Jeff Tedford to Wyoming?

Everything Wyoming Cowboy and Mountain West football!
J-Rod
Bronco-Buster

https://twitter.com/BFeldmanCBS/status/ ... 7556630529" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Not sure how I feel about that. He sucked at Cal with great recruits.
seattlecowboy
WyoNation Addict
Has liked: 2 times
Been liked: 16 times

He actually did pretty good his first 8 seasons there and then fell off a little bit the last 3. Might have been a case of just needing a change. Before he got there Cal was one of the worst teams in the country also. He completely turned them around. He is a great coach for QB's.

I wouldn't mind this hire actually. Might be a pretty good one. He went 5-3 in Bowl games.

2002 California 7–5 4–4 T–4th
2003 California 8–6 5–3 T–3rd W Insight
2004 California 10–2 7–1 2nd L Holiday 9 9
2005 California 8–4 4–4 T–4th W Las Vegas 25 25
2006 California 10–3 7–2 T–1st W Holiday 14 14
2007 California 7–6 3–6 T–7th W Armed Forces
2008 California 9–4 6–3 4th W Emerald 25
2009 California 8–5 5–4 T–5th L Poinsettia
2010 California 5–7 3–6 8th
2011 California 7–6 4–5 4th (North) L Holiday
2012 California 3–9 2–7 5th (North)
California: 82–57 50–45
Total: 82–57

Follow me on Twitter for all of your Free/Paid sports wagers all year around. Football, Basketball, Baseball, Hockey, Soccer, Tennis, etc….

488-348 +721 Units won in 6.5 months follow @bet_chase on twitter….
djm19
WyoNation Addict
Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 3 times

He may be a coordinator.
seattlecowboy
WyoNation Addict

djm19 wrote:He may be a coordinator.
I can tell you right now he won't be coming to Wyoming to be a coordinator. Wouldn't make near enough money. He could do better than that.

Follow me on Twitter for all of your Free/Paid sports wagers all year around. Football, Basketball, Baseball, Hockey, Soccer, Tennis, etc….

J-Rod
Bronco-Buster

Cal, regardless of current status, always gets VERY good recruits. I doubt he would translate well to Wyoming. Do not trust those California coaches.

No guys who needed great recruits to succeed!
PokeOLoco
A Real Cowboy

First round QBs: David Carr, Trent Dilfer, Aaron Rodgers, Kyle Boller

Would be awesome for Brett.
“Being around Colorado State, I saw that football wasn’t really a big sport there," Parker said Sunday night.
Cowduck
Cowpoke

Akili Smith, Joey Harrington.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
seattlecowboy
WyoNation Addict

J-Rod wrote:Cal, regardless of current status, always gets VERY good recruits. I doubt he would translate well to Wyoming. Do not trust those California coaches.

No guys who needed great recruits to succeed!
I could see your point but Cal was freaking horrible before he showed up there so I am not sure they were getting any type of good recruits before he showed up there.

mwc fan
Cowpoke

Tedford is a legit coach and a winner. At Cal they did have good recruits, but their admissions for athletes is hardcore. They didnt get the best talent in California. USC would pick their recruits up quickly. So he did a great job while he was there. Look at Cal now 1-11 thats pathetic and their talent is even worse. Tedford had a great run at Cal. Can he translate that winning over to Wyoming? We've got a great offense just need depth on the line and physical receivers. Defense is the area of concern.
ELKMT
A Real Cowboy
Been liked: 6 times

80 wins as a PAC 12 coach? Did I read that right? Ya, WYO should be in!
ELKMT
A Real Cowboy

Double post sorry!
Last edited by ELKMT on Mon Dec 02, 2013 8:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.
hithere
Ranch Hand

seattlecowboy wrote:Cal was freaking horrible before he showed up there so I am not sure they were getting any type of good recruits before he showed up there.
Tosh Lupoi was Tedford's ace recruiter.

Tedford isn't the worst name thrown around so far. At least he has the experience to put together and manage competent assistants. But like always, if no money is there for hiring them, then it won't amount to anything. His biggest knock at Cal was the apparent dip in academics. If no money or help there for him and his staff, also won't amount to a good hire overall.
ProudWYOAlum
Ranch Hand

Tedford would be a home run. He's a proven winner and is fantastic at developing QB's!
MrTitleist
WyoNation Overlord
Has liked: 8 times
Been liked: 33 times

Dip in academics at Berkeley.. if only we could recruit UC-Berkeley type of student athletes..
ImageImageImageImage
Cornpoke
A Real Cowboy

MrTitleist wrote:Dip in academics at Berkeley.. if only we could recruit UC-Berkeley type of student athletes..
Amen :cool: Although I don't remember Cal-Berkeley ever competing for a conference championship.
I'm good for 3!
Wyokie
WyoNation Moderator
Has liked: 36 times
Been liked: 45 times

Cornpoke wrote:
MrTitleist wrote:Dip in academics at Berkeley.. if only we could recruit UC-Berkeley type of student athletes..
Amen :cool: Although I don't remember Cal-Berkeley ever competing for a conference championship.
http://cfbdatawarehouse.com/data/div_ia ... nships.php" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

They did win a share of the 2006 PAC-10 crown and ended up in the Holiday Bowl that year.
I want CHAMPIONSHIPS not chicken poop! And we're getting chicken poop!!!!!!!!!!!
PotatoCreekPete
Cowpoke

Tedford holds lots of records at Cal, like number of bowls and he had something like 40 players drafted into the NFL.....not too shabby...how many have we had from Wyoming in the last 8 years? I don't think that we have any room to complain about his record. He is a California guy, went to Fresno State and has incredible connections. My concerns would be, would he stay and can he recruit to kids to colder climate from places like the PNW and the Mountain Region including Colorado? Could or would Tedford be happy in a place like Laramie?

It does appear that this time around there are some really proven BCS Head Coaches available in Tedford and Mangino, either of which I would feel would be a good get.
ProudWYOAlum
Ranch Hand

Who cares if he "stays"??

If he leaves for a better job that means we WON!
NowherePoke
A Real Cowboy

hithere wrote:
seattlecowboy wrote:Cal was freaking horrible before he showed up there so I am not sure they were getting any type of good recruits before he showed up there.
Tosh Lupoi was Tedford's ace recruiter.

Tedford isn't the worst name thrown around so far. At least he has the experience to put together and manage competent assistants. But like always, if no money is there for hiring them, then it won't amount to anything. His biggest knock at Cal was the apparent dip in academics. If no money or help there for him and his staff, also won't amount to a good hire overall.
That's true of any potential hire though.

I like Tedford as an option. Won more at Cal than anybody else in the last 50 years. Has the connections and experience to build a quality staff (assuming we provide the budget, as noted above).
YankPoke
Cowpoke

Tedford would be a solid hire IMO he won at Cal with a pretty impressive record. The biggest questions is would he like it here and can he recruit to a place like Laramie. My top choice is still Bohl, but Tedford would be a good hire for us as well.