Scrimmage

Everything Wyoming Cowboy and Mountain West football!
jwy_poke
Buckaroo

Any details from the scrimmage yesterday?
laxwyo
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 128 times
Been liked: 134 times

I think Bohl usually gives scrimmage updates on Monday
W-Y, Until I Die!
LanderPoke
WyoNation Lifer
Has liked: 586 times
Been liked: 236 times

This is one of the worst parts of Bohl. No access to anything
LawPoke
A Real Cowboy
Has liked: 74 times
Been liked: 80 times

LanderPoke wrote: Sun Aug 14, 2022 8:46 pm This is one of the worst parts of Bohl. No access to anything
I agree. It isn't like they are drawing up any wild offensive plays or anything new during practice anyway. The near decade of his tenure here would suggest that what we saw in Year 1 is exactly what we will see in Year 9.

To use a Coach Wicks phrase, I don't feel any "juice" coming out of the Wyoming football program right now.
laxwyo
Bronco-Buster

LawPoke wrote: Mon Aug 15, 2022 9:49 am
LanderPoke wrote: Sun Aug 14, 2022 8:46 pm This is one of the worst parts of Bohl. No access to anything
I agree. It isn't like they are drawing up any wild offensive plays or anything new during practice anyway. The near decade of his tenure here would suggest that what we saw in Year 1 is exactly what we will see in Year 9.

To use a Coach Wicks phrase, I don't feel any "juice" coming out of the Wyoming football program right now.
whaaaaaaaat? I'm sure he just doesn't want us to see all the flea flickers, fake punts, fake fgs they're working on.

Speaking of, has bohl ever faked a punt, fg or had a flea flicker? I can't think of any
W-Y, Until I Die!
WYO1016
WyoNation Addict
Has liked: 34 times
Been liked: 101 times

OrediggerPoke
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 52 times
Been liked: 213 times

laxwyo wrote: Mon Aug 15, 2022 12:33 pm

whaaaaaaaat? I'm sure he just doesn't want us to see all the flea flickers, fake punts, fake fgs they're working on.

Speaking of, has bohl ever faked a punt, fg or had a flea flicker? I can't think of any
Yes, a couple of times if I recall correctly with poor results. The one I recall off the top of my head was a fake field goal that went nowhere against BYU in the Poinsettia Bowl and that was costly. The Pokes ended up losing the game by 3 points.
OrediggerPoke
Bronco-Buster

WYO1016 wrote: Mon Aug 15, 2022 12:34 pm
poop.
LanderPoke
WyoNation Lifer

laxwyo wrote: Mon Aug 15, 2022 12:33 pm

Josh's last year he was injured on a flea flicker by a cheap shotting cadet. Damn them to hell. In 2015 against UNLV , the last game of the year, there was a flea flicker called, as well. Those are the only two flea flickers that I can remember in 9 years.
laxwyo
Bronco-Buster

OrediggerPoke wrote: Mon Aug 15, 2022 12:40 pm
WYO1016 wrote: Mon Aug 15, 2022 12:34 pm
poop.
This is because they just wrote an article about how injury free that had been

Poor kid. Sounds like he had been working his ass off
W-Y, Until I Die!
ragtimejoe1
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 20 times
Been liked: 116 times

It does make it hard to follow the program.
WYO1016 wrote: Fri Dec 08, 2023 8:10 am I'm starting to think that Burman has been laying the pipe to ragtimejoe1's wife
Insults are the last resort of fools with a crumbling position.
OrediggerPoke
Bronco-Buster

Bohl stated that a certain punter has separated himself from the crowd but that he won’t be disclosing who that person might be until the depth chart comes out. This is so stupid…I mean come on, Illinois could care less who is punting the ball.

https://7220sports.com/pokes-practice-r ... &fs=e&s=cl
bullbugle307
Ranch Hand
Has liked: 8 times
Been liked: 21 times

I don't even think this is about trying to preserve some competitive advantage. It's about trying to control the media narrative as much as possible. Once the season starts, the product on the field will speak for itself.

I don't know why I was "optimistic" and picked us to win 5 games. I'm thinking 2-4 is probably more realistic at this point. This BS of super secret punters reeks.
When the going gets weird, the weird turn pro.

Hunter S. Thompson
Subcanis
A Real Cowboy

OrediggerPoke wrote: Tue Aug 16, 2022 7:44 am
Bohl stated that a certain punter has separated himself from the crowd but that he won’t be disclosing who that person might be until the depth chart comes out. This is so stupid…I mean come on, Illinois could care less who is punting the ball.

They may actually. Seems like maybe Bohl is expecting he’ll be on the field a lot.

Or he’s just doubling down on the stubborn old curmudgeon routine.

Either way, yawn.
"I never saw a buckin' hoss to top Steamboat. Fact is, he was the closest thing to perpetual motion that ever wore hair. Few men could stand that kind of battering without bleeding from the nose, and most became nauseated as well. Ol' Steamboat put some of the toughest into the hospital for repairs."
LanderPoke
WyoNation Lifer

Keep them cards close to the vest…. or something
LawPoke
A Real Cowboy
Has liked: 74 times
Been liked: 80 times

LanderPoke wrote: Tue Aug 16, 2022 9:03 pm

Classic Bohl - and it is getting old. Really goddam old. Read the room, Craig. You have waning support from the fanbase and are suffering a huge enthusiasm gap for the 2022 season. Few are talking about football and you are less than two weeks from kickoff in Cham-bana. Ol' Ball Coach needs to generate excitement wherever he can get it. If the kids in the media are clamoring for intel on a punter, that tells you all you need to know about where you stand going into the 2022 campaign.
McPeachy
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 291 times
Been liked: 115 times

LawPoke wrote: Wed Aug 17, 2022 8:31 am
LanderPoke wrote: Tue Aug 16, 2022 9:03 pm

Classic Bohl - and it is getting old. Really goddam old. Read the room, Craig. You have waning support from the fanbase and are suffering a huge enthusiasm gap for the 2022 season. Few are talking about football and you are less than two weeks from kickoff in Cham-bana. Ol' Ball Coach needs to generate excitement wherever he can get it. If the kids in the media are clamoring for intel on a punter, that tells you all you need to know about where you stand going into the 2022 campaign.
You have to start to at least wonder, if 'ol Bohly will just take his 13.5 million in salary over the past 9 years, and say "f-word YOU". Seems like he is paving the way...
Dear Karma,

I have a list of people you missed...
laxwyo
Bronco-Buster

The other really poop part is the reporters don't have anything to write. They all basically get to write about the same press conference and there's zero variety. I wish they'd let them watch more so more astute reporters could report on their observations and not only what bohl says.
W-Y, Until I Die!