Cade Smith Highlights

Everything Wyoming Cowboy and Mountain West football!
Wyogogo
Buckaroo

Brett's dad tweeted this link today in case you haven't seen it. Cade's Jr. highlights.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Vjwo-gSe1Vg" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
The Virginian
Cowpoke

So what are the odds he comes to Wyoming? His big brother opened people's eyes and I bet he'll get some really heavy duty offers. I guess it may come down to Brett selling his little brother on coming to Laramie. However, how can Brett really convince his little brother if the defense remains crappy? What positive can you give him when you score 40 or more points and still lose?
This post submitted anonymously by Jeff Fry aka DCPoke
Adv8RU12
WyoNation Addict
Been liked: 5 times

What QB, that had other offers, would want to come to Wyoming if he has observed the offensive line situation?
BeaverPoke
Bronco-Buster

The Virginian wrote:So what are the odds he comes to Wyoming? His big brother opened people's eyes and I bet he'll get some really heavy duty offers. I guess it may come down to Brett selling his little brother on coming to Laramie. However, how can Brett really convince his little brother if the defense remains crappy? What positive can you give him when you score 40 or more points and still lose?
This topic has been discussed a lot and Cades top choice is going to be the Ducks. Their father played for the Ducks, and everyone in the family has gone to UO except for Brett.
With Brett opening eyes, Cade has already gotten a lot more attention, and I think over half of the Pac12 has been contacting him.
If the Ducks offer, Cade is a Duck. If Oregon State calls, well, it just depends on if Cade wouldn't mind playing for them or if he dislikes the Beavers.
For Wyo to get Cade, I think we need Christensen to be the head coach, and a big season next year (along with the rest of this season.
Cade is going to be a pretty big time recruit. Maybe not Alabama-USC-Texas-Oklahoma-LSU-Oregon big time, but Washington-UCLA-Oregon State-Boise State big time.
If you ever need to laugh, just remember there was some idiot who wanted Bohl fired after 2 seasons.
fromolwyoming
WyoNation Lifer
Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 2 times

Wow, I guess being a true dual threat is genetic in that family. Cade can run just as well as he can throw, and he throws pretty damn good. Very quick release, good accuracy, decent power, can throw on the run, reads the defense, same ability to miraculously avoid the sack as Brett, and has runningback type mobility and agility while running the ball.
djm19
WyoNation Addict
Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 3 times

The Virginian wrote:So what are the odds he comes to Wyoming?
McPeachy
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 306 times
Been liked: 120 times

The Virginian wrote:So what are the odds he comes to Wyoming? His big brother opened people's eyes and I bet he'll get some really heavy duty offers. I guess it may come down to Brett selling his little brother on coming to Laramie. However, how can Brett really convince his little brother if the defense remains crappy? What positive can you give him when you score 40 or more points and still lose?
1,000,000,000,000 to .001

And that may be a bit high.

Too much going on at Wyoming right now for the kid to come here. The coach being on the hotseat is one that can't (and shouldn't) be overlooked - I think that mean much more than current defense, etc.
Dear Karma,

I have a list of people you missed...
pokefanchaz7
A Real Cowboy

I'm not so sure the odds are stacked against this kid to be a cowboy. He's ranked 3 stars by scout with only one offer so far.

Not saying he will be here but I am saying we have shown the most interest in him so far. If other teams were as high on him as the cowboys then they would offer.

I do think a lot hinges on dc and if he can salvage his job. Let's not forget that dc has had acs, Brett smith and David fales on Wyoming campus. Guy can recruit that position very well.
C-O-W-B-O-Y-S! COWBOYS COWBOYS COWYBOYS!
JimmyDimes
WyoNation Addict

pokefanchaz7 wrote:I'm not so sure the odds are stacked against this kid to be a cowboy. He's ranked 3 stars by scout with only one offer so far.

Not saying he will be here but I am saying we have shown the most interest in him so far. If other teams were as high on him as the cowboys then they would offer.

I do think a lot hinges on dc and if he can salvage his job. Let's not forget that dc has had acs, Brett smith and David fales on Wyoming campus. Guy can recruit that position very well.
Quit trying to bring some rational thought on this board. But I agree. When it comes to recruiting, who knows. Maybe Brett playing here is all he needs. We just got a commit from a brother of another player this weekend regardless of what has been going on. So, who is to say it couldn't happen again.
SDPokeFan
WyoNation Addict
Has liked: 3 times
Been liked: 34 times

Who cares? This staff needs to focus on recruiting players on the defensive side of the ball that are worth a poop. Look at how having this great quarterback is working out for us these past couple of years. Doesn't matter if you score 50 if the defense gives up 60.
zappinpoke
Cowpoke

pokefanchaz7 wrote:I'm not so sure the odds are stacked against this kid to be a cowboy. He's ranked 3 stars by scout with only one offer so far.

Lets remember he is just a JR. After watching his film I'd be surprised if we can land him. A lot of talent there. It would be a great get for us if we could land him.
BeaverPoke
Bronco-Buster

Maybe because Wyo offered him first he comes here. Maybe Brett's influence gets him here. Maybe their dad suggests he give Wyo a really good look.

Maybe the Ducks offer tomorrow and he accepts.
We are still a ways out.

Let's hope DC is still here (because we are winning, not because we accept mediocrity) and he lands Cade.
If you ever need to laugh, just remember there was some idiot who wanted Bohl fired after 2 seasons.
wyokoke
A Real Cowboy

If we lose Dave (like s few on here want to happen yesterday) there's no way in hell we get him. Say what you will about his defense, DC can recruit better than anyone we've had in a LONG time, and can coach the offensive guys up once they get here
Cuttslam
WyoNation Addict

wyokoke wrote:If we lose Dave (like s few on here want to happen yesterday) there's no way in hell we get him. Say what you will about his defense, DC can recruit better than anyone we've had in a LONG time, and can coach the offensive guys up once they get here
Like the 2012 season
I BLEED BROWN AND GOLD.
BeaverPoke
Bronco-Buster

Cuttslam wrote:
wyokoke wrote:If we lose Dave (like s few on here want to happen yesterday) there's no way in hell we get him. Say what you will about his defense, DC can recruit better than anyone we've had in a LONG time, and can coach the offensive guys up once they get here
Like the 2012 season
Or the 2013 season.
Cuttslam
WyoNation Addict

Or the 2010 season.
I BLEED BROWN AND GOLD.
wyokoke
A Real Cowboy

Or any season since Dave's been here, ACS sophomore year was the worst QB play we've had (Kirkegaard last year doesnt count)
Pokes Forever
Ranch Hand

Recruiting? We haven't had anything that resembles a defense in a long time? Special teams......how many years since we have had a reliable kicking game? Look at the O line we have in place.....understand we don't get 5 star recruits but many of those currently playing don't even rate a single star. Smith is probably the best we've ever had at the QB position and kudos to CDC for that one but I'm not impressed with all that he has brought in......he's come up with more bad uniforms than good recruits.....also, if I remember correctly, ACS was an Arroyo recruit.
BeaverPoke
Bronco-Buster

Pokes Forever wrote:Recruiting? We haven't had anything that resembles a defense in a long time? Special teams......how many years since we have had a reliable kicking game? Look at the O line we have in place.....understand we don't get 5 star recruits but many of those currently playing don't even rate a single star. Smith is probably the best we've ever had at the QB position and kudos to CDC for that one but I'm not impressed with all that he has brought in......he's come up with more bad uniforms than good recruits.....also, if I remember correctly, ACS was an Arroyo recruit.
Uhh...where to start.
Recruits don't always make the team good. Hence the reason we have had multiple D-Coordinators in 5 years.
Hard to say there is no talent on defense. A handful of NFL players in the last couple years. Wasn't their fault the d-coordinators suck nuts.
And recruiting isn't always about 5 star and 4 star recruits. If the people working for rivals, or scout inc. rating these kids knew what they were talking about, they would be scouts for NFL teams, not for some website. It's pretty easy to go throw 4 or 5 stars next to some kids name after you find out that Texas, Alabama, Oregon, Florida and USC offered the kid. Also pretty easy to throw a 2 star next to a kid who was recruited by lots of FCS and SJSU and Wyoming.
And the bad uniforms. I guess we should go back to those middle school level New Balance jerseys. Hahaha my god that was embarrassing. At least the players we do have want to be seen it what they play in. Not freakin New Balance.
And yeah you are right Arroyo was the reason ACS came here. But who hired Arroyo? Dave Christensen. Because he knew he would get ACS to decommit from SJSU and come to Wyoming.
So yeah DC got ACS.
Pokes Forever
Ranch Hand

BeaverPoke wrote:
Pokes Forever wrote:Recruiting? We haven't had anything that resembles a defense in a long time? Special teams......how many years since we have had a reliable kicking game? Look at the O line we have in place.....understand we don't get 5 star recruits but many of those currently playing don't even rate a single star. Smith is probably the best we've ever had at the QB position and kudos to CDC for that one but I'm not impressed with all that he has brought in......he's come up with more bad uniforms than good recruits.....also, if I remember correctly, ACS was an Arroyo recruit.
Uhh...where to start.
Recruits don't always make the team good. Hence the reason we have had multiple D-Coordinators in 5 years.
Hard to say there is no talent on defense. A handful of NFL players in the last couple years. Wasn't their fault the d-coordinators suck nuts.
And recruiting isn't always about 5 star and 4 star recruits. If the people working for rivals, or scout inc. rating these kids knew what they were talking about, they would be scouts for NFL teams, not for some website. It's pretty easy to go throw 4 or 5 stars next to some kids name after you find out that Texas, Alabama, Oregon, Florida and USC offered the kid. Also pretty easy to throw a 2 star next to a kid who was recruited by lots of FCS and SJSU and Wyoming.
And the bad uniforms. I guess we should go back to those middle school level New Balance jerseys. Hahaha my god that was embarrassing. At least the players we do have want to be seen it what they play in. Not freakin New Balance.
And yeah you are right Arroyo was the reason ACS came here. But who hired Arroyo? Dave Christensen. Because he knew he would get ACS to decommit from SJSU and come to Wyoming.
So yeah DC got ACS.
He also hired Gregg Brandon and Chris Tormey

Also the current Cowboys in the NFL on the defensive side of the ball were all Joe Glenn recruits....Wendling and Unrein never played a down for DC. Gipson followed his brother and played one year under Glenn and the remainder under DC. Prosinski played two years under DC but Glenn's D Coord remained on board for those years. I might be forgetting someone and I'm sure you will correct me if I have....which I appreciate......frankly I could give a rats ass about recruiting stars and who puts them on the kids.......I am saying I would like to see more effort an emphasis on performance rather than what uniform they will be "lookin good" in while being blown out! Gotta have a different one each week......we could probably pay a D Coord some pretty good money with all we spend on all the different types and styles we wear while getting our asses handed to us by the Texas States and CSU' s of the world! You keep referencing SEC teams and PAC 12....... We have to be able to beat the teams in the MWC before we compete at that level......we still struggle against Weber St, Southern Utah and lose to Cal Poly......where was the DC offense that day?