The fans lack of Brains is Astonishing.

Everything Wyoming Cowboy and Mountain West football!
East_Popcorn_State
Buckaroo

How many of you owe Joe Glenn, Cockhill, and Cole an Apology? You blamed them for terrible playcalling, when I TOLD YOU, that the playcalling was fine. THE PROBLEM IS THE PERSONNEL RUNNING THE PLAYS. MOSTLY THE RECEIVERS. You can't find a better football coach than Joe Glenn. He just didn't recruit well enough. Now we have the National Offensive Coordinator of the Year running our offense and WE HAVE 0 OFFENSIVE TOUCHDOWNS IN THE LAST 8 QUARTERS. This includes the most humiliating, devastating, most embarrassing shutout loss that I can remember in the last 10-15 years. That embarrassing loss will probably end up being the downfall of Christensen. Colorado was losing 30-3 at halftime to TOLEDO. Toledo scored over 50 on them. Most of our RECRUITS come from the State of Colorado. Do you think they are impressed with Wyoming now????? This was the biggest game for many reasons (mostly recruiting) in Christensens first year. Christensen's play calling is just fine also, just like Glenns. I TOLD YOU, that it doesn't matter if Peyton Manning is running this offense. Our WR's are D2 Caliber and are easily shut down by D1 corners. NOW, Christensen has sacraficed the year (JUST LIKE I PREDICTED HE WOULD) by naming ACS the starter. He will be giving younger guys playing time in hopes for a better team in the coming years. I don't like the move. Benjamin was playing very good from what I saw. I really cannot believe that he hasn't turned the ball over, its truly amazing. The bottom line is you idiots owe Joe Glenn a huge apology. If the National Offensive Coordinator of the year can not score points with this offense, DOES THAT PROVE TO YOU THAT IT WASN'T THE PLAYCALLING?????????? ITS THE PATHETIC WIDE RECEIVERS!!! NOW WE WILL HAVE A TERRIBLE TIME RECRUITING AFTER BEING SHUTOUT BY COLORADO. A TEAM MANY BELIEVED WAS PLAYING THE WORST FOOTBALL IN D1.
seattlecowboy
WyoNation Addict
Has liked: 2 times
Been liked: 16 times

East_Popcorn_State wrote:How many of you owe Joe Glenn, Cockhill, and Cole an Apology? You blamed them for terrible playcalling, when I TOLD YOU, that the playcalling was fine. THE PROBLEM IS THE PERSONNEL RUNNING THE PLAYS. MOSTLY THE RECEIVERS. You can't find a better football coach than Joe Glenn. He just didn't recruit well enough. Now we have the National Offensive Coordinator of the Year running our offense and WE HAVE 0 OFFENSIVE TOUCHDOWNS IN THE LAST 8 QUARTERS. This includes the most humiliating, devastating, most embarrassing shutout loss that I can remember in the last 10-15 years. That embarrassing loss will probably end up being the downfall of Christensen. Colorado was losing 30-3 at halftime to TOLEDO. Toledo scored over 50 on them. Most of our RECRUITS come from the State of Colorado. Do you think they are impressed with Wyoming now????? This was the biggest game for many reasons (mostly recruiting) in Christensens first year. Christensen's play calling is just fine also, just like Glenns. I TOLD YOU, that it doesn't matter if Peyton Manning is running this offense. Our WR's are D2 Caliber and are easily shut down by D1 corners. NOW, Christensen has sacraficed the year (JUST LIKE I PREDICTED HE WOULD) by naming ACS the starter. He will be giving younger guys playing time in hopes for a better team in the coming years. I don't like the move. Benjamin was playing very good from what I saw. I really cannot believe that he hasn't turned the ball over, its truly amazing. The bottom line is you idiots owe Joe Glenn a huge apology. If the National Offensive Coordinator of the year can not score points with this offense, DOES THAT PROVE TO YOU THAT IT WASN'T THE PLAYCALLING?????????? ITS THE PATHETIC WIDE RECEIVERS!!! NOW WE WILL HAVE A TERRIBLE TIME RECRUITING AFTER BEING SHUTOUT BY COLORADO. A TEAM MANY BELIEVED WAS PLAYING THE WORST FOOTBALL IN D1.

Why would anyone owe Joe Glenn an apology when Joe Glenn recruited those receivers ? Just Curious . Recruiting is part of coaching just as much as anything .

Follow me on Twitter for all of your Free/Paid sports wagers all year around. Football, Basketball, Baseball, Hockey, Soccer, Tennis, etc….

488-348 +721 Units won in 6.5 months follow @bet_chase on twitter….
calpoke25
A Real Cowboy

"How many of you owe Joe Glenn, Cockhill, and Cole an Apology? You blamed them for terrible playcalling, when I TOLD YOU, that the playcalling was fine. THE PROBLEM IS THE PERSONNEL RUNNING THE PLAYS. MOSTLY THE RECEIVERS. You can't find a better football coach than Joe Glenn. He just didn't recruit well enough."

As stated above.... Joe Glenn is the reason that personnel is there in the first place....you make zero sense.
WYO1016
WyoNation Addict
Has liked: 36 times
Been liked: 103 times

East_Popcorn_State wrote:How many of you owe Joe Glenn, Cockhill, and Cole an Apology? You blamed them for terrible playcalling, when I TOLD YOU, that the playcalling was fine. THE PROBLEM IS THE PERSONNEL RUNNING THE PLAYS. MOSTLY THE RECEIVERS. You can't find a better football coach than Joe Glenn. He just didn't recruit well enough. Now we have the National Offensive Coordinator of the Year running our offense and WE HAVE 0 OFFENSIVE TOUCHDOWNS IN THE LAST 8 QUARTERS. This includes the most humiliating, devastating, most embarrassing shutout loss that I can remember in the last 10-15 years. That embarrassing loss will probably end up being the downfall of Christensen. Colorado was losing 30-3 at halftime to TOLEDO. Toledo scored over 50 on them. Most of our RECRUITS come from the State of Colorado. Do you think they are impressed with Wyoming now????? This was the biggest game for many reasons (mostly recruiting) in Christensens first year. Christensen's play calling is just fine also, just like Glenns. I TOLD YOU, that it doesn't matter if Peyton Manning is running this offense. Our WR's are D2 Caliber and are easily shut down by D1 corners. NOW, Christensen has sacraficed the year (JUST LIKE I PREDICTED HE WOULD) by naming ACS the starter. He will be giving younger guys playing time in hopes for a better team in the coming years. I don't like the move. Benjamin was playing very good from what I saw. I really cannot believe that he hasn't turned the ball over, its truly amazing. The bottom line is you idiots owe Joe Glenn a huge apology. If the National Offensive Coordinator of the year can not score points with this offense, DOES THAT PROVE TO YOU THAT IT WASN'T THE PLAYCALLING?????????? ITS THE PATHETIC WIDE RECEIVERS!!! NOW WE WILL HAVE A TERRIBLE TIME RECRUITING AFTER BEING SHUTOUT BY COLORADO. A TEAM MANY BELIEVED WAS PLAYING THE WORST FOOTBALL IN D1.
Do you want a cookie? No one cares about your opinion. Get off of your soapbox and shut up.
McPeachy
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 297 times
Been liked: 119 times

Apology...

Let's see. Apology. Apology for spending literally tens of thousands of dollars and unthinkable hours watching what was poop football for 6 years? My answer? Hell No.
Last edited by McPeachy on Tue Sep 22, 2009 1:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Dear Karma,

I have a list of people you missed...
East_Popcorn_State
Buckaroo

calpoke25 wrote:"How many of you owe Joe Glenn, Cockhill, and Cole an Apology? You blamed them for terrible playcalling, when I TOLD YOU, that the playcalling was fine. THE PROBLEM IS THE PERSONNEL RUNNING THE PLAYS. MOSTLY THE RECEIVERS. You can't find a better football coach than Joe Glenn. He just didn't recruit well enough."

As stated above.... Joe Glenn is the reason that personnel is there in the first place....you make zero sense.

HOLY poop THEY STILL DON'T GET IT. THE POINT IS THAT YOU IDIOTS BLAMED THE PLAYCALLING. YOU BLAMED COCKHILL'S PLAYCALLING, YOU BLAMED COLE'S PLAY CALLING. AND NOW THE NATIONAL OFFENSIVE COORDINATOR OF THE YEAR WITH HIS QUARTERBACKS CAN'T EVEN MANAGE A FIELD GOAL AGAINST WHAT WAS CONSIDERED THE WORST DEFENSE IN THE NATION (COLORADO). YOU GOT COCKHILL, GLENN, AND COLE FIRED FOR THE PLAYCALLING. AND NOW YOU IDIOTS SHOULD UNDERSTAND THAT IT WASN'T THE PLAYCALLING. IT WAS THE RECRUITING!!!!!!! EACH AND EVERYONE OF YOU WHO BLAMED THE PLAYCALLING NEEDS TO MAN UP, GET A HOLD OF COCKHILL, COLE, AND GLENN AND APOLOGIZE FROM THE BOTTOM OF YOUR HEART FOR NOT KNOWING poop ABOUT FOOTBALL. BE A MAN AND DO IT!!! I BLAMED THE RECRUITING, NOT THE PLAYCALLING. YOU BLAMED THE PLAYCALLING.. GET IT NOW?? MAN UP AND APOLOGIZE OR TURN IN YOUR MAN CARD.
PApokesPhan
Ranch Hand

the play calling was just as awful as the recruiting. it was so easy to tell what the play was going to be.

also, when i watched benjamin against texas, granted it was texas, he has a terrible throwing motion and awful escapability. his throws are bad. and i know the receivers are not fbs type, thank glenn and his crap staff for that.

there a couple freshman dc have, and should probably start to get play time.

overall, glenn was awful at coaching, recruiting and getting staff who could call plays effectively for a fbs level.
East_Popcorn_State
Buckaroo

PApokesPhan wrote:the play calling was just as awful as the recruiting. it was so easy to tell what the play was going to be.

also, when i watched benjamin against texas, granted it was texas, he has a terrible throwing motion and awful escapability. his throws are bad. and i know the receivers are not fbs type, thank glenn and his crap staff for that.

overall, glenn was awful at coaching, recruiting and getting staff who could call plays effectively for a fbs level.
he was a bad d1 recruiter. he was an excellent coach. you don't beat tennessee, ole miss, tcu, utah, byu, ucla, virginia and win 3 national championships if you're a bad coach. He got the absolute most out of this talent. The only way Christensen will do any better is if he recruits better. period.
WYCowboy
WyoNation Moderator
Has liked: 6 times
Been liked: 2 times

Did you expect it would take 2 games to get this program back on it's feet? Time will tell if DC will be a good coach or not, but not 3 games.
You can tell how big a person is by what it takes to discourage him/her.
Fullback41
A Real Cowboy

C'mon East Popcorn, tell us how you REALLY feel ;) I agree somewhat. I already see fans starting to question Marcus Arroyo and this years playcalling - I don't think the playcalling is the issue, it is the execution. I think the problem some fans had with last year playcalling was that it was SO predictable, and we didn't have the talent to execute it when the D knew what was coming. I think this year there is adequate variety, but again lack of execution in the last 2 games. I think most of us agree and recognize this is the first year in the spread and it takes time, and we are hoping DC can recruit more talent to run his offense. One of the most promising things I've heard so far is that DC is very impatient, which is good for us fans that have watched WYO have the same problems for years under the old regime. I agree JG was good at times with equal talent sometimes even less (all your games mentioned above) but I don't think we owe anyone an appology for the last couple years. I was a JG supporter until we lost our 7th game last year. Although we played well at times, we were not keeping up or catching up with the rest of the league. I do think had we won one more game in 2006 (or if NM pulled their head out) and gone to a bowl game, JG would still be here. But I am on board and ready to move forward now.

Oh Yeah, I don't really like being called an idiot, and told I have lack of Brains. That hurts my feelings. :(
In heaven there is no beer, thats why we drink it here, and when we're gone from here, our friends will be drinking all the beer!
dapokes
Ranch Hand

***Dumbest thread in recent memory***
WyomingAg
A Real Cowboy

East_Popcorn_State wrote:
PApokesPhan wrote:the play calling was just as awful as the recruiting. it was so easy to tell what the play was going to be.

he was a bad d1 recruiter. he was an excellent coach. you don't beat tennessee, ole miss, tcu, utah, byu, ucla, virginia and win 3 national championships if you're a bad coach. He got the absolute most out of this talent. The only way Christensen will do any better is if he recruits better. period.
Ok you also don't beat all the teams Christensen has beaten at Missouri, and win multiple Big XII North titles without being a good coach. A little early to start calling Glenn a savior again only 3 games into the new season. As far as I'm concerned to be a good coach it requires two things: good recruiting, and winning games. Glenn failed on both of those accounts (and one game here or there doesn't amount to anything on a 4-8 season with mulitple blowouts of 50-0 type caliber) so count me in as those who think he was not an "excellent coach" as you call him. The jury is still out on Christensen, but lets revisit this 5 years from now after he has had as many recruiting classes and games as Glenn had, not 3 games in to his first season.
MrTitleist
WyoNation Overlord
Has liked: 8 times
Been liked: 32 times

If I only had a brain....
ImageImageImageImage
calpoke25
A Real Cowboy

Hmmmm Joe Glenn’s last 3 years vs. BYU, Utah, CSU, AFA, TCU…..

BYU 2006 L 55-7 2007 L 35-10 2008 L 44-0, Average Score=42.5-4.5 BYU
Utah 2006 W 31-15 2007 L 50-0 2008 L 40-7, Average Score=34-13 Utah
CSU 2006 W 24-0 2007 L 36-28 2008 L 31-20, Average Score=23-22 CSU
TCU 2006 L 26-3 2007 W 24-21 2008 L 54-7, Average Score=43.5-11.5 TCU
AFA 2006 L 31-24 2007 L 20-12 2008 L 23-3, Average Score=24.5-13 AFA

Combined Record 3-12 vs. biggest conference foes

Ya, we sure did get rid of a winner, great play caller and recruiter. He sure did well against the MWC. Thanks for reminding us, I’m wondering now why we even got rid of him!
gopokes1399
Blog Team

Joe Glenn kept recruiting the caliber players he had at UM when he had personell... Bramlet Bouknight... He won us a bowl game and we had a chance to make ourselves good the next year when we started 4-1 we lost to Fla i think 31-7 and beat Ole Miss n TCU then we went straight downhill Glenn had his shot to make us a prominent MWC team... He did not recruit well he won with players that he did not recruit! DC seems to be recruiting well early on but Laramie is not easy to recruit too and he doesnt have the In-State pipeline like TCU does n doesnt have the Mormon religion like BYU does where all good mormon athletes want to be at BYU like all good catholic athletes want to be at ND i hope DC and Schroyer get us going in the two biggest sports i really do and i can see it slowly happening and when it does i cant wait because i am a die hard Wyo always have been but im sick n tired of getting s*** for being a fan i want to win and win soon!
MrTitleist
WyoNation Overlord

gopokes: Are you still in HS or did you finally move to Laramie this year?
ImageImageImageImage
gopokes1399
Blog Team

haha im a senior this year at Central
MrTitleist
WyoNation Overlord

Beautiful. How's your boy MacMillan doing on Iowa?
ImageImageImageImage
gopokes1399
Blog Team

His whole body has changed he is an absolute beast but still hasnt cracked the depth chart... I know he loves it down there and its going well but i havent seen him in awhile im hoping he continues to do well
CowboyCO
Ranch Hand

Methinks East Popcorn State might be Bill Cockhill's dad again... :!:

But if it isn't, bashing on both Glenn and Cockhill for poor offensensive production was earned. Whether offensive scheme or poor players. They were hired to recruit and coach. They failed. End of story.