Welcome to the bandwagon Doc

Everything Wyoming Cowboy and Mountain West football!
Poke Around
Ranch Hand

Funny how there were some who were calling for DC's scalp a year ago and now they are looking to drive the wagon.
Guess that shows their wonderful insight to what is happening.
YankPoke
Cowpoke

Glad I was on the wagon before it even left the station. ;)
fromolwyoming
WyoNation Lifer
Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 2 times

I think I was one of the few saying I couldn't really blame DC in that situation, as I would have blown up too.
ItSucksToBeACSURam
WyoNation Addict

I was in on the construction of the wagon...
Dread_Pirate_Cowboy
Ranch Hand

I was planning on dressing like Howdy Doody at Colorado Springs in two weeks. DC's rant was righteous.
"Good?...Bad?.....I'm the guy with the Gun!" -- Ash Williams
Fullback41
A Real Cowboy

PokeAround... haven't heard from you in a while, but yeah I hear ya. For the last year I have consistently said the team is getting better, DC is a good coach, the team is slowly getting more competitive, and last years record was grossly skewed by one key injury.
In heaven there is no beer, thats why we drink it here, and when we're gone from here, our friends will be drinking all the beer!
cowboyz
Cowpoke
Been liked: 1 time

Poke Around wrote:Funny how there were some who were calling for DC's scalp a year ago and now they are looking to drive the wagon.
Guess that shows their wonderful insight to what is happening.
I'm not on the DC band wagon yet. I need a little more than another almost win vs a winning team and a blowout of a total crap team that may not win a game this year. Hell, North Texas beat them worse than we did. Don't get me wrong, improving on last year's disaster is great. It's also lovely to see almost all aspects of the team stepping up, but do you see potential or do you really feel we're "there" already? I don't really expect wins vs Nebraska, Boise or Fresno, so winning one of those might have me grabbing the reins. Slapping Idaho, UNC or Texas State around won't make me feel we've turned the corner.
BeaverPoke
Bronco-Buster

If we're talking about being on the bandwagon.....you know overly optimistic beaverpoke is driving that bandwagon.
If you ever need to laugh, just remember there was some idiot who wanted Bohl fired after 2 seasons.
stymeman
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 4 times
Been liked: 45 times

the cool thing is at currently 23-29 overall, say at worst from what I detect say at worst he goes 6-4 the remaining games(hope it's better) and we finish at 7-5, that'll put his overall record at 29-35, he'll not be chased by other programs with still a losing record, and Brett wanting to make a statement his senior year and esp playing at Oregon to prove a point, we have good things upcoming in the near future, going into his 6th year. I have already seen vast improvement in the 2 games I've attended, and I'm ok with the direction it's going, now if this continues, then he may skip ship after year 7 or 8.
GO POKES
whyoh
WyoNation Addict

stymeman wrote:the cool thing is at currently 23-29 overall, say at worst from what I detect say at worst he goes 6-4 the remaining games(hope it's better) and we finish at 7-5, that'll put his overall record at 29-35, he'll not be chased by other programs with still a losing record, and Brett wanting to make a statement his senior year and esp playing at Oregon to prove a point, we have good things upcoming in the near future, going into his 6th year. I have already seen vast improvement in the 2 games I've attended, and I'm ok with the direction it's going, now if this continues, then he may skip ship after year 7 or 8.
GO POKES
disclaimer: I could be wrong. I've done it before...I'll probably do it again.

a high fallootin'...rootin' tootin' sonofa gun from 'ol WYOMIN'
WyoAlum1987
Ranch Hand

Just don't get the wagon ahead of the horses boys. Even in the weakest part of the season we need to take it one game at a time.
BeaverPoke
Bronco-Buster

If the Pokes take care of business and start 6-1 (L@ Nebraska, W vs. Idaho, NC, @AFA, @TxSt., vs. NM, vs. CSU) coach DC will be 28-29.
1. 7-6
2. 3-9
3. 8-5
4. 4-8

22-28
Needs to finish 6 over .500 to hit .500 for 5 years, 9-3 hits .500 then the bowl game would push him 1 under or 1 over .500
But if the Pokes finish 10-2 then lose the MWC title game, and the bowl game he still hits .500.
I think DC can be @ .500 or over at the end of this season.
If you ever need to laugh, just remember there was some idiot who wanted Bohl fired after 2 seasons.
Fullback41
A Real Cowboy

WyoAlum1987 wrote:Just don't get the wagon ahead of the horses boys. Even in the weakest part of the season we need to take it one game at a time.
You are exactly right. One. Game. At a Time.
In heaven there is no beer, thats why we drink it here, and when we're gone from here, our friends will be drinking all the beer!
Subcanis
A Real Cowboy

Fullback41 wrote:
WyoAlum1987 wrote:Just don't get the wagon ahead of the horses boys. Even in the weakest part of the season we need to take it one game at a time.
One. Game. At a Time.
One. More. Time.
"I never saw a buckin' hoss to top Steamboat. Fact is, he was the closest thing to perpetual motion that ever wore hair. Few men could stand that kind of battering without bleeding from the nose, and most became nauseated as well. Ol' Steamboat put some of the toughest into the hospital for repairs."