Game thread

Everything Wyoming Cowboy and Mountain West football!
MrTitleist
WyoNation Overlord
Has liked: 8 times
Been liked: 31 times

UNLV in field goal range.
ImageImageImageImage
gopokes1399
Blog Team

4 n 3 on the 28 w 113 we dropped a pick it sounds like
MrTitleist
WyoNation Overlord

UNLV attempting FG from 50 yards.
ImageImageImageImage
MrTitleist
WyoNation Overlord

BLOCKED!!!!!!!!
ImageImageImageImage
gopokes1399
Blog Team

50-yard field goal now. ... Didn't even get it off. Missed hold or something. Wow. Sorry folks, I gotta run. Looked like the holder dropped it.

they had a delay of game after a penalty yes!!!!!!!!!!!!!! W for the pokes fellas its a start!
MrTitleist
WyoNation Overlord

1:10 left, Wyoming football at the 41.
ImageImageImageImage
MrTitleist
WyoNation Overlord

3rd and 10, 1:04 left. Wyoming football.
ImageImageImageImage
MrTitleist
WyoNation Overlord

Alright, gotta jet. Montana's on.
ImageImageImageImage
gopokes1399
Blog Team

16 seconds 4 down!
Asmodeanreborn
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 23 times

I did NOT think deep down that Wyoming would win this! Absolutely awesome!!!

W-Y-O!
gopokes1399
Blog Team

game!!! 30-27
ACS- 24-37 234 YDS 3 TDs!!!
Tashaun Gipson- 2 pics 4 Tacks
Mccoy- 53.2 yards a punt
Watts- 3-3 FG and 3-3 PAT long of 29, shouldve been TDs
Knapton- 17 tacks
Prosinski-13 tacks
Weston Johnson- 9 tackles 2 for loss
Asmodeanreborn
Bronco-Buster

Here's the amazing part of this game:

Wyoming left 12 points out there with 3 field goals under 30 yards. Imagine once this offense REALLY starts clicking. I know UNLV's defense is nothing spectacular, but still, things are coming together!

Also, remember that we're playing a LOT of young kids! If ACS can put up these kinds of numbers as a true freshman, imagine what it could be like next year and the year after with some better receivers!

+4 in turnover ratio... wow. We were bottom 3 in the entire NCAA last season in turnover ratio, now we're +8 after 4 games. Sure we gave up some big plays, but do the big plays really matter that much when they're offset by turnovers?
roozy
Ranch Hand

Asmodeanreborn wrote:Here's the amazing part of this game:

Wyoming left 12 points out there with 3 field goals under 30 yards. Imagine once this offense REALLY starts clicking. I know UNLV's defense is nothing spectacular, but still, things are coming together!

Also, remember that we're playing a LOT of young kids! If ACS can put up these kinds of numbers as a true freshman, imagine what it could be like next year and the year after with some better receivers!

+4 in turnover ratio... wow. We were bottom 3 in the entire NCAA last season in turnover ratio, now we're +8 after 4 games. Sure we gave up some big plays, but do the big plays really matter that much when they're offset by turnovers?
And you predicted "THE SCORE! OH, THE SCORE!!!"
Jesus First, then football
siliconvalleycowboy
Buckaroo

Wyoming left 12 points out there with 3 field goals under 30 yards. Imagine once this offense REALLY starts clicking. I know UNLV's defense is nothing spectacular, but still, things are coming together
Unfortunately I think scoring in the red zone is one of the knocks on this kind of spread offense and something we're going to see a lot. When you rely so much on the pass and then get in a short field in the red zone and can't spread it out as much it gets more difficult. But regardless big time improvement today!
What do you mean funny? Funny how? Like I'm a clown? I amuse you?
Asmodeanreborn
Bronco-Buster

siliconvalleycowboy wrote:

Wyoming left 12 points out there with 3 field goals under 30 yards. Imagine once this offense REALLY starts clicking. I know UNLV's defense is nothing spectacular, but still, things are coming together
Unfortunately I think scoring in the red zone is one of the knocks on this kind of spread offense and something we're going to see a lot. When you rely so much on the pass and then get in a short field in the red zone and can't spread it out as much it gets more difficult. But regardless big time improvement today!
That's only true if you can't run the ball, though. I think we have enough talented runners that we should be able to punch the ball in when they get some experience and with some more muscle. Alexander is 5'11, 200 at the moment... if he can go up to around 215 or so in the next year or two, we should be able to have him get yards in the red zone as well. But yeah, I know that lack of redzone scoring is a problem for this kind of spread... They actually pointed this out in last night's game (the Mizzou one).
WYO1016
WyoNation Addict
Has liked: 34 times
Been liked: 101 times

Quick write-up from a guy who was there:

1. Kicking was great all around. Jake Scott had some problems with kickoffs early, but ironed them out in the second half. McCoy did an AWESOME job punting all game, and it's pretty obvious that Watts will have the place kicking job until he screws up bad. He won the game for us.

2. Offense looked flat out bad in the first half until the last drive of the 2nd quarter. After that the Pokes offense looked scary good. We're still pretty green, but once ACS got comfortable and started making his reads everything gelled. It looks like the coaches have found the guys who will play, and I'm excited to see how we do now that everything is starting to click.

3. Defense looked really REALLY good. Don't let the stats fool you, we completely shut down the UNLV offense. There was a big play here and there, but our defense is very nasty and never quits.

Huge win for the Cowboys. Tough road game next week, but I'm confident that we have nowhere to go but up this season. I'm extremely proud to be a Pokes fan right now.
MrTitleist
WyoNation Overlord

Asmodeanreborn wrote:Also, remember that we're playing a LOT of young kids! If ACS can put up these kinds of numbers as a true freshman, imagine what it could be like next year and the year after with some better receivers!
Karsten Sween, anyone? :)

WYO1016 wrote:2. Offense looked flat out bad in the first half until the last drive of the 2nd quarter. After that the Pokes offense looked scary good. We're still pretty green, but once ACS got comfortable and started making his reads everything gelled. It looks like the coaches have found the guys who will play, and I'm excited to see how we do now that everything is starting to click.
D'oh! You said "scary good." Curses curses!!!
ImageImageImageImage
Wind River Poke
Ranch Hand

Best news of the day is that we may actually have a place kicker. The kid was iced more than once and delivered.
“God bless Wyoming and keep it wild.”
-Helen Mettler, age 15, 1925