The fans lack of Brains is Astonishing.

Everything Wyoming Cowboy and Mountain West football!
Landiegopoke
Ranch Hand

CowboyCO wrote:Methinks East Popcorn State might be Bill Cockhill's dad again... :!:

But if it isn't, bashing on both Glenn and Cockhill for poor offensensive production was earned. Whether offensive scheme or poor players. They were hired to recruit and coach. They failed. End of story.
Don't you mean Cockmaster senior ?
Asmodeanreborn
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 23 times

You know, it just could be that it takes a little bit longer than a summer and three games to get every player used to a brand new system of offensive football. Maybe you should wait a season or so before truly judging DC and the offensive players. It's true our receivers are absolutely awful, but under Glenn's era, not only did the offense not put points on the board for their team - they put points on the board for the OTHER team.
We have 3 turnovers in 3 games so far this season, so at least we see a huge improvement SOMEWHERE.

I should add that I really really like Joe Glenn. He was the best host ever when my brother came and visited the years we lived in Laramie, and he gave him sideline passes to two different games @ Utah (both of which Cowboys got blown out in - yes, my brother was on the Cowboys sideline when Joe showed the finger) among other things. I wish him all the luck in the world with his future career. I just don't think Wyoming was the place for him to be successful at, maybe just because it's not easy to recruit there.
gopokes1399
Blog Team

You know, it just could be that it takes a little bit longer than a summer and three games to get every player used to a brand new system of offensive football. Maybe you should wait a season or so before truly judging DC and the offensive players. It's true our receivers are absolutely awful, but under Glenn's era, not only did the offense not put points on the board for their team - they put points on the board for the OTHER team.
We have 3 turnovers in 3 games so far this season, so at least we see a huge improvement SOMEWHERE
I could not agree more DC has not even been here for a year lets cut him some slack Glenn put him in a tough spot
Cheywypoke
Ranch Hand

It will take DC at least a couple years to get the right type players that fit his system. It's like taking a basketball team that ran a half court offense and trying to change to a run and gun offense. It takes a different type of athlete.
evilpoke
Ranch Hand
Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 3 times

East_Popcorn_State wrote:How many of you owe Joe Glenn, Cockhill, and Cole an Apology? You blamed them for terrible playcalling, when I TOLD YOU, that the playcalling was fine. THE PROBLEM IS THE PERSONNEL RUNNING THE PLAYS. MOSTLY THE RECEIVERS. You can't find a better football coach than Joe Glenn. He just didn't recruit well enough. Now we have the National Offensive Coordinator of the Year running our offense and WE HAVE 0 OFFENSIVE TOUCHDOWNS IN THE LAST 8 QUARTERS. This includes the most humiliating, devastating, most embarrassing shutout loss that I can remember in the last 10-15 years. That embarrassing loss will probably end up being the downfall of Christensen. Colorado was losing 30-3 at halftime to TOLEDO. Toledo scored over 50 on them. Most of our RECRUITS come from the State of Colorado. Do you think they are impressed with Wyoming now????? This was the biggest game for many reasons (mostly recruiting) in Christensens first year. Christensen's play calling is just fine also, just like Glenns. I TOLD YOU, that it doesn't matter if Peyton Manning is running this offense. Our WR's are D2 Caliber and are easily shut down by D1 corners. NOW, Christensen has sacraficed the year (JUST LIKE I PREDICTED HE WOULD) by naming ACS the starter. He will be giving younger guys playing time in hopes for a better team in the coming years. I don't like the move. Benjamin was playing very good from what I saw. I really cannot believe that he hasn't turned the ball over, its truly amazing. The bottom line is you idiots owe Joe Glenn a huge apology. If the National Offensive Coordinator of the year can not score points with this offense, DOES THAT PROVE TO YOU THAT IT WASN'T THE PLAYCALLING?????????? ITS THE PATHETIC WIDE RECEIVERS!!! NOW WE WILL HAVE A TERRIBLE TIME RECRUITING AFTER BEING SHUTOUT BY COLORADO. A TEAM MANY BELIEVED WAS PLAYING THE WORST FOOTBALL IN D1.

Let's go through this piece by piece:

How many of you owe Joe Glenn, Cockhill, and Cole an Apology? You blamed them for terrible playcalling, when I TOLD YOU, that the playcalling was fine. THE PROBLEM IS THE PERSONNEL RUNNING THE PLAYS. MOSTLY THE RECEIVERS. You can't find a better football coach than Joe Glenn. He just didn't recruit well enough.
- You just shot down your own argument. Glenn is reponsible for the program, from playcalling to recruiting. If he didn't recruit good enough players that's on him.

This includes the most humiliating, devastating, most embarrassing shutout loss that I can remember in the last 10-15 years. That embarrassing loss will probably end up being the downfall of Christensen.
- I think you're overreacting. It wasn't at home. It wasn't against a conference opponent. And do you really think his third game will be his downfall? Please.

NOW, Christensen has sacraficed the year (JUST LIKE I PREDICTED HE WOULD) by naming ACS the starter. He will be giving younger guys playing time in hopes for a better team in the coming years. I don't like the move. Benjamin was playing very good from what I saw.
- ACS was playing better than Benjamin in the CU game. Up to the CU game I would have given the edge to Benjamin, but then again I don't see them practice.

NOW - As you state that Peyton Manning couldn't win with the receivers we have, what's the difference between having a JUCO QB start, when he'll be gone after two years, or have the quarterback of the future learn on the job, especially when's he's shown to be just as good as the alternative?

WE NEED TO CHILL OUT. ITS GAME 3!!! And believe me, this team is playing better than last year's team.