Air Force beats TCU

Everything Wyoming Cowboy and Mountain West football!
J-Rod
Bronco-Buster

One contender down early, another is born...........
MrTitleist
WyoNation Overlord
Has liked: 8 times
Been liked: 32 times

Wow.. upset. That's pretty shocking, actually.
ImageImageImageImage
Wyokie
WyoNation Moderator
Has liked: 36 times
Been liked: 43 times

And we have to travel to Colorado Springs to play the Falcons in October.
I want CHAMPIONSHIPS not chicken poop! And we're getting chicken poop!!!!!!!!!!!
MrTitleist
WyoNation Overlord

You know, I really like Air Force's option offense.. it's the funnest offense to watch.
ImageImageImageImage
uhwarrior23
Ranch Hand

Wow, what an upset. AF looks like they've bought into their new HC's strategy real quick.
Colt Brennan= Future Hall of Famer!!!!!!!!!
MrTitleist
WyoNation Overlord

What offense are they running now? Triple option or something other offense?
ImageImageImageImage
Wyokie
WyoNation Moderator
Has liked: 36 times
Been liked: 43 times

Didn't they get rid of the option?
I want CHAMPIONSHIPS not chicken poop! And we're getting chicken poop!!!!!!!!!!!
uhwarrior23
Ranch Hand

Wyokie wrote:Didn't they get rid of the option?
Yup, they ran a lot of shotgun w/ 3-4 WR's. A lot of rollouts by their QB, Carney. They still run the triple option very seldomly. They actually had a 75 yd TD run to tie the game late in the 4th qtr which was off the triple option.
Colt Brennan= Future Hall of Famer!!!!!!!!!
WyoCow85
Buckaroo

Tougn to decide how I feel about this. Coming in to the season, I felt like TCU was the only team above and beyond Wyoming on paper. They have looked very pedestrian the past two weeks, and are 1-2 (0-1). But the other side of this story is that AFA is 3-0 (2-0), and has already knocked off TCU and Utah!! There is no reason to believe this team cant win this conference at this point. Coming in I thought they would battle SDSU for second to last. Wow. It should noted TCU is without Aaron Brown, MWC pre season offensive player of the year. Im not sure when or if he is expected to return, but I imagine that could make a huge difference as their defense still looks soild. I find it interesting that TCU is like 31-0 when they hold their opponent to 17 or less, and they lost 20-17 tonight! Anyways, this season is shaking out a lot like last, so we will just have to wait and see. TCU choked two early ones last year too after being pegged as pre season #1, and AFA started like 4-1 last season. I dont see BYU running away with anything this year, as teams are focused on them early, instead of just after they win 3-4. Utah looks weak as of now, which is actually too bad because its due to injuries more then anything. SDSU looks to be down as usual, and New Mexico looks like usual. Average. I dont know what to think of CSU and UNLV. Both looked real strong against top 10 opponents, but they were at home. Its really hard to blow people out on the road no matter who you are, you just go in looking for a W, anyway you can get it. UNLV also struggled with USU, and CSU couldn't match CU, so you'd have to guess middle of the pack is where they seem to be headed. For the first time in a while I think its all up to the boys in brown and gold if they really want it. BYU, TCU, AFA, and maybe others will certainly be there all season, and Wyoming is going to have to be everything we think and hope they are, and probably more to get it done, but its realistic this year boys and girls! Saturday will tell a lot. Strongest oppenent to date, and road test.
GO POKES! ....A win Saturday with the way other MWC games are playing out would turn a lot of heads north and east around this conference!