WYOMING Uniforms: The prairie gold look

Everything Wyoming Cowboy and Mountain West football!
BeaverPoke
Bronco-Buster

Alright, the more I think about it, I am not a big fan of the prarie gold for football. But basketball, absolutely.
When I think of prarie gold and Wyoming, I picture Marcus Bailey in the AA.
I don't really think about football.
Football prarie gold, not so much, hoops prarie gold, all the way!
If you ever need to laugh, just remember there was some idiot who wanted Bohl fired after 2 seasons.
DocHolliday
Cowpoke

BeaverPoke wrote:Alright, the more I think about it, I am not a big fan of the prarie gold for football. But basketball, absolutely.
When I think of prarie gold and Wyoming, I picture Marcus Bailey in the AA.
I don't really think about football.
Football prarie gold, not so much, hoops prarie gold, all the way!
Here ya go buddy---> http://www.cstvauctions.com/images/auct ... Gold-c.jpg" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
BeaverPoke
Bronco-Buster

Those hoops jerseys were awesome.
If you ever need to laugh, just remember there was some idiot who wanted Bohl fired after 2 seasons.
wyokoke
A Real Cowboy

I feel like the minority of the generation but i would love if we went back to the old real gold unis rather than what we did. Holiday bowl era, at least as a throwback with how many different combos we wear a year, why not add that to the mix?
Brew_Poke
Cowpoke
Has liked: 27 times
Been liked: 2 times

wyokoke wrote:I feel like the minority of the generation but i would love if we went back to the old real gold unis rather than what we did. Holiday bowl era, at least as a throwback with how many different combos we wear a year, why not add that to the mix?
You think that's a different color than we are using?
wyokoke
A Real Cowboy

Brew_Poke wrote:
wyokoke wrote:I feel like the minority of the generation but i would love if we went back to the old real gold unis rather than what we did. Holiday bowl era, at least as a throwback with how many different combos we wear a year, why not add that to the mix?
I don't mean the color, I mean the whole design. The old school throwback striping
Pokes Forever
Ranch Hand

Brew_Poke wrote:
Probably the best uni's Wyo ever wore, not to mention some of the best teams ever fielded! I'd probably add Steamboat to the pants to complete the look. :twocents:
wyokoke
A Real Cowboy

Pokes Forever wrote:
Brew_Poke wrote:
Probably the best uni's Wyo ever wore, not to mention some of the best teams ever fielded! I'd probably add Steamboat to the pants to complete the look. :twocents:
I couldn't agree more, thats exactly what I'm saying...not just a clean, classy look but we did pretty damn good in those too...why not make a throwback out.of em??
MrTitleist
WyoNation Overlord
Has liked: 8 times
Been liked: 33 times

Wyokie just made a mess of his keyboard upon seeing that UW/Iowa pic.

BTW, they have used those as throwbacks, at least within in the last 5-10 years.. seems like they used them for homecoming.
ImageImageImageImage
TSpoke
A Real Cowboy

MrTitleist wrote:Wyokie just made a mess of his keyboard upon seeing that UW/Iowa pic.

BTW, they have used those as throwbacks, at least within in the last 5-10 years.. seems like they used them for homecoming.
They used them a couple times during the joe glenn era. Would love if we decided this was one of our main looks.
Wyokie
WyoNation Moderator
Has liked: 36 times
Been liked: 45 times

TSpoke wrote:
MrTitleist wrote:Wyokie just made a mess of his keyboard upon seeing that UW/Iowa pic.

They used them a couple times during the joe glenn era. Would love if we decided this was one of our main looks.
+1 billion. We were damned good back then. 2 WAC Championships. 16-0 in WAC play in 1987 & 1988. Only nightmare was the 1988 Holiday Bowl when Barry Sanders ran over us all night long.
I want CHAMPIONSHIPS not chicken poop! And we're getting chicken poop!!!!!!!!!!!
Brew_Poke
Cowpoke
Has liked: 27 times
Been liked: 2 times

Wyokie wrote:
TSpoke wrote:

+1 billion. We were damned good back then. 2 WAC Championships. 16-0 in WAC play in 1987 & 1988. Only nightmare was the 1988 Holiday Bowl when Barry Sanders ran over us all night long.
And that Iowa Holiday Bowl was a heartbreaker....but a great game. My junior year of high school. Memories.
Wyokie
WyoNation Moderator
Has liked: 36 times
Been liked: 45 times

Brew_Poke wrote:
Wyokie wrote:
TSpoke wrote:

And that Iowa Holiday Bowl was a heartbreaker....but a great game. My junior year of high school. Memories.
We should've won that game. Damned INT for a TD was the difference!
I want CHAMPIONSHIPS not chicken poop! And we're getting chicken poop!!!!!!!!!!!