Josh Allen Injury

Everything Wyoming Cowboy and Mountain West football!
seattlecowboy
WyoNation Addict
Has liked: 2 times
Been liked: 16 times

I didn't see this posted on here yet but I didn't look hard for it.

Not sure if anyone else heard this but saw on bottom of ESPN ticker Josh injured his non throwing shoulder in the game Saturday. Not sure how serious it is. Said he is going to be able to play this week still. Not sure which play it happened on.

Anyone else see this?

Follow me on Twitter for all of your Free/Paid sports wagers all year around. Football, Basketball, Baseball, Hockey, Soccer, Tennis, etc….

488-348 +721 Units won in 6.5 months follow @bet_chase on twitter….
pokefanchaz7
A Real Cowboy

Yikes I hope he's ok and it's like a stinger

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
C-O-W-B-O-Y-S! COWBOYS COWBOYS COWYBOYS!
CNPOKE
Buckaroo

Bohl said WY will be cautious early week but expects Josh to play Saturday.
J-Rod
Bronco-Buster

Non-throwing shoulder. Bohl said he might miss some practices but will play Saturday.
cali2wyo
A Real Cowboy

Not Josh Allen, but Josiah Hall and our long snapper are off the depth chart this week.

Hall with a possible concussion.

Long snapper is likely out for the year... we may never try a punt or field goal again!
seattlecowboy
WyoNation Addict

He could actually sit out this week and rest and we would still win. Wouldn't bother me if he sat out this week.

Follow me on Twitter for all of your Free/Paid sports wagers all year around. Football, Basketball, Baseball, Hockey, Soccer, Tennis, etc….

KeepitrealWyo
Buckaroo

If he sits what will Vigen do on 3rd and 2 ???????
J-Rod
Bronco-Buster

seattlecowboy wrote: Mon Sep 04, 2017 7:29 pm He could actually sit out this week and rest and we would still win. Wouldn't bother me if he sat out this week.
Playing an FCS team that lost by 42 at home to a non-ranked FCS team? There is literally no other better scenario to sit Josh if need be. That said, I doubt GW even gets a sniff of Allen. I'm not worried either way.
seattlecowboy
WyoNation Addict

J-Rod wrote: Mon Sep 04, 2017 7:38 pm
seattlecowboy wrote: Mon Sep 04, 2017 7:29 pm He could actually sit out this week and rest and we would still win. Wouldn't bother me if he sat out this week.
Playing an FCS team that lost by 42 at home to a non-ranked FCS team? There is literally no other better scenario to sit Josh if need be. That said, I doubt GW even gets a sniff of Allen. I'm not worried either way.
Yeah you are right. Josh will be able to stand back there all day with no one touching him.

I think we will probably just run the ball down their throat all day long.

LanderPoke
WyoNation Lifer
Has liked: 597 times
Been liked: 238 times

I think I know what play it happened on. It was that read option where Josh goes around the end. Vigen has called that play his "trump card". That play hasn't worked since about week 4 last year, but that hasn't stopped Vigen from calling it 2-3 times per game
WyoBrandX
A Real Cowboy

seattlecowboy wrote: Mon Sep 04, 2017 7:52 pm
J-Rod wrote: Mon Sep 04, 2017 7:38 pm
Yeah you are right. Josh will be able to stand back there all day with no one touching him.

I think we will probably just run the ball down their throat all day long.
We need to build a bit of confidence in the running backs and the receivers. I hope this game shakes the jitters out of them.

The o-line looked decent last game - i think the OL and receivers will improve significantly this week.

I hope the defense keeps it up - they were pretty tight this week giving up less than 300 yards.
HomeOnTheRange
Buckaroo
Been liked: 2 times

this is what happens when you have a terrible OL

miss you, Chase
SDPokeFan
WyoNation Addict
Has liked: 3 times
Been liked: 34 times

KeepitrealWyo wrote: Mon Sep 04, 2017 7:38 pm If he sits what will Vigen do on 3rd and 2 ???????
Hand it to a running back up the middle for a loss of one.
stymeman
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 4 times
Been liked: 44 times

Vigen's NOT good, nuff said, same plays over and over and over, it was tough to watch live this past weekend
ItSucksToBeACSURam
WyoNation Addict

HomeOnTheRange wrote: Tue Sep 05, 2017 7:20 am this is what happens when you have a terrible OL

miss you, Chase
I guess I am in the minority here but I thought out OL held their own just fine against Iowa. It was the LB and DBs who baffled our WR and Vigen on saturday. I actually think against most teams we face this year our OL ***SHOULD*** be just fine.
Wyolie Coyote
Cowpoke

Short term memory loss, Cal Poly was supposed to be the same walkover.....
YourPalBilly
Buckaroo

J-Rod wrote: Mon Sep 04, 2017 7:08 pm Non-throwing shoulder. Bohl said he might miss some practices but will play Saturday.
Even if he had his arm amputated, he'd be the best QB on the field every game we play.
seattlecowboy
WyoNation Addict

Wyolie Coyote wrote: Tue Sep 05, 2017 9:55 am

No short term memory loss on my part.

Cal Poly that year was about 10 times better than this Gardner Webb team we are playing on Saturday. Maybe more than 10 times better. That is how bad Gardner Webb is.

Lots of other differences as well. Smith at this point is a lot more capable QB than Thompson was at that point and this Wyoming defense seems to be quite a bit better than that one was.

Honestly if Wyoming lost to this Gardner Webb team even with Josh Allen sitting out then I would jump on the bandwagon of firing the whole coaching staff. This Gardner Webb team is really really bad.

aranderson
Cowpoke
Been liked: 1 time

seattlecowboy wrote: Tue Sep 05, 2017 10:39 am

Cal Poly that year was about 10 times better than this Gardner Webb team we are playing on Saturday. Maybe more than 10 times better. That is how bad Gardner Webb is.

Lots of other differences as well. Smith at this point is a lot more capable QB than Thompson was at that point and this Wyoming defense seems to be quite a bit better than that one was.

Honestly if Wyoming lost to this Gardner Webb team even with Josh Allen sitting out then I would jump on the bandwagon of firing the whole coaching staff. This Gardner Webb team is really really bad.
Kirkegaard started that Cal Poly game.
seattlecowboy
WyoNation Addict

aranderson wrote: Tue Sep 05, 2017 2:12 pm
seattlecowboy wrote: Tue Sep 05, 2017 10:39 am

Kirkegaard started that Cal Poly game.
You are correct. I remember Thompson started another game.

Point still remains. That 2012 Wyoming team with Kirkegaard starting would beat this Gardner Webb team by 4 td's.