Gerry Spence and The University Of WYOMING

Everything Wyoming Cowboy and Mountain West football!
DocHolliday
Cowpoke

Dear compadres...what's the deal with Gerry Spence?

This guy is uber-rich, is a long time Wyomingite and graduated from UW way back when.

How nice it would be to see Mr. Spence assign a generous gift to UW sports and become our version of Phil Knight, allowing the football/basketball programs to do some things that they'd like to -- do but cannot because of budget restrictions.

Does anyone know if Spence has been to UW anytime in the recent past?

If Gerry hasn't been to The War of late, lets get together and invite him to a tailgate!

I'll bring the craft beer...
whyoh
WyoNation Addict

probably have the same chances of getting him to donate as we do jerry buss
disclaimer: I could be wrong. I've done it before...I'll probably do it again.

a high fallootin'...rootin' tootin' sonofa gun from 'ol WYOMIN'
stymeman
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 4 times
Been liked: 44 times

he's a bit different, to say the least
Poke Around
Ranch Hand

You probably have a better chance of getting Spence to donate than you do Dino Costa.
Wyovanian
WyoNation Addict
Has liked: 13 times
Been liked: 16 times

Spence has become pretty, um, "eccentric" to put it lightly. Pretty strange duck anymore.
"WE are the music makers and WE are the dreamers of the dreams." -Willy Wonka (Gene Wilder) Willy Wonka and the Chocolate Factory
whyoh
WyoNation Addict

Poke Around wrote:You probably have a better chance of getting Spence to donate than you do Dino Costa.

Cowboy Junky
WyoNation Addict

Poke Around wrote:You probably have a better chance of getting Spence to donate than you do Dino Costa.
What happened with Dino? He was giving us mad love.
Wyoming Cowboy basketball:

National Champions 1943.

Helm's foundation National Champions 1934.

NCAA tournament MVP and two time College Basketball Player of the Year Kenny Sailors, who is credited with inventing the jump shot.

Do you remember Cowboy Basketball?

I do.
whyoh
WyoNation Addict

Cowboy Junky wrote:
What happened with Dino? He was giving us mad love.

vvvvvvv this is dino vvvvvvv
DocHolliday wrote:Dear compadres...what's the deal with Gerry Spence?

This guy is uber-rich, is a long time Wyomingite and graduated from UW way back when.

How nice it would be to see Mr. Spence assign a generous gift to UW sports and become our version of Phil Knight, allowing the football/basketball programs to do some things that they'd like to -- do but cannot because of budget restrictions.

Does anyone know if Spence has been to UW anytime in the recent past?

If Gerry hasn't been to The War of late, lets get together and invite him to a tailgate!

I'll bring the craft beer...

alyssa
A Real Cowboy

Man some of you dudes don't pay attention very well. :lol:
whyoh
WyoNation Addict

alyssa wrote:Man some of you dudes don't pay attention very well. :lol:
hell....i haven't been around much lately

DocHolliday
Cowpoke

Geez, I was hoping that Tracey Ringolsby (see Poke Around) would at least have the courage to put his name where his mouth is...

I simply ask a question here, and that fat bastard wants to turn this into a western style tussle with me?

Fine, I'll play along kindly.

I know where your seats are at The War, Tracey, and lets just say that I'm more than looking forward to seeing you at the next home game now that you're done trolling and hanging on at the end of your 'career', leeching along on Rockies telecasts and adding nothing to them in the process I might add.

Just remember hombre, you picked this fight, not me, but man is it gonna be fun to see you next time.

As to what I contribute to the UW program, is that not between myself & UW?

I simply bring up the name Gerry Spence and seek some input from the majority of great POKES fans here, and Ringolsby wants to take this thread and move it in another direction it didn't have to go.

There is a reason Tracey why you are almost universally despised by the overwhelmingly majority of sports writers and other media types, a good many of them in the Coors Field press box.

A slug always moves along and leaves tracks...and yours are always easy to see.
Asmodeanreborn
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 23 times

DocHolliday wrote:Geez, I was hoping that Tracey Ringolsby (see Poke Around) would at least have the courage to put his name where his mouth is...

I simply ask a question here, and that fat bastard wants to turn this into a western style tussle with me?

Fine, I'll play along kindly.

I know where your seats are at The War, Tracey, and lets just say that I'm more than looking forward to seeing you at the next home game now that you're done trolling and hanging on at the end of your 'career', leeching along on Rockies telecasts and adding nothing to them in the process I might add.

Just remember hombre, you picked this fight, not me, but man is it gonna be fun to see you next time.

As to what I contribute to the UW program, is that not between myself & UW?

I simply bring up the name Gerry Spence and seek some input from the majority of great POKES fans here, and Ringolsby wants to take this thread and move it in another direction it didn't have to go.

There is a reason Tracey why you are almost universally despised by the overwhelmingly majority of sports writers and other media types, a good many of them in the Coors Field press box.

A slug always moves along and leaves tracks...and yours are always easy to see.
Hold on - you're trying to tell people Tracy's universally despised when he's just done a threepeat of Emmys and has been selected sportswriter of the year a few times as well if I'm not completely wrong.

Nice try, Doc.

Edit: Should mention that Tracy's one of the reasons I miss RMN. I'm NOT impressed by the sports writers at the Post - especially Dater.
fromolwyoming
WyoNation Lifer
Been liked: 2 times

Doc's (Dino's) true self is showing again...
DocHolliday
Cowpoke

Umm, yeah, if you had a clue as to the feelings and the views of people within our 'industry; indeed, he's f-word more people than I have fingers to count on amigo.

Get with it it skippy, awards and such can be very misleading...he's a universally disliked scumbag with a severe case of backstabitis.

Believe what you wish to...but if the walls could talk...

I'm finished with this thread as it has taken a turn I had nothing to do with and I won't be adding anything else to what is now unfortunately a toxic mix brewed together by Ringolsby.

I'll deal with him on my own one-on-one at The War.
Asmodeanreborn
Bronco-Buster
Been liked: 23 times

BeaverPoke
Bronco-Buster

Wow...Is Pokearound TR? I thought TR had an account on here that he went by TracyRingolsby?
Am I missing something?

Dino, I like you, I like your personality.
But I also like TR.

That's all I will say.
If you ever need to laugh, just remember there was some idiot who wanted Bohl fired after 2 seasons.
whyoh
WyoNation Addict

i have no dog in this fight....but i will say damn, dino, you have 2 speeds.......chill and holy f-word

DocHolliday
Cowpoke

BeaverPoke wrote:Wow...Is Pokearound TR? I thought TR had an account on here that he went by TracyRingolsby?
Am I missing something?

But I also like TR.

That's all I will say.
That's fine, BP, I have no ax to grind with you nor anyone else...

Indeed, it is TR, I know this for a fact and I won't say how because that would be breaching the trust of someone here I told I would never expose.

I just want to talk Cowboys football and have a great time with other like minded fans in doing so.
BeaverPoke
Bronco-Buster

DocHolliday wrote:
BeaverPoke wrote:Wow...Is Pokearound TR? I thought TR had an account on here that he went by TracyRingolsby?
Am I missing something?

But I also like TR.

That's all I will say.
That's fine, BP, I have no ax to grind with you nor anyone else...

Indeed, it is TR, I know this for a fact and I won't say how because that would be breaching the trust of someone here I told I would never expose.

I just want to talk Cowboys football and have a great time with other like minded fans in doing so.
I like the intensity you feel for Wyo football. It's...f-word awesome lol.

Next home game, I want to meet you and BS with you a little bit about the Pokes.
If you ever need to laugh, just remember there was some idiot who wanted Bohl fired after 2 seasons.
DocHolliday
Cowpoke

Anytime, I'd love to meet you...

email me at--> [email protected] or always feel free to call me at--> 307-220-2219

Thank you