy and Mountain West football!
djm19
WyoNation Addict
Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 3 times

Guys, cherish this year. Smith puts up 500 yards per game and he won't be a poke next year.

So damned proud of them. There will be so many couldves and should've (kneeling before half or trick play, etc) but that's the game. We have nothing to be ashamed of.

I guarandamtee you that 91k fans just witnessed one of the best qbs they'll see all year.

PS - I was impressed by our run game and the way our D competed.
Fullback41
A Real Cowboy

Agreed, D was improved, O line was.improved, wicks ran fricken well, run game was good. Bodes well for the rest of the season. Proud of the boys, way to battle, no lack of effort.
In heaven there is no beer, thats why we drink it here, and when we're gone from here, our friends will be drinking all the beer!
ItSucksToBeACSURam
WyoNation Addict

Proud doesn't even come close to describing it. This could be a special year. After tonight, is Boise the only game that winning isnt expected? The turnaround from last year to tonight was incredible. I gotta give DC some credit. The pokes looked good, really good
phxpoke
A Real Cowboy
Has liked: 32 times
Been liked: 16 times

ItSucksToBeACSURam wrote:Proud doesn't even come close to describing it. This could be a special year. After tonight, is Boise the only game that winning isnt expected? The turnaround from last year to tonight was incredible. I gotta give DC some credit. The pokes looked good, really good
I agree. This year will be special...
djm19
WyoNation Addict
Been liked: 3 times

ItSucksToBeACSURam wrote:Proud doesn't even come close to describing it. This could be a special year. After tonight, is Boise the only game that winning isnt expected? The turnaround from last year to tonight was incredible. I gotta give DC some credit. The pokes looked good, really good
As long as we stay healthy and stay focused.

Frick I'm optimistic right now.
Asmodeanreborn
Bronco-Buster
Been liked: 23 times

I'm proud of what they did, but I will temper my expectations because injuries happen every year, and we have some key players who HAVE to stay healthy. We've also played DOWN to competition before. Every week is a new game, and we better push the pedal to the medal from here on out.

That said, if this Wyoming team shows up every week, we have at least a pretty good chance to get to the Championship game.
seattlecowboy
WyoNation Addict
Has liked: 2 times
Been liked: 16 times

I'm really proud of them. Wyoming should light up everyone we play the rest of the year except for maybe Boise. I don't think anyone else's d will be able to contain us much. Maybe Utah St. will be tough but we should score on everyone.

All we could of asked for was to have a shot to win and we had that. Wished we would have won but I'm not upset to be honest. We played in a very tough place to play where they hadn't lost a home opener in 27 years and it was a night game. We have a good shot to win the conference to be honest. Nobody will have the overall athletes Nebraska does except for Boise St. so we have a shot. Brett is the man. The next two games we play should be blow outs.

Follow me on Twitter for all of your Free/Paid sports wagers all year around. Football, Basketball, Baseball, Hockey, Soccer, Tennis, etc….

488-348 +721 Units won in 6.5 months follow @bet_chase on twitter….
WestSalemFootballFan
Buckaroo

Such an amazing performance by those kids. Hands down my favorite game in the two plus years I've watched them. Hang this loss on the worst end of the half playcalling EVER. It's heartbreaking to witness the ballsiest bunch of kids get screwed by a guy paid millions to lead them.
PokeTransplant
Cowpoke
Has liked: 22 times
Been liked: 14 times

When was the last time we had a 100+ yd rusher not named B. Smith in a game? And Brett put up 92 yds (net) as well ;)
PokeTransplant
Cowpoke

If this game is in Laramie...we win....no question....
ItSucksToBeACSURam
WyoNation Addict

PokeTransplant wrote:If this game is in Laramie...we win....no question....
If we have one more minute we win....no question. The bugeaters were reeling....
NowherePoke
A Real Cowboy
Been liked: 6 times

Never a good idea to over react to one week. I think this game really just confirmed a lot of what we knew and saw last year(Brett Smith-Great, Defense-Awful, DC-mind boggingly conservative at times).

However, the effort and play for 60 minutes from the players was great (not their fault DC gave up before halftime).
cowboyz
Cowpoke
Been liked: 1 time

I'm most happy with the defense. The offense gained a poop of yards, but we were all expecting that. Maybe not 600+, but we knew they'd move the ball. Even though we gave up a ton of points, it wasn't like the D was making huge mistakes. There were only a few big gains. It was mostly a talented offense picking away at us. We made some big plays, just not enough. My hat's off to the D.

I don't understand the Norman pass at all. Save the tricky poop when you need it. Here we are moving the ball without trouble, we get close and someone decides that we should take the ball out of Smith's hands to make the play. WTF ! We score a TD on that drive, we probably win.
PokeTransplant
Cowpoke

NowherePoke wrote:Never a good idea to over react to one week. I think this game really just confirmed a lot of what we knew and saw last year(Brett Smith-Great, Defense-Awful, DC-mind boggingly conservative at times).

However, the effort and play for 60 minutes from the players was great (not their fault DC gave up before halftime).
I disagree with premise #2 and #3. The defense is a major improvement from last year. We have guys actually getting into position to make plays instead of chasing. (Outside of the one big run, Nebraska didn't have the big plays they are used to getting). Everyone wants to criticize CDC for the end of the first half, hindsight is 20-20 and if we would have thrown up something that ended up killing the momentum going into the half, you would have been calling CDC for not playing it safe....

Our boys played a hell of a game and they had the outcome in their hands as the clock expired. I will always contend that if we would have caught them in Laramie this year, we win going away....
laxwyo
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 137 times
Been liked: 147 times

And if the WR pass works, it's genius. Wyoming has done well under CDC with trick plays
W-Y, Until I Die!