So, revenge on Howdy Doody after tonight complete?

Everything Wyoming Cowboy and Mountain West football!
fromolwyoming
WyoNation Lifer
Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 2 times

His defense only got two stops (trick play was not needed) and gave up a poop ton of yards and and 56 points and offense barely got past 20 points.
J-Rod
Bronco-Buster

This will cost him his job. Payback is a bitch.
Wyokie
WyoNation Moderator
Has liked: 36 times
Been liked: 45 times

Holy poop...just did some research.....

The 56 points we scored is the most ever in the series...

Previous record: 48 in the 1988 classic (48-45).
I want CHAMPIONSHIPS not chicken poop! And we're getting chicken poop!!!!!!!!!!!
djm19
WyoNation Addict
Been liked: 3 times

One word...

WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

holy.....shi.

Beat. Down.
kdwrightuwyo
A Real Cowboy

And that was with letting off the gas in the second half...
kansasCowboy
WyoNation Addict

Wyokie wrote:Holy poop...just did some research.....

We won 52-34 back in the early 2000's.
calpoke25
A Real Cowboy

kansasCowboy wrote:

No we didn't.... check your facts
kansasCowboy
WyoNation Addict

calpoke25 wrote:
kansasCowboy wrote:

No we didn't.... check your facts

You're right. I got mixed up. I was thinking of 04, but we put up 43.
one-smooth-poke
Ranch Hand

Just got back from the game. Smith & Company are unstoppable. I am not overly worried about the defense. They gave up alot of yards....in the 3rd and 4th when DC called the dogs off. A very impressive game. For all those people on here who are saying crap like, "one game at a time" or do not believe in this team and have some negative comments, you need to go watch a game in person...not on TV.
Cowboy Junky
WyoNation Addict

One game at a time isn't negative. It's a realistic mantra that every coach preaches to every athelete in every team sport that is played. Just because people aren't getting carried away doesn't mean they don't believe in the team. It means the team still has a lot to prove and has feasted on some pretty easy competition so far.

For me, it's Texas State week. That should be a better test for the Pokes.
Wyoming Cowboy basketball:

National Champions 1943.

Helm's foundation National Champions 1934.

NCAA tournament MVP and two time College Basketball Player of the Year Kenny Sailors, who is credited with inventing the jump shot.

Do you remember Cowboy Basketball?

I do.
WyoAlum1987
Ranch Hand

Give credit where credit is due. DC got the boys ready and they destroyed AF. Hats off to the coach and the team. Now he needs to do it every week for the rest of the season. One week at a time.
Patience there pard..
But kudos all around, sting a few weeks together like this, and they turn into great seasons, string a few seasons like this together, and DC may very well usher in the Pokes' next (brown and) golden era.
gbpoke
Cowpoke

WyoAlum1987 wrote: But kudos all around, sting a few weeks together like this, and they turn into great seasons, string a few seasons like this together, and DC may very well usher in the Pokes' next (brown and) golden era.
That is if DC doesn't get courted by a power conference team, which seems to happen all to often just when we think we've got something brewing on that front.
Brew_Poke
Cowpoke
Has liked: 27 times

gbpoke wrote:
WyoAlum1987 wrote: But kudos all around, sting a few weeks together like this, and they turn into great seasons, string a few seasons like this together, and DC may very well usher in the Pokes' next (brown and) golden era.
That is if DC doesn't get courted by a power conference team, which seems to happen all to often just when we think we've got something brewing on that front.
Twice in like 50 years? Ericson, Tiller and who else?
wyocowboy2014
A Real Cowboy

It would be nice if we have a Chris Petersen type of mentality in a coach.
Wyokie
WyoNation Moderator
Has liked: 36 times
Been liked: 45 times

wyocowboy2014 wrote:It would be nice if we have a Chris Petersen type of mentality in a coach.
It would be nice but we aint going to get it.
I want CHAMPIONSHIPS not chicken poop! And we're getting chicken poop!!!!!!!!!!!
Wyovanian
WyoNation Addict
Has liked: 13 times
Been liked: 16 times

Brew_Poke wrote:
gbpoke wrote:
Devaney, Dye, Erickson, Tiller. The only two winning coaches that really stuck with Wyoming since Bowden Wyatt were Eaton and Roach.
"WE are the music makers and WE are the dreamers of the dreams." -Willy Wonka (Gene Wilder) Willy Wonka and the Chocolate Factory
fromolwyoming
WyoNation Lifer

So, why are focusing on something that MIGHT happen several years down the road when we're in the middle of a season right now?

BTW, Tiller wanted to stay, but couldn't get his contract renewed. Also, we did have a Peterson type coach. Brought us to our highest highs, and to a new low that took us 20 years to get over. I'm talking of course about Lloyd Eaton.
WestWYOPoke
WyoNation Addict
Has liked: 8 times
Been liked: 8 times

At the time that Dimel left, it seemed like we had lost another decent coach. It wasn't until after he was gone that we realized how bad he had left things.
gbpoke
Cowpoke

Brew_Poke wrote:
gbpoke wrote:
Paul Roach was never going anywhere, but (I know a lot people don't like him as a person) Dana Dimel left and he was pretty successful, and what about Devaney who left to go to Nebraska? It also happens in basketball, I wasn't just talking about football.
fromolwyoming
WyoNation Lifer

gbpoke wrote:
Brew_Poke wrote:
gbpoke wrote:
Paul Roach was never going anywhere, but (I know a lot people don't like him as a person) Dana Dimel left and he was pretty successful, and what about Devaney who left to go to Nebraska? It also happens in basketball, I wasn't just talking about football.
Dimel wasn't successful. He took Houston to a great 0-12 season.