Inexcusable.....

Everything Wyoming Cowboy and Mountain West football!
Brown and Gold
Ranch Hand

I don't even know what to say other than that. Well, every year we get our kick in the nuts. Last year, UNLV.... this year a 1-11 team with a high school stadium. Unbelievable, Allen or not......
ELKMT
A Real Cowboy
Been liked: 6 times

Same as EMU last year. Guess what got better this year? Stanard got canned.
WyomingAg
A Real Cowboy

Last year I was assured the defensive players were terrible, no talent, couldn't make tackles, couldn't defend an option, and d backs were so slow they had to defend only with a 10 yard cushion.

Magically this year all those things were fixed with nearly all the same players.

On the other threads I'm being assured that the offense has no talent, cant block, cant run, cant catch. Yet we have a bunch of 3 star guys on offense that had multiple offers from division 1 programs. I wonder if something called "a coach" could teach them how to fix these things. On defense those same players suddenly had fundamentals fixed....
pokefanchaz7
A Real Cowboy

This is all pretty inexcusable. I can't believe we abandoned the run so early in the 4th quarter. We were gashing them and then decided to try to pass the ball when we didn't pass the ball all game long. Pretty sad.

Well onto the bowl game and the hope that josh allen plays so that it's at the very least entertaining.
C-O-W-B-O-Y-S! COWBOYS COWBOYS COWYBOYS!
ELKMT
A Real Cowboy

Why do we lose to the worst teams? It sucks.
calpoke25
A Real Cowboy

I’ve seen enough of Bohl. His record without Josh Allen as QB is 6-20 with some of the worst losses in program history.
ELKMT
A Real Cowboy

I’ve seen enough of Bohl. His record without Josh Allen as QB is 6-20 with some of the worst losses in program history.
Your right the offense only has clicked with a 1st round draft pick and multiple NFL players.
bladerunnr
A Real Cowboy
Has liked: 3 times
Been liked: 66 times

calpoke25 wrote: Sat Nov 25, 2017 7:48 pm I’ve seen enough of Bohl. His record without Josh Allen as QB is 6-20 with some of the worst losses in program history.
We know Bohl isn't going anywhere. But in reality, you are right. When Josh Allen hasn't been on the field, this Wyoming team looks like the worst I've ever seen. I put today's loss even higher (or lower?) than the loss to cal poly under DC.
seattlecowboy
WyoNation Addict
Has liked: 2 times
Been liked: 16 times

calpoke25 wrote: Sat Nov 25, 2017 7:48 pm I’ve seen enough of Bohl. His record without Josh Allen as QB is 6-20 with some of the worst losses in program history.
Problem is who would Wyoming be able to bring in to do any better? I don't think they can get anyone better to be honest than all of the different guys they have tried. All of the coaches that come here in the modern era have the same problems. Don't think it matters who they bring in with the actual people they could realistically get.

Follow me on Twitter for all of your Free/Paid sports wagers all year around. Football, Basketball, Baseball, Hockey, Soccer, Tennis, etc….

488-348 +721 Units won in 6.5 months follow @bet_chase on twitter….
ELKMT
A Real Cowboy

Joe Glenn would have done better with this weak ass conference. Tedford was available. Bohl can get it done to but they can't ignore the offensive side of the ball. They are mailing the same but opposite mistake of DC. It is fixable and this conference should be easy to win, just need to give some focus to the offense.
fromolwyoming
WyoNation Lifer
Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 2 times

The defense made a huge turnaround with but the simple switching of DCs. We lost like, 2 guys on that side from last year. Now? They're a top 30 unit that actually stuffs offenses (barring the debacle against Oregon). Not just "bends" to them.

The offense? 4 years, and only one of those did it have good production overall. If Bohl doesn't want to fire Vigen, then promote him to full-time assistant HC and get a new OC. I think the pro-style offense can work. Its worked pretty well for SDSU for several years now, but we do need to change things up.

We have a really good looking RB in Overstreet, but for some reason, Woods, who should be a WR, keeps getting the nod at #1 RB.
Adv8RU12
WyoNation Addict
Been liked: 5 times

Basketball Sunday! Football is over! And probably over for next year too. Conway. Conway. Do you want to come back to hoops? Play for a coach in which offense means something?
calpoke25
A Real Cowboy

bladerunnr wrote: Sat Nov 25, 2017 8:00 pm
We know Bohl isn't going anywhere. But in reality, you are right. When Josh Allen hasn't been on the field, this Wyoming team looks like the worst I've ever seen. I put today's loss even higher (or lower?) than the loss to cal poly under DC.
I know, the buyout is too big. But I’ve seen enough to know how this ends. We are not a good program. To answer seattlecowboys point about not getting anyone better, I also understand. The reality is we need a complete fresh start as an Athletic Department, from the top down. 1 MW Championship under Burman in 11 years and 2 strikeouts on football coaches. All Wyoming can keep doing is trying coaches on like a woman in a shoe store on Black Friday until we catch lightning in a bottle.
Brown and Gold
Ranch Hand

I think Bohl has done a great job getting our program to a better spot. Problem we have is the timing for everything is so bad. I feel like we would have been 9-3 easily with Josh Allen healthy for the last two games with a shot at 10 wins in a bowl game. While my pride is shot now, I am not going to let my disappointment cloud that our program is going in the right direction. We were in football Hell for a while and now we're disappointed when we lose instead of expecting to lose. Hopefully we get a new QB for next year and keep going forward.
Brown and Gold
Ranch Hand

We don't need a new coach.
ELKMT
A Real Cowboy

Don't need a new head coach, but offensive coaches should be looked at. As well as recruiting philosophy on that side of the ball.
KeepitrealWyo
Buckaroo

6-20 without Josh Allen is scary
Vigen is awful and Bohl HAS to get rid of him.
LanderPoke
WyoNation Lifer
Has liked: 597 times
Been liked: 238 times

WyomingAg wrote: Sat Nov 25, 2017 6:36 pm Last year I was assured the defensive players were terrible, no talent, couldn't make tackles, couldn't defend an option, and d backs were so slow they had to defend only with a 10 yard cushion.

Magically this year all those things were fixed with nearly all the same players.

On the other threads I'm being assured that the offense has no talent, cant block, cant run, cant catch. Yet we have a bunch of 3 star guys on offense that had multiple offers from division 1 programs. I wonder if something called "a coach" could teach them how to fix these things. On defense those same players suddenly had fundamentals fixed....
+1!

Players need good coaching and to be put in a position to succeed.
ragtimejoe1
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 20 times
Been liked: 128 times

Though my confidence in Bohl is rattled, I still believe he'll get this on track. It is a major concern that our offense is this bad, whatever the reason. Even more concerning is that it seems it might be worse next year.

If I'm wrong and this doesn't get better, then the elephant in the room might become so large it can't be ignored.
WYO1016 wrote: Fri Dec 08, 2023 8:10 am I'm starting to think that Burman has been laying the pipe to ragtimejoe1's wife
Insults are the last resort of fools with a crumbling position.
cowpoke pride
Ranch Hand
Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 7 times

bladerunnr wrote: Sat Nov 25, 2017 8:00 pm
Don't forget Bohl has an FCS loss also. I can still remember thinking, "We are down 21-0, in the 4th quarter, at home, to North Dakota."