Stating my mind

If you have ideas, questions, or anything, send 'em this way!
kansasCowboy
WyoNation Addict

Everyone on here knows me, and knows I shoot straight. Ive been on here pretty much from the start of this site, starting out as KansanCowboy. I've seen all sorts of stuff on here from "Sunshine pumping" to some just being down right "Dicks". As for me, some like me and some don't. And what I have to say right now may get me banned. Frankly, right now I don't care.
What happened with the "locked" thread is completely appalling. I, aswell as Beav have been personally attacked on here all the time. All because we think positively! We converse and discuss threads only to have some on here interject just to tell us how stupid we are. When we begin to defend ourselves and our "Own Opinion" more and more begin to tare us down. Then we're accused of starting crap! poop!
If we disagree with someone we're accused of attacking them. poop!
What I just watched was moderators favoring a side. I just watched moderators trash someone! That's cause to lock a thread? Then why not lock threads when others are doing it? I just had someone interject with me the other day to call me a "Whinny crybaby" .
This playing favorites thing is a load of crap!
Doc taking over a thread and treating someone like garbage is fine then, huh?
Wyovanian is known for trying to start crap, but that's fine?
Others on here can get real personal in a negative way, but that's okay?
Beaver starts a topic and ends up having to defend himself from everyone including "Moderators" and he's the bad guy?
I can be in the middle of a perfectly fine topic and can get attacked, only to have to spend the rest of the thread defending myself from countless others who thrive on tag teaming, but that's okay?
The name calling needs to stop. Both ways. The worst I've done is call someone a stupid moron, that was grounds for a moderator telling me I needed to cool it. But I just watched moderators completely bash someone, and nothing.
I've been called a Dumbass, a f-word moron, a Complete poop, and much more, yet those that called me that we're never given a warning to cool it.

I'm fine with disagreeing, it makes the world go round. But let's do it fare. Is this to much to ask?
cowboyz
Cowpoke
Been liked: 1 time

In order for posts to not escalate to personal attacks, it's usually best to not engage in "conversations" with the same posters that will attack you or that you will feel the need to attack them. In the past I have given my observation, opinion or shared some news that I hadn't yet seen posted on our favorite Wyoming fan site. Almost always my posts receive replies that are handled in a positive manner. Not meaning that everyone agrees with me, as that seems rare, but that the responses are not attacks. It has happened in the past and I probably responded too personally, but I try not to take that route any longer. With you Kansas, we have disagreed a load with regard to the disaster of a head coach we have ended up with, but I don't feel we've been very negative with one-another at all. In fact, I like your perspective as a head coach. Just as I like Beav's as a present student, Wyovanian's as a long time fan, Doc's as a member of the press, and all the other mixed bag of us that make up this community. And I also like when Laxwyo posts, but that's because I am a fan of his avatar! I used to be a fan of McPeachy's avatars, but he has strayed away from T&A...

Even when we disagree here, we are all cheering the boys when they hit the field. As much as many of us know that this program will only go forward with a coaching change and a loss today will help the process, I'll bet none of us will be cheering against the Pokes at gametime.
BeaverPoke
Bronco-Buster

Not to mention the attacks saying I have psychological problems and need meds. I've asked a certain moderator time and time again to do something only to be ignored, even sent a PM about it, to be ignored again.
That's hardly moderating. That's picking a side.
And yet I get told to grow up and quit name calling and stop using the F bomb because I'm the problem.
If you ever need to laugh, just remember there was some idiot who wanted Bohl fired after 2 seasons.
spindoctor02
WyoNation Moderator

I'm not going to speak for the other moderators, but if I start seeing personal attacks (from either side) or posts that do nothing but try to incite anger or derail a thread, I'll do what I can to stop it. This includes locking or moving threads to their proper forum. If you want to talk smack to another user, take it to the Smack Talk forum. If you want to discuss (in a civil manner) Cowboys Football, then post in that forum.

I apologize that I let things get this out of control. I haven't been able to follow as closely this season until just recently. My inbox is always open, so if you have a concern, feel free to send me a PM.
WYCowboy
WyoNation Moderator
Has liked: 6 times
Been liked: 2 times

This thread has nothing to do with football, so it is being moved to the proper forum.
You can tell how big a person is by what it takes to discourage him/her.
YankPoke
Cowpoke

spindoctor02 wrote:I'm not going to speak for the other moderators, but if I start seeing personal attacks (from either side) or posts that do nothing but try to incite anger or derail a thread, I'll do what I can to stop it. This includes locking or moving threads to their proper forum. If you want to talk smack to another user, take it to the Smack Talk forum. If you want to discuss (in a civil manner) Cowboys Football, then post in that forum.

I apologize that I let things get this out of control. I haven't been able to follow as closely this season until just recently. My inbox is always open, so if you have a concern, feel free to send me a PM.

Thank you! That is all that I personally ask is that there is no side picking and that you try to cool off whoever is starting the problem. I know Beav gets heated sometimes, and sometimes he does start it, but a lot of the time people just want to attack him for being overly positive. It has seemed like some of the mods were taking sides against Beaver and supporting the other side of it. I used to love this board to have nice discussions and get news about Wyoming athletics and now it is just personal attacks left and right. We all know who the instigators are, and I don't want to play the blame game because that won't get us anywhere. All I ask is that the mods stay in the middle and try to stop this crap of all these personal attacks.
MrTitleist
WyoNation Overlord
Has liked: 8 times
Been liked: 31 times

YankPoke wrote:Thank you! That is all that I personally ask is that there is no side picking and that you try to cool off whoever is starting the problem. I know Beav gets heated sometimes, and sometimes he does start it, but a lot of the time people just want to attack him for being overly positive. It has seemed like some of the mods were taking sides against Beaver and supporting the other side of it. I used to love this board to have nice discussions and get news about Wyoming athletics and now it is just personal attacks left and right. We all know who the instigators are, and I don't want to play the blame game because that won't get us anywhere. All I ask is that the mods stay in the middle and try to stop this crap of all these personal attacks.
Yes, the mods need to remain neutral in these cases. We have a thread going in the mod forum talking about it. Some behavior from mods was out of line and I'm fixing it.

Also if these nasty exchanges continue I'm going to start getting more heavy-handed around here. I've let this place pretty much run itself for 6 years, but if people can't start treating each other decently then I'll have to do more, which I don't want to do.
ImageImageImageImage
Aaron
A Real Cowboy

I agree with some of you in this thread and I like Mr. Honcho's response to his mods but mostly I like tacos. :thumb:
MrTitleist
WyoNation Overlord
Has liked: 8 times
Been liked: 31 times

I'd kill for a good taco right now.
ImageImageImageImage
kdwrightuwyo
A Real Cowboy

Mellow Mushroom for dinner...yumm.

And peace, not war. Love thy neighbor...and Dino is a dick.
fromolwyoming
WyoNation Lifer
Has liked: 1 time

MrTitleist wrote:I'd kill for a good taco right now.
Tacos and me have not been getting along lately. Don't know why.

Could go for a burger though.
YankPoke
Cowpoke

MrTitleist wrote:
YankPoke wrote:Thank you! That is all that I personally ask is that there is no side picking and that you try to cool off whoever is starting the problem. I know Beav gets heated sometimes, and sometimes he does start it, but a lot of the time people just want to attack him for being overly positive. It has seemed like some of the mods were taking sides against Beaver and supporting the other side of it. I used to love this board to have nice discussions and get news about Wyoming athletics and now it is just personal attacks left and right. We all know who the instigators are, and I don't want to play the blame game because that won't get us anywhere. All I ask is that the mods stay in the middle and try to stop this crap of all these personal attacks.
Yes, the mods need to remain neutral in these cases. We have a thread going in the mod forum talking about it. Some behavior from mods was out of line and I'm fixing it.

Also if these nasty exchanges continue I'm going to start getting more heavy-handed around here. I've let this place pretty much run itself for 6 years, but if people can't start treating each other decently then I'll have to do more, which I don't want to do.
Thanks Titleist that is good to hear!
alyssa
A Real Cowboy

I visit several different message boards and quite often receive personal attacks too including racism. I've never complained to any moderator before. I figure they should see it and stop it but it hasn't happened yet so I draw the conclusion that it is their beliefs as well. It shows me how little so many people know. And the racism part is something I can't stand but have dealt with my whole life. It mostly comes from ignorance by others but sometimes it is just pure hatred by some. C'est la vie.............
fromolwyoming
WyoNation Lifer

alyssa wrote:I visit several different message boards and quite often receive personal attacks too including racism. I've never complained to any moderator before. I figure they should see it and stop it but it hasn't happened yet so I draw the conclusion that it is their beliefs as well. It shows me how little so many people know. And the racism part is something I can't stand but have dealt with my whole life. It mostly comes from ignorance by others but sometimes it is just pure hatred by some. C'est la vie.............
I only frequent a couple boards, including this one. I've gotten lucky that they are not that bad. The MWC board has a mentally ill poster that keeps coming up from time to time, claiming to be one guy and clamoring for his original account to be unbanned (guy went nuts after a Ute poster posted a video from a movie a few years back and hasn't let go). Another board has people from all over the world on it, with a little bit of trolling/spamming (not ads, just random conversations), and used to have one really racist guy who has since been banned for 4 years (a Brit, oddly enough). Here, we have the occassional Russian adult tv site spam and east popcorn. The final site is for fans of the book series Wheel of Time, by Robert Jordan (Asmodeanreborn's screen name comes from that series), and at worst, you have one person that calls you a troll or idiot for disagreeing with her, but otherwise a pretty good site.
whyoh
WyoNation Addict

kdwrightuwyo wrote:Mellow Mushroom for dinner...yumm.

do keep in mind that dino has built his career around being a dick
disclaimer: I could be wrong. I've done it before...I'll probably do it again.

a high fallootin'...rootin' tootin' sonofa gun from 'ol WYOMIN'
fromolwyoming
WyoNation Lifer

whyoh wrote:
kdwrightuwyo wrote:Mellow Mushroom for dinner...yumm.

do keep in mind that dino has built his career around being a dick
Shock jocks are on par with "shock and awe" acts like Lady Gaga and Miley Cyrus. Only difference is, one caters to hormone driven fan girls, the other caters to hormone driven rednecks.
WYCowboy
WyoNation Moderator
Has liked: 6 times

PaulColeman wrote:I am new to this forum. I pretty much liked your website. Hopefully waiting for more good post.
Welcome to the board Paul. Are you a Wyoming Cowboy fan?
You can tell how big a person is by what it takes to discourage him/her.
Mckenny87sj
Buckaroo

WYCowboy wrote:
PaulColeman wrote:I am new to this forum. I pretty much liked your website. Hopefully waiting for more good post.
I am, my friend. Just moved to Wyo 2 weeks ago and found this forum. Awesome. :lol: :lol:
laxwyo
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 128 times
Been liked: 134 times

Mckenny87sj wrote:
WYCowboy wrote:
I am, my friend. Just moved to Wyo 2 weeks ago and found this forum. Awesome. :lol: :lol:
Welcome to Wyoming!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
W-Y, Until I Die!