Fire Bohl!!

Everything Wyoming Cowboy and Mountain West football!
LawPoke
A Real Cowboy
Has liked: 74 times
Been liked: 80 times

ragtimejoe1 wrote: Sun Nov 28, 2021 9:25 pm
WestWYOPoke wrote: Sun Nov 28, 2021 7:54 pm If Wyo hired Sumlin, tell someone at the state liquor department to up the orders for Laramie. He's one of the biggest drinkers in college coaching. At A&M (likely Arizona too) he had a person who's sole job was to drive him around and keep him out of trouble.
Yeah, we're not hiring Sumlin or anyone else other than Bohl. However, if we did and they could actually win, their drinking habits would'nt concern me much. The WYO jack mormons? Maybe.
Sumlin is not the answer. Someone like him, in terms of resume, might be. A coach that has coached at a larger school that simply did not pan out - but that has connections to TX and CA recruiting and is willing to push the door open into the transfer portal to fill needs. Bohl's obstinance when it comes to his demand that we stay "a developmental" program and flip a perpetual bird at transfers is one of my bigger pain points with him. I see the transfer portal as a key third path to getting quality players - the others being direct recruiting and a walk-on program. For the life of me, I cannot understand why he is so opposed to looking at the portal. It is so different today that it was even a year ago. To me, you go wherever there are good players - Bill Snyder built KState on JC Transfers (which, at the time, was a functional transfer portal for players that didn't want to burn a year and sit while not playing). Bohl is a proud fossil...which is only slightly more interesting than a proud steer and just as ineffective.

Oh well, back to coaching Little League.
WyoVaquero
Ranch Hand
Been liked: 11 times

Sumlin is not the answer. He would be a last resort to call if Burman could not find anybody. Honestly, I think Hazleton would be the guy to call first. We would probably have to pay him 2 million for him to come, but I would look at him. The positive thing that Bohl did do, is that he proved you can recruit quality players to Wyoming.
Mtpoke89
Ranch Hand

I like Bohl a lot, but I think it's about time the guy retires. These bad losses are just really starting to be unacceptable. He had helped us steer the ship in the right direction, but I don't think he can get us to the finish line.
I hated him when he was at YBU but bronco Mendenhall stepped down from UV. In his 50's and a connection at West. He did really well when he was in the MW.
laxwyo
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 128 times
Been liked: 134 times

I wouldn't mind if he retired and I'm grateful he came in and turned us on a better trajectory. I'm not ready to call for his firing. I don't mind a 7-5 season if we do well in conference but lost some non conference games. We were 4-0 going into conference season! We could have had a 10-2 or 9-3 if we just be the bottom half of the conference. Disappointing. I really think our O will be better next year if we keep everyone. I just hope our D doesn't really start failing us. poop better be different next year (yeah i know, we've heard it before)
W-Y, Until I Die!
jessejames02
Ranch Hand

laxwyo wrote: Fri Dec 03, 2021 12:01 am … I don't mind a 7-5 season if we do well in conference but lost some non conference games. We were 4-0 going into conference season! We could have had a 10-2 or 9-3 if we just be the bottom half of the conference. Disappointing. I really think our O will be better next year if we keep everyone. …
I can’t tell if you’re trolling us.
52-56
Wyokie
WyoNation Moderator
Has liked: 35 times
Been liked: 42 times

jessejames02 wrote: Fri Dec 03, 2021 2:38 pm
laxwyo wrote: Fri Dec 03, 2021 12:01 am … I don't mind a 7-5 season if we do well in conference but lost some non conference games. We were 4-0 going into conference season! We could have had a 10-2 or 9-3 if we just be the bottom half of the conference. Disappointing. I really think our O will be better next year if we keep everyone. …
I can’t tell if you’re trolling us.
If trolling...I give 3.5 stars outta 5.
I want CHAMPIONSHIPS not chicken poop! And we're getting chicken poop!!!!!!!!!!!