Final three weeks important as Wyoming builds for future

Everything Wyoming Cowboy and Mountain West football!
Yabadabadoo
Cowpoke

http://trib.com/sports/college/wyoming/ ... b1b3e.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Slow Hand
Cowpoke

Do any of you really believe we have shown signs of improvement? Rebuilding....I am still not sold on the idea. You should be able to maintain a certain level of competitive spirit even when rebuilding. Bohl has not been able to maintain anything....the ship seems to be sinking! I feel bad for Hill.....a diamond in a poop pile hoping someone will find him!
Spartanmike15
Buckaroo

If Hill has another good year next year, I see him leaving early.
Yabadabadoo
Cowpoke

Spartanmike15 wrote:If Hill has another good year next year, I see him leaving early.
Hello, Kellen Overstreet.
Wyo2dal
Bronco-Buster
Been liked: 1 time

Slow Hand wrote:Do any of you really believe we have shown signs of improvement? Rebuilding....I am still not sold on the idea. You should be able to maintain a certain level of competitive spirit even when rebuilding. Bohl has not been able to maintain anything....the ship seems to be sinking! I feel bad for Hill.....a diamond in a poop pile hoping someone will find him!
It's not sinking calm down chicken little, I find it humorous that people on these forums are so negative and actually think a team comprised mainly of kids fresh out of high school are going to all work and play together and keep emotions in check.

Once I saw the listed lineups before the season started I changed my entire outlook on the team and what it had the ability to do. Now I'd be lying if I said I thought we would lose to ND and EMU but outside of those two games I didn't think we had much chance of beating anyone.

You can bookmark this thread and come back to it in 2 years and see if you feel the same exact way. Team has a lot of potential but it's young talent and the team isn't playing together as a team yet and that takes time.

Basketball will be a lot like Football this season games we should win there will be those of you that are always negative talking about how awful the team is and the others that have a realistic view and understanding that you don't win championships overnight.
Slow Hand
Cowpoke

Wyo2dal wrote:
Slow Hand wrote:Do any of you really believe we have shown signs of improvement? Rebuilding....I am still not sold on the idea. You should be able to maintain a certain level of competitive spirit even when rebuilding. Bohl has not been able to maintain anything....the ship seems to be sinking! I feel bad for Hill.....a diamond in a poop pile hoping someone will find him!
It's not sinking calm down chicken little, I find it humorous that people on these forums are so negative and actually think a team comprised mainly of kids fresh out of high school are going to all work and play together and keep emotions in check.

Once I saw the listed lineups before the season started I changed my entire outlook on the team and what it had the ability to do. Now I'd be lying if I said I thought we would lose to ND and EMU but outside of those two games I didn't think we had much chance of beating anyone.

You can bookmark this thread and come back to it in 2 years and see if you feel the same exact way. Team has a lot of potential but it's young talent and the team isn't playing together as a team yet and that takes time.

Basketball will be a lot like Football this season games we should win there will be those of you that are always negative talking about how awful the team is and the others that have a realistic view and understanding that you don't win championships overnight.
It is not so much about the kids....I don't expect them to compete. It is about the fact that Bohl and his staff did expect them too! If a dumb ass on a public forum (me) can see it how is it a Legend cannot?
Wyo2dal
Bronco-Buster

You honestly believe that a coach thought freshman would compete immediately? Hell no one is going to admit that recruits can't play immediately. He knew it and he saw it the mistake he made was he thought they would be better suited to perform and they are taking longer so he set an expectation and everyone took it to heart.

His mistake was not giving himself any room for error.
SDPokeFan
WyoNation Addict
Has liked: 3 times
Been liked: 34 times

Is it too much to ask them to be competitive? The only thing these three weeks need to do is get over so this abomination of a team can get out of my life.
Wyo2dal
Bronco-Buster

SDPokeFan wrote:Is it too much to ask them to be competitive? The only thing these three weeks need to do is get over so this abomination of a team can get out of my life.
I think a number of them have been competitive as individuals just not as a team.
LanderPoke
WyoNation Lifer
Has liked: 597 times
Been liked: 238 times

There's been plenty of improvement, but the team was so crappy at the beginning of the season that we're still not competitive. In case you forgot we got killed, and I mean dominated, by a middle of the pack FCS school. If you think we'd still get beat by NDU then you are a moron. If you know a way to turn all our sophs and freshmen into juniors and seniors overnight and give them all 15-25 lbs then let's have it tough guy. You are turning into a bitter troll.
CowboyNV
A Real Cowboy
Been liked: 7 times

I'm in the minority, but I think Slow Hand is a lot closer to what is going on in Laramie than most would know or understand. He's been spot on most of the time on injuries, suspensions, etc. and he also knows what goes on behind the scenes. I wouldn't be so quick to discount his insight or dismiss him as a troll. We may find out in a year or three that he was an astute observer of what is really going on in Laramie. I believe he is like most of us....sick of losing, sick of excuses, and sick of all of the ass kissing that goes on with head coaches and staff. If more people had called out Heath early on, and fewer people defended him, perhaps we could have resurrected the basketball program before we lost the entire fan base.

The same kind of damage is being done right now to the football program. At some point stop giving Bohl et al a pass and start holding them accountable for what you see on the field. After 10 games, if the kids have no clue, then it is both a coaching issue, and a talent issue. Bohl recruited these kids, he and his cronies are "coaching them up" so if the product is poop, the problem lies directly at the top. :twocents:
What is the difference between politicians and stoners? Politicians don't inhale...they just suck.
ragtimejoe1
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 20 times
Been liked: 128 times

LanderPoke wrote: In case you forgot we got killed, and I mean dominated, by a middle of the pack FCS school. If you think we'd still get beat by NDU then you are a moron.
Look, I'm all for letting Bohl rebuild his way. Not the way I prefer, but it is his rebuild until he succeeds or 2 more years pass. I'm on board. However, excessive sunshine pumping is annoying. NDU would knock the hell out of us again as would much of FCS. Yes, we are currently that bad.

You ask for others to see the reality of Bohl's rebuild process but you fail to recognize the reality of just how bad we currently are. Next year is next year. This year we are a low level FCS team. A few bright spots in losing efforts in the MWC don't mean a lot. These are games against some of the worst teams in FBS.
WYO1016 wrote: Fri Dec 08, 2023 8:10 am I'm starting to think that Burman has been laying the pipe to ragtimejoe1's wife
Insults are the last resort of fools with a crumbling position.
Slow Hand
Cowpoke

LanderPoke wrote:
There's been plenty of improvement, but the team was so crappy at the beginning of the season that we're still not competitive. In case you forgot we got killed, and I mean dominated, by a middle of the pack FCS school. If you think we'd still get beat by NDU then you are a moron. If you know a way to turn all our sophs and freshmen into juniors and seniors overnight and give them all 15-25 lbs then let's have it tough guy. You are turning into a bitter troll.
You are misplaced in your assumptions. We are a bad team yes I agree but we were a better team last year playing with DC's recruits. So because the current administration decided to banish, run off and ignore what little veteran leadership that remained, and chose to play with unseasoned and small freshman it is somehow someone else's fault. Listen, LanderPoke there is no reason why we couldn't maintain a respectable level of competitiveness all the while rebuilding this program. But that isn't the case is it? I am much closer to this situation than you can even imagine. So take it for what it is worth. Bohl may very well get things turned around but he better hurry because not only is he loosing the spectator's faith but he is also loosing the athlete's! put that one in your pipe and smoke it. ;)
Slow Hand
Cowpoke

BTW if anyone is concerned...Cam should get the start next week barring any setbacks this week.
HR_Poke
Cowpoke

Slow Hand wrote:
LanderPoke wrote:
Slow Hand wrote:Bohl may very well get things turned around but he better hurry because not only is he loosing the spectator's faith but he is also loosing the athlete's! put that one in your pipe and smoke it. ;)
This was definitely evident this last game. The whole team played like they have quit on him. Hopefully he can get them back, otherwise next year will be just as bad and we will see a lot of departures this off season.
PokeOLoco
A Real Cowboy

We'll know a lot about the team's commitment to Bohl by how many players leave in this offseason. If we have all the pieces coming back I'm hopefully for some real improvement next season when Allen takes over and these guys get in the weight room. BUT we really really need to improve our coaching, and I have to think Bohl knows they're not cutting it as is.
“Being around Colorado State, I saw that football wasn’t really a big sport there," Parker said Sunday night.
LanderPoke
WyoNation Lifer

Slow Hand wrote:BTW if anyone is concerned...Cam should get the start next week barring any setbacks this week.
What about Gentry?
Slow Hand
Cowpoke

LanderPoke wrote:
Slow Hand wrote:BTW if anyone is concerned...Cam should get the start next week barring any setbacks this week.
What about Gentry?
Doubtful......His shoulder separation was extreme. He is a tough kid though and has been rehabbing it hard. He has been in the training room most of the day everyday since it happened. His ROM is better but strength is still a concern.
LanderPoke
WyoNation Lifer

Slow Hand wrote:
LanderPoke wrote:
What about Gentry?
Doubtful......His shoulder separation was extreme. He is a tough kid though and has been rehabbing it hard. He has been in the training room most of the day everyday since it happened. His ROM is better but strength is still a concern.
Sucks. This he will try to get back for UNLV or just call it a season?
Slow Hand
Cowpoke

I don't think Gentry will be back at all this year. If I was a betting man I would say he is done till next year.