BYU and Wyoming have an intense, unfriendly, animosity-filled football history. Is the rivalry back?

Everything Wyoming Cowboy and Mountain West football!
PokesArePeopleToo
Ranch Hand
Been liked: 12 times

stymeman
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 4 times
Been liked: 42 times

The dispise is still there but no rivalry anymore since they don't play enough anymore, fun to reminisce
WyoVaquero
Ranch Hand
Been liked: 11 times

No.
Outlaw Arthur Morgan
Ranch Hand
Has liked: 15 times

Smartest thing we could do is show up with a bunch of black armbands saying "black 14" and some brass knuckles. Once they start punching our nuts, hit them with the brass.

Hell, we could take an old one from CSU's playbook (with modifications)

1. Show up late
2. Have the team run through their student section
3. Declare the entire team as captains for the coin toss
4. Practice this week running the triple option and take them by suprise
5. After victory, get on the megaphone and declare God's on our side. We came from God's country to play the sinners.
PokesArePeopleToo
Ranch Hand
Been liked: 12 times

I'm actually hoping that the boys can go out there tonight and win one with the memory of Lloyd Eaton on their minds. The unfair and hypocritical abuse this man and his family has taken throughout the years is more than unjustified. Win this one for Lloyd boys.

Go Pokes!
Outlaw Arthur Morgan
Ranch Hand

PokesArePeopleToo wrote: Sat Sep 24, 2022 11:59 am I'm actually hoping that the boys can go out there tonight and win one with the memory of Lloyd Eaton on their minds. The unfair and hypocritical abuse this man and his family has taken throughout the years is more than unjustified. Win this one for Lloyd boys.

Go Pokes!
Uh no. Win this one for the State/University, or anything else. While it is easy to put the blame on BYU for that incident, Eaton could have opened his mind up a bit, and we wouldn't have this blemish.
OrediggerPoke
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 52 times
Been liked: 213 times

Outlaw Arthur Morgan wrote: Sat Sep 24, 2022 12:04 pm
PokesArePeopleToo wrote: Sat Sep 24, 2022 11:59 am I'm actually hoping that the boys can go out there tonight and win one with the memory of Lloyd Eaton on their minds. The unfair and hypocritical abuse this man and his family has taken throughout the years is more than unjustified. Win this one for Lloyd boys.

Go Pokes!
Uh no. Win this one for the State/University, or anything else. While it is easy to put the blame on BYU for that incident, Eaton could have opened his mind up a bit, and we wouldn't have this blemish.
Don't feed this POS byu fan that joined this week and is masquerading as Pokes fan. I can't wait until this game is over and those ******** are gone forever.
OrediggerPoke
Bronco-Buster

Go Pokes!
F*** off, really!!
LanderPoke
WyoNation Lifer
Has liked: 586 times
Been liked: 236 times

No. Rivalry over. BYU can rot
Itsux2beaewe
A Real Cowboy
Has liked: 275 times
Been liked: 119 times

Outlaw Arthur Morgan wrote: Sat Sep 24, 2022 11:39 am Smartest thing we could do is show up with a bunch of black armbands saying "black 14" and some brass knuckles. Once they start punching our nuts, hit them with the brass.

1. Show up late
5. After victory, get on the megaphone and declare God's on our side. We came from God's country to play the sinners.
Now BYu is going to save face and “honor” (ugh, BS, fake fake fake) the Black 14. Can’t stand their fakeness.
Itsux2beaewe
A Real Cowboy

Go Pokes!
Go away you moron POS BYU bot!!!!!
GoPokes86
Cowpoke
Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 10 times

Itsux2beaewe wrote: Sat Sep 24, 2022 3:27 pm
Outlaw Arthur Morgan wrote: Sat Sep 24, 2022 11:39 am Smartest thing we could do is show up with a bunch of black armbands saying "black 14" and some brass knuckles. Once they start punching our nuts, hit them with the brass.

1. Show up late
Now BYu is going to save face and “honor” (ugh, BS, fake fake fake) the Black 14. Can’t stand their fakeness.
Yep, insincere hogwash here.
Outlaw Arthur Morgan
Ranch Hand

GoPokes86 wrote: Sat Sep 24, 2022 4:21 pm
Itsux2beaewe wrote: Sat Sep 24, 2022 3:27 pm

1. Show up late
Nah - just unrealistic hogwash. Doesn't make me not a Poke fan though. It really was Tongue in Cheek. Sorry if I offended you. Bohl is fairly respectful and classy. And none of that would happen under him. 3 yards and a cloud of dust * 3 followed by a punt - sure!
OrediggerPoke
Bronco-Buster

Outlaw Arthur Morgan wrote: Sat Sep 24, 2022 5:39 pm
Nah - just unrealistic hogwash. Doesn't make me not a Poke fan though. It really was Tongue in Cheek. Sorry if I offended you. Bohl is fairly respectful and classy. And none of that would happen under him. 3 yards and a cloud of dust * 3 followed by a punt - sure!
I interpreted it as he was talking about BYU’s black 14 recognition.

Personally, I see byu merely using it as an opportunity to promote itself. BYU always has its self interest first. But I see any opportunity for these former players to further let the world know their story and how they were wrongly treated as a good thing. So I’m happy for the recognition for these players even if it is in Provo.
Itsux2beaewe
A Real Cowboy

OrediggerPoke wrote: Sat Sep 24, 2022 5:52 pm

Personally, I see byu merely using it as an opportunity to promote itself. BYU always has its self interest first. But I see any opportunity for these former players to further let the world know their story and how they were wrongly treated as a good thing. So I’m happy for the recognition for these players even if it is in Provo.
Happy as well for the players. Insincere at best of BYU and exactly what you would expect from them. Most of their fans didn’t feel anything was wrong with their actions.

Fake fake fake…….
Outlaw Arthur Morgan
Ranch Hand

OrediggerPoke wrote: Sat Sep 24, 2022 5:52 pm

Gotcha. I took it wrong. I agree with you. +1. I actually need to go over to a thread where djm19 posted and apologize to him. I don't have a problem with LDS. But I'll troll the hell out of BYU. There is a subtle difference, and that line is easy to cross.

If you want to poke some fun at me, i decided the other day to tell my wife the supreme court overturned the 19th amendment (that can't happen - and I actually expected to be killed for that joke). She said - yeah, whatever and moved on.

It's a constitutional right to be able to associate with your religion. It should be a crime to be BYU.