BREAKING: Christensen Fired

Everything Wyoming Cowboy and Mountain West football!
J-Rod
Bronco-Buster

Original post updated: Dave Christensen fired.

http://www.usatoday.com/story/sports/nc ... n/3796419/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

----------

https://twitter.com/footballscoop/statu ... 6717105152" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Wondered if this would happen. DC can salvage some pride by not getting "fired".

Let the search for Wyoming's next head coach begin.....

Edit: Vorel >>> https://twitter.com/mikevorel/status/407229520798683137" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Last edited by J-Rod on Sun Dec 01, 2013 12:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.
YankPoke
Cowpoke

Wow, that is big for us now that we won't have to pay him the buyout. We can spend that extra money on the next coach.
WYO1016
WyoNation Addict
Has liked: 36 times
Been liked: 106 times

Sounds like my sources were right
WYO1016 wrote:Word on the street is that Chirstensen is tired of being a head coach and will look to part ways with UW after this season. I have nothing to back this up, just a "heard it from a friend who heard it from a friend" situation, but the first "friend" is allegedly inside the athletic department.
one-smooth-poke
Ranch Hand

Smith is leaving the program for the early draft (confirmed), as well as 1 of our junior receivers (confirmed). Watch and see the fall out from CDC being fired. He is not resigning, they are buying him out. He will be hired as an OC within 30 days at a big school.
pokefanchaz7
A Real Cowboy

I have mixed feelings if true. After the CSU game this year I decided Christensen probably isn't the guy to lead us to the promised land of conference titles but also don't know who is. I am a bit depressed because Coach C came in with great credentials and on all accounts was a home run candidate for the job.

He really has made our offense fun to watch (for the most part) he brought in great qb's during his time on staff and brought Brett Smith to the school and It was truly an honor watching him play in a poke uniform. His biggest downfall was not being able to attract a proven DC during his first years. That made it difficult to recruit great defensive players. I don't put this all on him because the school needs to pay it's assistant coaches what they are worth or we will be scraping the bottom of the barrel just hoping to get an unproven diamond in the ruff.

I don't know if Nick Saben himself could turn Wyoming into a top 25 contender given the resources the university has allotted the football program.
C-O-W-B-O-Y-S! COWBOYS COWBOYS COWYBOYS!
J-Rod
Bronco-Buster

one-smooth-poke wrote:Smith is leaving the program for the early draft (confirmed), as well as 1 of our junior receivers (confirmed). Watch and see the fall out from CDC being fired. He is not resigning, they are buying him out. He will be hired as an OC within 30 days at a big school.
WHAT?????
YankPoke
Cowpoke

J-Rod wrote:
one-smooth-poke wrote:Smith is leaving the program for the early draft (confirmed), as well as 1 of our junior receivers (confirmed). Watch and see the fall out from CDC being fired. He is not resigning, they are buying him out. He will be hired as an OC within 30 days at a big school.
WHAT?????
I don't think that is true, frankly with the season he had he doesn't deserve to be drafted. Plus like BP said Thompson and other players say Smith is coming back next year no matter what. The only way we would lose him is if he transfers, and that probably won't happen.
one-smooth-poke
Ranch Hand

Smith's realizes his draft stock falls with a new coaching staff (his stats will be greatly reduced). Also, his brother will NOT be coming to Wyoming (decisions made a week ago).

There will be transfers out. Think the team was deficient in depth before, wait until all the fall out. But, all the haters get their wish. Pokes will be rebuilding for years to come.
J-Rod
Bronco-Buster

http://www.usatoday.com/story/sports/nc ... n/3796419/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Update. DC fired.
wyokoke
A Real Cowboy

one-smooth-poke wrote:Smith's realizes his draft stock falls with a new coaching staff (his stats will be greatly reduced). Also, his brother will NOT be coming to Wyoming (decisions made a week ago).

There will be transfers out. Think the team was deficient in depth before, wait until all the fall out. But, all the haters get their wish. Pokes will be rebuilding for years to come.
What/who are your sources on this? And its either lose transfers and have some rebuilding to do or be in a state of perpetual poop
YankPoke
Cowpoke

one-smooth-poke wrote:Smith's realizes his draft stock falls with a new coaching staff (his stats will be greatly reduced). Also, his brother will NOT be coming to Wyoming (decisions made a week ago).

He doesn't have much draft stock right now, the best he would do is be a free agent signing after the draft IMO.
wyokoke
A Real Cowboy

YankPoke wrote:

He doesn't have much draft stock right now, the best he would do is be a free agent signing after the draft IMO.
Agreed, if there was a midseason draft he would be first three rounds but the way he and the entire team finished the year killed about everyones stock
J-Rod
Bronco-Buster

At least tell us if you think your sources are reliable. We have quite a few people on this board, people posting in this thread, who have good sources. Who are you talking to?
one-smooth-poke
Ranch Hand

wyokoke wrote:

What/who are your sources on this? And its either lose transfers and have some rebuilding to do or be in a state of perpetual poop
My sources are the same who told me he was fired (while others are saying he was resigning). Watch the fall out. poop just went from bad to worse for our football program. And for the idiots who say Smith has no draft stock, do you actually read papers, follow scouting reports? Smith goes no later than 3rd round. Also, when a certain defensive player quite last week, it wasnt because of CDC, it was because of the uncertainty of the coaching staff. He is transferring because he realizes that the Pokes are gonna suck ass with a new coaching staff.
Poke in Billings
Ranch Hand
Has liked: 1 time

...probably the only option at this point. Douglas over on the expensive board has it right, you can't keep putting coaches on a short leash. The recruits see right through that and it is a big negative. Either we run DC off or give him an extension, but its obvious the fan base won't put up with the extension.
one-smooth-poke
Ranch Hand

J-Rod wrote:

At least tell us if you think your sources are reliable. We have quite a few people on this board, people posting in this thread, who have good sources. Who are you talking to?
Reliable sources. And, has anyone noticed that Smiths dad's tweet's have dropped off? Writing has been on the wall. This is the consequences of all the idiots who wanted him fired (and Burman, cause Burman will likely be resigning or fired before the next seasons football game).

CDC instilled loyalty. Something most of the minions on here do not understand. Just watch the fallout after Christmas.

I, for one, do not blame the players. They were fed a line of poop from the AD, devoted themselves to this program to have the village idiots, the poop sports writers and the athletic department betray them.
YankPoke
Cowpoke

Everything I see about the draft he isn't even listed in the top 15 of quarterbacks, and most places don't have him getting drafted at all.
OneMoreBeer
Buckaroo

one-smooth-poke wrote:Reliable sources. And, has anyone noticed that Smiths dad's tweet's have dropped off? Writing has been on the wall. This is the consequences of all the idiots who wanted him fired (and Burman, cause Burman will likely be resigning or fired before the next seasons football game).

CDC instilled loyalty. Something most of the minions on here do not understand. Just watch the fallout after Christmas.

I, for one, do not blame the players. They were fed a line of poop from the AD, devoted themselves to this program to have the village idiots, the poop sports writers and the athletic department betray them.
So, 27-34 overall and 16-22 in conference over five seasons is everyone else's fault except the head coach's? Got it.
one-smooth-poke
Ranch Hand

YankPoke wrote:Everything I see about the draft he isn't even listed in the top 15 of quarterbacks, and most places don't have him getting drafted at all.
Please, enlighten us with your "draft knowledge" because the 8 different team scouts that were constantly at practice would beg to differ. Guess we will all find out after Christmas break. And for anyone who says "Brett said he was staying, he told me so himself"...he is full of poop and Smith would never advertise he was leaving before the season ended.
one-smooth-poke
Ranch Hand

OneMoreBeer wrote:
one-smooth-poke wrote:Reliable sources. And, has anyone noticed that Smiths dad's tweet's have dropped off? Writing has been on the wall. This is the consequences of all the idiots who wanted him fired (and Burman, cause Burman will likely be resigning or fired before the next seasons football game).

So, 27-34 overall and 16-22 in conference over five seasons is everyone else's fault except the head coach's? Got it.
I didn't say that at all. I said the players were loyal to CDC and that they feel betrayed. The defense has had 3 different coaches and schemes in the same amount of years, players have been injured (hell, 1/2 of the O line was out). But, lets see what happens after Christmas. By the way, to people who think that a quality coach will come here, guess again. Other coaches think of Wyoming as a "must win now or be fired" place.