Uniforms vs. Air Force

Everything Wyoming Cowboy and Mountain West football!
McPeachy
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 306 times
Been liked: 120 times

kdwrightuwyo wrote:Just read the twitter accounts of our players and recruits. They get excited about new uniforms and new designs.
Sure they do...it is the way of the current generation. :shock:

But gray is not one of our colors. Neither is black.

Brown, Gold, White. That is it.
Dear Karma,

I have a list of people you missed...
Slow Hand
Cowpoke

We seem to forget that they are a military tribute uniform....which means the school colors are used only as accent colors.
JimmyDimes
WyoNation Addict

BackHarlowRoad wrote:If you don't think players care about uniforms, you haven't spent much time with 18-22 yr old kids from the city.

I'm pretty sure uniforms mean more to some people than the education they're getting. Wish I was joking.

WR at a school I worked at got a few letters from UW. Kid was fast, state champion hurdler. Didn't get a ton of attention from FBS schools except for Wyo. When I spoke with him he says, and I quote, "they're brown & yellow, what can I do with that?". He ignored every letter he received simply because of our colors.
Not only is that kid ignorant, he is passing up a great opportunity. Wyoming is better off without kids like this.

Go Pokes!!
McPeachy
Bronco-Buster

Slow Hand wrote:We seem to forget that they are a military tribute uniform....which means the school colors are used only as accent colors.
Huh? That doesn't seem logical. Military tribute uniforms could still be...Brown, Gold, White. They don't need gray - or black for that matter.
Dear Karma,

jarhead
Ranch Hand

McPeachy wrote:
Slow Hand wrote:We seem to forget that they are a military tribute uniform....which means the school colors are used only as accent colors.
Huh? That doesn't seem logical. Military tribute uniforms could still be...Brown, Gold, White. They don't need gray - or black for that matter.
I think a Military uni operates on the premise that the base color is that of a Military issue, ie Olive drab, Grey, Black, maybe even Brown. When I was in The Marine Corps we had a set of utilities that were Brown Woodland camo...how cool would that have been for a Wyoming Uni?
McPeachy
Bronco-Buster

jarhead wrote:When I was in The Marine Corps we had a set of utilities that were Brown Woodland camo...how cool would that have been for a Wyoming Uni?
Very! Brown - very dark, dark, medium, light - Brown!
Dear Karma,