Our 'boys at the Buck.

Everything Wyoming Cowboy and Mountain West football!
Subcanis
A Real Cowboy

This really bothered me Saturday night. The more I think about it, the more it pisses me off.

We were humiliated Saturday. Embarrassed. CSU made us their bitch.

Around midnight on Saturday, more than a few of our team showed up at the Buckhorn. All smiles, joking around, no shame. Like they truly didn't care.

I had to budget this game in. I brought two guys with me who were new to the state so they could see why I am so passionate about my Pokes. They were skeptic afterwords, to say the least.

Why were our guys out on the town partying that night? Why were they not embarrassed? Why is the Buck not off limits after what happened with Martinez last year?

I don't get it. If I'm a player on this team that lost this game I hope to Christ no one on campus recognizes me.
"I never saw a buckin' hoss to top Steamboat. Fact is, he was the closest thing to perpetual motion that ever wore hair. Few men could stand that kind of battering without bleeding from the nose, and most became nauseated as well. Ol' Steamboat put some of the toughest into the hospital for repairs."
PokeOLoco
A Real Cowboy

Flash-backs to the Glenn years.... I want you to name names but I guess that's probably not going anywhere good.
“Being around Colorado State, I saw that football wasn’t really a big sport there," Parker said Sunday night.
seattlecowboy
WyoNation Addict
Has liked: 2 times
Been liked: 16 times

If I spent that much money to go watch that crap show on Saturday and saw what you saw at the Buck I wouldn't be pleased either. I didn't get a chance to even spend any of my own money to go to that game and the thought of it pisses me off. Sounds like the team doesn't care much by their actions if this is true.

Follow me on Twitter for all of your Free/Paid sports wagers all year around. Football, Basketball, Baseball, Hockey, Soccer, Tennis, etc….

488-348 +721 Units won in 6.5 months follow @bet_chase on twitter….
WYCowboy
WyoNation Moderator
Has liked: 6 times
Been liked: 2 times

I had heard about this from another source and wondered if anybody else would say something. I don't like to run with rumors.
You can tell how big a person is by what it takes to discourage him/her.
Wyovanian
WyoNation Addict
Has liked: 13 times
Been liked: 16 times

Sounds like a culture of disrespect- for their program, the school, and themselves.
"WE are the music makers and WE are the dreamers of the dreams." -Willy Wonka (Gene Wilder) Willy Wonka and the Chocolate Factory
Subcanis
A Real Cowboy

seattlecowboy wrote:If I spent that much money to go watch that crap show on Saturday and saw what you saw at the Buck I wouldn't be pleased either. I didn't get a chance to even spend any of my own money to go to that game and the thought of it pisses me off. Sounds like the team doesn't care much by their actions if this is true.
I had a few by then, and wanted to spout off for sure. Thankfully I have good friends that calmed me down. But seriously, WTF. Why would the players go out on the town like that, and why would the coaching staff not have told the players to lay low? Especially after issues at the sideline during the game (between the fans and team, and the team itself) and the Martinez fiasco AT THE BUCKHORN.
"I never saw a buckin' hoss to top Steamboat. Fact is, he was the closest thing to perpetual motion that ever wore hair. Few men could stand that kind of battering without bleeding from the nose, and most became nauseated as well. Ol' Steamboat put some of the toughest into the hospital for repairs."
whyoh
WyoNation Addict

Subcanis wrote:
seattlecowboy wrote:If I spent that much money to go watch that crap show on Saturday and saw what you saw at the Buck I wouldn't be pleased either. I didn't get a chance to even spend any of my own money to go to that game and the thought of it pisses me off. Sounds like the team doesn't care much by their actions if this is true.
I had a few by then, and wanted to spout off for sure. Thankfully I have good friends that calmed me down. But seriously, WTF. Why would the players go out on the town like that, and why would the coaching staff not have told the players to lay low? Especially after issues at the sideline during the game (between the fans and team, and the team itself) and the Martinez fiasco AT THE BUCKHORN.
I figured after last December that the buck would be off limits to all scholarship athletes
disclaimer: I could be wrong. I've done it before...I'll probably do it again.

a high fallootin'...rootin' tootin' sonofa gun from 'ol WYOMIN'
Subcanis
A Real Cowboy

WYCowboy wrote:I had heard about this from another source and wondered if anybody else would say something. I don't like to run with rumors.
They were there, having a grand ol' time. I've got the pics. I've never felt more disgraced and disgusted.

Sternberg, DC, Burman, and Vorel have an UGLY letter coming their way.
BeaverPoke
Bronco-Buster

Subcanis wrote:
WYCowboy wrote:I had heard about this from another source and wondered if anybody else would say something. I don't like to run with rumors.
They were there, having a grand ol' time. I've got the pics. I've never felt more disgraced and disgusted.

What has Vorel done?
If you ever need to laugh, just remember there was some idiot who wanted Bohl fired after 2 seasons.
WyoBrandX
A Real Cowboy

Oh come on. They were 21 and just lost a hell of a game and were upset. If you lived in laramie and weren't at the buck after that game? Our football team has been tougher than ever - and you want to call them out on having some fun after getting their assses kicked?

Give them a break - let them go drink. If you don't like it, go hang out on the football field and make better plays.

Subcanis wrote:This really bothered me Saturday night. The more I think about it, the more it pisses me off.

We were humiliated Saturday. Embarrassed. CSU made us their bitch.

Around midnight on Saturday, more than a few of our team showed up at the Buckhorn. All smiles, joking around, no shame. Like they truly didn't care.

I had to budget this game in. I brought two guys with me who were new to the state so they could see why I am so passionate about my Pokes. They were skeptic afterwords, to say the least.

Why were our guys out on the town partying that night? Why were they not embarrassed? Why is the Buck not off limits after what happened with Martinez last year?

I don't get it. If I'm a player on this team that lost this game I hope to Christ no one on campus recognizes me.
J-Rod
Bronco-Buster

I get the frustration.....but it is my experience that this is not out of the norm. Once the pads are hung up and the players leave the locker room, they forget about it all.....

I know of guys who missed game-winning FGs and acted as if nothing had happened. Just the reality of 18-22 year old athletes......they do not have the same connection to Wyoming that you all do. They're "just here to play football". That is not an excuse....I totally understand the frustration, and it irks me as well....just pointing out that this issue is not unique to Wyoming.
BeaverPoke
Bronco-Buster

Not only do our players not give a poop about winning or losing, and partying, the poop I talked to last week didn't even seem to know it was a frickin rivalry.
I was talking to some of them and they had heard it was a rivalry, but didn't know anything about it.
f-word pathetic.
Oh, did I mention they were in class today not taking notes (I don't even think they OWN a backpack, or any school supplies) and fell asleep? Got their asses chewed by the teacher, and rightfully so.

Here's an idea, how about don't suck at both things you do. If you're going to be slacking off and barely getting by in classes, you better be good on the football field. If you are going to be awful on the field, you better at least pull some decent grades.

We have punk kids, who don't know poop about Wyoming football, that quit on each other, just want to party, and don't give a poop about their academics at all.
If you ever need to laugh, just remember there was some idiot who wanted Bohl fired after 2 seasons.
wyocowboy2014
A Real Cowboy

Who cares? These kids put in work all week long. Depending on the week, they might not have a day off at all. Most days, they are up at 5am and at the rack until 10am ish. Then it's off to class. Depending on the player, they may have study hall hours during the evening. I don't see a problem at all with them being out as long as they are not creating problems when they are out. They are college students as well. A very select few can even directly affect the outcome of a game. Stop taking your frustrations of the loss and you spending money on the game out on college players. Regardless of what you think, I know how hard these guys work and how much time they put in week in and week out. The players are only as good as the coaching they receive and preparation they go through for each game. Want to be mad at someone? Blame the coaches. Who cares about some college athletes out on a Saturday night. Get over it. This happens at every university in the country.
BackHarlowRoad
A Real Cowboy
Been liked: 4 times

So football players at Wyo don't pay attention in class and party on weekends?

Hmmm, that sounds like every single college football player on planet earth.
wyocowboy2014
A Real Cowboy

BackHarlowRoad wrote:So football players at Wyo don't pay attention in class and party on weekends?

Lol. This is the truth.
BeaverPoke
Bronco-Buster

BackHarlowRoad wrote:So football players at Wyo don't pay attention in class and party on weekends?

Doesn't mean it's okay.

One thing I've noticed, is Brett Smith doesn't go out to the buck.
Every time I see Tanner Simpson he has a backpack and is either leaving class or going to class.
These kids I have class with, starters that I won't name, never show up with any school supplies.
Fail the easiest tests in the world, and don't do ANYTHING in class.

I just think it's a joke that the team doesn't seem to care about anything but partying.
Subcanis
A Real Cowboy

BeaverPoke wrote:
Subcanis wrote:

What has Vorel done?
A damn good job. And I feel this slap in the face by the UW football system is worth a column on its own.
BeaverPoke
Bronco-Buster

wyocowboy2014 wrote:Who cares? These kids put in work all week long. Depending on the week, they might not have a day off at all. Most days, they are up at 5am and at the rack until 10am ish. Then it's off to class. Depending on the player, they may have study hall hours during the evening. I don't see a problem at all with them being out as long as they are not creating problems when they are out. They are college students as well. A very select few can even directly affect the outcome of a game. Stop taking your frustrations of the loss and you spending money on the game out on college players. Regardless of what you think, I know how hard these guys work and how much time they put in week in and week out. The players are only as good as the coaching they receive and preparation they go through for each game. Want to be mad at someone? Blame the coaches. Who cares about some college athletes out on a Saturday night. Get over it. This happens at every university in the country.
Who cares? Really?

I've got a friend who knows Chris Pro REALLY well and he said that Chris Pro only partied after wins during the season.
But no, not like he's in the NFL now or anything due to hard work and not being a dumbass.
BeaverPoke
Bronco-Buster

Subcanis wrote:
BeaverPoke wrote:
Subcanis wrote:

What has Vorel done?
A damn good job. And I feel this slap in the face by the UW football system is worth a column on its own.
I'm confused by what you're saying then. I think Vorel has been awesome, so why would he have an ugly letter coming his way?
PokeOLoco
A Real Cowboy

I was confused, but he means like a letter to the editor.
“Being around Colorado State, I saw that football wasn’t really a big sport there," Parker said Sunday night.