Well now.

Everything Wyoming Cowboy and Mountain West football!
fromolwyoming
WyoNation Lifer
Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 2 times

A lot of us, even the board owners, visit the mwcboard at least every so often. Its established, has a number of fans from each school, and you get insight to the rest of the conference. And the board has been going in one form or another for a long time. Longer than most websites. The previous owner, a UNR fan known as Mugtang, recently sold the board to a BSU fan, Jeffkills. Jeff isn't the most active, but he would normally frequent the site enough. And now, it seems, he forgot to pay the host services. So the board has been down the whole day.

I've said it before, and I'll say it again; somehow, someway, its always B(insert Y or S here)U's fault!
MrTitleist
WyoNation Overlord
Has liked: 8 times
Been liked: 31 times

I think it's weird that MWC board will never tweet, then randomly tweet out a link to some very political topic that's happening on their board, and nothing else. I like mugtang though.. him and I talked about doing some collab work a few years ago involving MWCboard and the CFB Stats website he started.
ImageImageImageImage
Cornpoke
A Real Cowboy
Been liked: 6 times

MrTitleist wrote: Wed Jan 19, 2022 8:58 am I think it's weird that MWC board will never tweet, then randomly tweet out a link to some very political topic that's happening on their board, and nothing else. I like mugtang though.. him and I talked about doing some collab work a few years ago involving MWCboard and the CFB Stats website he started.
You should take over the MWC board.
I'm good for 3!
phxpoke
A Real Cowboy
Has liked: 31 times
Been liked: 14 times

I have always enjoyed visiting that board. It's fun to talk smack with fans from other teams, and getting different viewpoints. Glad to see the board is up and running again.
MrTitleist
WyoNation Overlord

Cornpoke wrote: Wed Jan 19, 2022 9:12 am
MrTitleist wrote: Wed Jan 19, 2022 8:58 am I think it's weird that MWC board will never tweet, then randomly tweet out a link to some very political topic that's happening on their board, and nothing else. I like mugtang though.. him and I talked about doing some collab work a few years ago involving MWCboard and the CFB Stats website he started.
You should take over the MWC board.
Tried to a few years ago. Now... eff. I don't even have time to put blogs on this site, much less take over a very needy message board. lol.
ImageImageImageImage
Subcanis
A Real Cowboy

Mug seemed to run it pretty well.

Jeff has been on my ignore list for years. So…. Yeah.
"I never saw a buckin' hoss to top Steamboat. Fact is, he was the closest thing to perpetual motion that ever wore hair. Few men could stand that kind of battering without bleeding from the nose, and most became nauseated as well. Ol' Steamboat put some of the toughest into the hospital for repairs."
fromolwyoming
WyoNation Lifer

Well, the board is back for another month, thanks to retrofade, a Fresno fan, paying the bill. But it seems Jeff has now made it where a second party cannot do that again. And all attempts to contact him go unanswered...

Yeah, really missing mugtang as the owner of that board.
MrTitleist
WyoNation Overlord

Just remembering this because it was so bad, but when MWCboard wouldn't sell to Chris and I we started our own MWC website (some of you may remember it), very little traffic, we eventually shut it down because it wasn't viable. Too bad we couldn't make that work.
ImageImageImageImage
Subcanis
A Real Cowboy

MrTitleist wrote: Fri Jan 21, 2022 6:39 pm Just remembering this because it was so bad, but when MWCboard wouldn't sell to Chris and I we started our own MWC website (some of you may remember it), very little traffic, we eventually shut it down because it wasn't viable. Too bad we couldn't make that work.
Might dust that thing off just in case.
"I never saw a buckin' hoss to top Steamboat. Fact is, he was the closest thing to perpetual motion that ever wore hair. Few men could stand that kind of battering without bleeding from the nose, and most became nauseated as well. Ol' Steamboat put some of the toughest into the hospital for repairs."
MrTitleist
WyoNation Overlord

Subcanis wrote: Sat Jan 22, 2022 5:06 am
MrTitleist wrote: Fri Jan 21, 2022 6:39 pm Just remembering this because it was so bad, but when MWCboard wouldn't sell to Chris and I we started our own MWC website (some of you may remember it), very little traffic, we eventually shut it down because it wasn't viable. Too bad we couldn't make that work.
Uhhhh.... we kind of killed it. And the brains behind the operation kinda started his own tavern and added a wife and two kids to his agenda as well, sooooo... I doubt that'll happen unless I get -really- motivated.
ImageImageImageImage
Subcanis
A Real Cowboy

MrTitleist wrote: Sat Jan 22, 2022 10:42 am
Subcanis wrote: Sat Jan 22, 2022 5:06 am
Uhhhh.... we kind of killed it. And the brains behind the operation kinda started his own tavern and added a wife and two kids to his agenda as well, sooooo... I doubt that'll happen unless I get -really- motivated.
Gotcha.

From what I understand the owner has not only blocked the folks actually paying the bills but has flat out refused to entertain selling the board to someone to carry on. If he winds up getting incarcerated for his shenanigans it could be the death of the what is supposed to be the longest running conference message board on the interwebs.
Asmodeanreborn
Bronco-Buster
Been liked: 23 times

Subcanis wrote: Sat Jan 22, 2022 11:34 amIf he winds up getting incarcerated for his shenanigans
Incarcerated? What did the moron do?
fromolwyoming
WyoNation Lifer

Asmodeanreborn wrote: Sat Jan 22, 2022 12:54 pm
Subcanis wrote: Sat Jan 22, 2022 11:34 amIf he winds up getting incarcerated for his shenanigans
No idea. But it seems he's running for Governor in Idaho.
HR_Poke
Cowpoke
Been liked: 1 time

Felony drug possession and endangering a child per the arrest report.

My guess is a DUI while on drugs with his kid in the car.
phxpoke
A Real Cowboy
Has liked: 31 times
Been liked: 14 times

HR_Poke wrote: Sat Jan 22, 2022 7:47 pm
Felony drug possession and endangering a child per the arrest report.

My guess is a DUI while on drugs with his kid in the car.
That is a pretty serious accusation. Do you have a link to any of this?