What happened to Darius Terry?

Everything Wyoming Cowboy and Mountain West football!
McPeachy
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 306 times
Been liked: 119 times

I saw that Alexander was promoted to starter...Darius moved to #2. I didn't think either one did a damn thing against Ceeew to promote the shake-up.
Dear Karma,

I have a list of people you missed...
Fullback41
A Real Cowboy

Your right neither did much, but I thought Darius fumbled, hence the demotion. Which, considering AA's fumbles in scrimmage and against TX (you could see that coming a mile away) makes me wonder a little. I will have to go back to the CU game to watch for fumbles or missed blocks or dropped passes. Again, we sub so much I think he'll get another shot so he could earn it back I believe. If the game is close in the fourth I trust Darius to hang on to the ball more than Alvester, but I'm not coach, I don't see all they do.
In heaven there is no beer, thats why we drink it here, and when we're gone from here, our friends will be drinking all the beer!
MrTitleist
WyoNation Overlord
Has liked: 8 times
Been liked: 33 times

The one article that was posted here a while ago said he was demoted for fumbling issues. Probably more of a wake-up call then anything.. like DCs way of saying, they're accountable, no matter if you're a captain or not.
ImageImageImageImage
TheRealUW
Cowpoke
Been liked: 47 times

McPeachy wrote:I saw that Alexander was promoted to starter...Darius moved to #2. I didn't think either one did a damn thing against Ceeew to promote the shake-up.
In fact, Terry was demoted to the #3 spot behind both Alexander and Brandon Stewart. The whole idea of the depth chart changing so drastically week in and week out is a new idea to me. Hell, we even have guys switching positions still. I'm not quite sure what to make of it. I don't know if DC is trying to figure out the right mix of players or what, but I'm hoping the depth chart becomes more concrete by mid-season. I wouldn't be surprised to see Dax Crum starting at QB one of these weeks :D
McPeachy
Bronco-Buster

TheRealUW wrote:I wouldn't be surprised to see Dax Crum starting at QB one of these weeks :D
As place-kicker? :lol:
Dear Karma,

J-Rod
Bronco-Buster

Is it possible that CDC has conceded to just building with the freshman? Now we have 2 freshman's starting in the backfield who really haven't separated themselves? Sounds like CDC is looking ahead....
McPeachy
Bronco-Buster

J-Rod wrote:Is it possible that CDC has conceded to just building with the freshman? Now we have 2 freshman's starting in the backfield who really haven't separated themselves? Sounds like CDC is looking ahead....
There is that thought. If a coaching staff ever gets a free pass, it is year one. Nobody likes to lose though...
Dear Karma,

Adv8RU12
WyoNation Addict
Been liked: 5 times

McPeachy wrote:
TheRealUW wrote:I wouldn't be surprised to see Dax Crum starting at QB one of these weeks :D
As place-kicker? :lol:
More likely as starting Waterboy
pokerupfront
Ranch Hand

J-Rod wrote:Is it possible that CDC has conceded to just building with the freshman? Now we have 2 freshman's starting in the backfield who really haven't separated themselves? Sounds like CDC is looking ahead....
Bingo
gopokes1399
Blog Team

How do u guys thinks Alvester will do?
OrediggerPoke
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 63 times
Been liked: 230 times

Maybe its just me, but all this make one mistake and we will try someone else reminds me a lot of....last year's QB carousel.

I like Alexander's seemingly big-play ability, but does Terry really deserve to go behind a guy (Brandon Stewart) who has had all of 2 weeks at RB?
wyo 1
Ranch Hand
Has liked: 4 times

McPeachy wrote:I saw that Alexander was promoted to starter...Darius moved to #2. I didn't think either one did a damn thing against Ceeew to promote the shake-up.
i thought i read somewhere that AA averages something like 5 yards per carry and DT averages 3. production move i guess.
Asmodeanreborn
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 23 times

wyo 1 wrote:
i thought i read somewhere that AA averages something like 5 yards per carry and DT averages 3. production move i guess.
AA ran for positive yards against CU, Terry ran for -3 yards, for starters.
Over the first three games, AA has 6 yards per carry, Terry has 3.3.
The shakeup kind of makes sense to me, especially if AA manages to keep the ball moving, AND since he's a freshman, and we're already starting so many of the kids that we might as well do so at RB as well.
gopokes1399
Blog Team

Is DC just trying to spark some guys? Bolling and Terry are now not starting and i think they will each get a lot of time just not as starters i think DC is just trying to get them going make them work for PT you know?
Fullback41
A Real Cowboy

I really hope not. I hate the playing for the future mentality, coaches that do that find themselves fired before the future comes and it isn't fair to the seniors. I would much rather be like Steve Fairchild and play an inexperienced senior QB every year than play for the future with less than your best. That said, I really think ACS and AA are in there to help us win NOW which is perfect. AA's average is better, but part of that is less carries, and a big run vs Weber. As long as he keeps his avg up and doesn't fumble it is a good move. Playing for the future (a 1-11 season) won't do much for recruiting so we need to win as many as possible now. Play the guys who give you the best chance to win the next game, I think DC is doing that.

In goes both ways as well, I hate play seniors just because seniors. If a younger guy gives you a better chance to win he should play, again it isn't fair to the others to have less than your best out there.
In heaven there is no beer, thats why we drink it here, and when we're gone from here, our friends will be drinking all the beer!