Video of last night's big KO hit?

Everything Wyoming Cowboy and Mountain West football!
nePOKE45
Buckaroo

Does anyone know if there has been a video posted of the big hit from last night?
wyofan4life5
Ranch Hand

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Wj4PWc5N9So" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
3:40... no reply thoo
laxwyo
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 137 times
Been liked: 150 times

Holy balls! Knocked out! Can't believe he came back in game
W-Y, Until I Die!
fromolwyoming
WyoNation Lifer
Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 2 times

laxwyo wrote:Holy balls! Knocked out! Can't believe he came back in game
He really shouldn't have been put back in. Howdy Doody once again showing what kind of coach he is.
nePOKE45
Buckaroo

Hey sorry for the confusion but I'm not aware of anyone getting knocked out... KO was meant to be kick off... but yet I wouldn't be surprised if he did get his bell rung, he got smacked by a great, shoulder lead, hit! No matter what that blabbering fool on the TV thought.
fromolwyoming
WyoNation Lifer

nePOKE45 wrote:Hey sorry for the confusion but I'm not aware of anyone getting knocked out... KO was meant to be kick off... but yet I wouldn't be surprised if he did get his bell rung, he got smacked by a great, shoulder lead, hit! No matter what that blabbering fool on the TV thought.
Sorry. Was in a martial arts class taught by a MMA fighter for about 6 years. So I always put KO as Knocked Out. And I've seen people get knocked out on more than a few occassions. The Air Force kid got knocked out.
Stuck
Ranch Hand

Found this website where you can slow down youtube videos. Works pretty well for the video listed above. Just Copy/Paste the URL and you get a little more control over what you are seeing.

http://pausehouse.com/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
carbonpoke
A Real Cowboy

here is what I saw... and I watched it replayed last night about 12 times, while Hawkins was talking about it being dirty. it was a three way collision.

from the left side of the screen, konko was freight-training through the return team without being touched. the return man made his push right into the coverage lane of a sprinting konko. at the same time, his blocker decided to try and beat the returner to konko. the return man saw konko and hesitated his speed.

konko then, without seeing the blocker coming from his right, lowered his shoulder for the tackle, his helmet was supposed to go to his right for a clean hit, except right at that moment his blocker pushed konko's impact directly back into return man's chin.

konko had more inertia and obliterated both returner and blocker. konko never left his feet, just leaned in created an explosion. it was a dangerous hit, powerful... but the blocker was a second late and is more to blame for the hit than konko. Im glad that the return man recovered, and deserved an honorary game ball for his iron set of testicles.

no suspension needed. a no throw on the flag was the appropriate call. who do you penalize?

it was the turning point in the game however. the cowboys got so fired up that it would have taken an act of congress to deflate their sails.
laxwyo
Bronco-Buster

Yeah, kid was out cold. Arms went stiff as f-word. Big time hit. If I understand right, the hit was a non penalty but the team running on the field like a bunch of idiots is what drew flag.
W-Y, Until I Die!
kdwrightuwyo
A Real Cowboy

I think Burns took his helmet off as he was celebrating running off the field. (#20)
McPeachy
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 306 times
Been liked: 120 times

laxwyo wrote:Yeah, kid was out cold. Arms went stiff as f-word. Big time hit. If I understand right, the hit was a non penalty but the team running on the field like a bunch of idiots is what drew flag.
This is true - but I acted worse in the stands. I don't blame the team, that was as big of hit as they have ALL probably seen since being Pokes. And by a converted, injury prone, running back.

What really had me scratching my head, was that Howdy Douche put the kid back in the game. You don't get knocked out cold and not have a full-blown concussion evaluation for at least a week.
Dear Karma,

I have a list of people you missed...
laxwyo
Bronco-Buster

I thought it was classless to celebrate like a bunch of thugs when a kid is lying there stiff armed. Big hit, act like you've had one before, but I guess if you're Kongo, prolly be only time he makes stat sheet.
W-Y, Until I Die!
Dutchnation
Ranch Hand

laxwyo wrote:I thought it was classless to celebrate like a bunch of thugs when a kid is lying there stiff armed. Big hit, act like you've had one before, but I guess if you're Kongo, prolly be only time he makes stat sheet.

+1000

I was embarrassed by the way we acted after the hit. running around and celebrating the fact that the kid got TRUCKED made us look pretty stupid and classless.

I was proud of our boys for a great effort and for taking it to Howdy Doody. I can't stand that guy. Everytime I look at him on the sidelines I think of his little smirk when he knew he got away with cheating.
fromolwyoming
WyoNation Lifer

Dutchnation wrote:
laxwyo wrote:I thought it was classless to celebrate like a bunch of thugs when a kid is lying there stiff armed. Big hit, act like you've had one before, but I guess if you're Kongo, prolly be only time he makes stat sheet.

+1000

I was embarrassed by the way we acted after the hit. running around and celebrating the fact that the kid got TRUCKED made us look pretty stupid and classless.

I was proud of our boys for a great effort and for taking it to Howdy Doody. I can't stand that guy. Everytime I look at him on the sidelines I think of his little smirk when he knew he got away with cheating.
I think he was poop bricks that night. You could see it on his face throughout the game.
McPeachy
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 306 times
Been liked: 120 times

Dutchnation wrote:

+1000

Two wrongs certainly doesn't make one right I realize...but you both must not have been at the game. As EVERY SINGLE HIT that was put on Brett by the AFA was celebrated not only on the sideline, but in the stands.

It is part of football. A violent game, played by violent people. Nobody likes to see (anyone) get hurt. And obviously, with Howdy Douche putting the kid back in as RB, he wasn't hurt. ;)
Dear Karma,

I have a list of people you missed...
Asmodeanreborn
Bronco-Buster
Been liked: 23 times

I thought the celebration was more in response to making a big special teams play and forcing and recovering a fumble... I'm not sure they even noticed the guy out cold on the field, as most of them weren't even looking that way anymore.
fromolwyoming
WyoNation Lifer

Asmodeanreborn wrote:I thought the celebration was more in response to making a big special teams play and forcing and recovering a fumble... I'm not sure they even noticed the guy out cold on the field, as most of them weren't even looking that way anymore.
That's how it looked to me. They saw Konkolongo make this hit, force the fumble, another player recovered the fumble, and they celebrated that. Not many people saw the Air Force player still down.
cheypoke
Ranch Hand
Been liked: 1 time

What exactly does the helmet to helmet rule say? I can't seem to find it.
fromolwyoming
WyoNation Lifer

cheypoke wrote:What exactly does the helmet to helmet rule say? I can't seem to find it.
Well, if its actual helmet to helmet, its a 15 yard penalty. If its targeting, the player gets suspended. The helmets did hit, but that was after initial contact. Was still enough to knock out the kid, but it wasn't targeting or on purpose or anything like that.
NowherePoke
A Real Cowboy
Been liked: 6 times

fromolwyoming wrote:
Asmodeanreborn wrote:I thought the celebration was more in response to making a big special teams play and forcing and recovering a fumble... I'm not sure they even noticed the guy out cold on the field, as most of them weren't even looking that way anymore.
That's how it looked to me. They saw Konkolongo make this hit, force the fumble, another player recovered the fumble, and they celebrated that. Not many people saw the Air Force player still down.
+1