Boise Cheating??? wtf...

Everything Wyoming Cowboy and Mountain West football!
dapokes
Ranch Hand

Okay, I just read that Boise St. used artificial crowd noise in the first half of the game through the speaker system... its not a rumor, all of the coaches and players heard it.. Glenn is pissed because he already gives credit to the fans of BSU..

How is that fair?
wyopokesfan23
Ranch Hand

Statesman staff - Idaho Statesman
Edition Date: 09/16/07

In his postgame press conference, Wyoming coach Joe Glenn complained that Boise State was pumped in crowd noise during the Broncos' 24-14 victory at Bronco Stadium.
"It didn't cost us the game, but they were pumping crowd noise into the speakers in the first half. Our coaches could hear it, and they turned it off in the second half," Glenn said.

"That's not right. You don't do that stuff. That's against the law, against the rules. It's trying to gain an unfair advantage. But that didn't cost us the game. The real crowd was good enough, they didn't need to add to it."

The Broncos drew 30,199 fans for Saturday's game.

Brad Larrondo, Boise State's senior assistant athletic director for promotions and marketing, said Wyoming complained at halftime about the horse and stampede sound that Boise State plays before third downs.

Teams are allowed to play the sounds until a team breaks its huddle, Larrondo said. But the Cowboys rarely huddled in the game, often going to the line of scrimmage and getting their play from the sideline.

Boise State stopped using the sound at halftime.

Wyoming had two procedure penalties, one on third down, in the first half and was forced to use a timeout as the play clock was winding down.
blueandorangefish
Buckaroo

Coach Pete confirmed that there was in fact NO crowd noise pumped through the PA. The crowd was just really loud.
dapokes
Ranch Hand

Of course your coach would say that. Quite frankly, I think your coach is classless..Going for it on 4th and long twice in the 4th quarter...
Theres a reason why our Coach has no respect for yours..he did that last time we played in Boise...trying to run up the score, even when he was Offensive coordinator..
Theres no doubt in my mind that your coach would say that
Kansan Cowboy!
Ranch Hand

There is no reason for bad blood here. Seriously. Cut it out! They beat us. That's all. And they didn't do it the way they thought they would. Johnson wasn't even a factor 23 carries 83 yards. We gave the game away with our stupid Offensive play calling. Crowd or not. If we have plays called like we did no doubt we'll lose.
WyoCheese
Buckaroo

I was at the game and can attest that there was loud noise coming through the speakers quite often when Wyoming was on Offense. I think it was a sound effect associated with some horse hooves pounding on the ground, but thier entire stadium is the crappiest thing in the world right now, (due to improvements being made) so the sound pretty much sounded like loud "white noise" and it was being played at times it should have been shut off apparently because it changed in the 2nd half.

To echo coach Glenn, this is not the reason we lost...not even close. Coach Glenn said "they we're too good for us" and that sums it up entirely. I have to agree with dapokes that the BSU coaches are classless. It's too bad I have zero respect for the program because thier fans are the coolest group of preople I've met on the road. Those boys can party...and they do it right.

I hope BSU enjoys the rest of thier of thier WAC pillowfights...there's a good article in Saturdays Idaho Statesman that pretty much has endless quotes about how bad they want into the MWC but for some reason can't get in. I hope they enjoy the view from the outside looking in.
J-Rod
Bronco-Buster

Doesn't really matter now does it?
tttgowyo
Ranch Hand

I agree that the fake noise was not the reason we lost, could it have attributed to a couple penalties? Maybe, but we can't blame the game on that. We do need to look at our play calling, I was not happy. Hopefully we can get the train back on the tracks and tear into the MWC. It looks like Utah is going to be a tough one now too.. That was a good win for our conference.

GO POKES!!
WyoCheese
Buckaroo

From my cheap seats, it looked like we were having SOME luck on the 5-10 yard passing patterns, which we abandoned pretty early. I wonder if Cockhill hit the panic button too early and was trying to win the game with one play? I saw a few deep throws that looked like desperation heaves. It's not my place to question his judgement because he knows more than I on that type of stuff. Our D was probably getting worn down, but I have to credit BSU with making the proper adjustments on offense.

All things considered, not a devastating loss as long as we make the proper adjustments. It's going to be a fun conference season, since it looks like anybody can beat anybody right now...AF winning against TCU and Utah picking up a big one...conference could get crazy.