Love Bohl, but...

Everything Wyoming Cowboy and Mountain West football!
laxwyo
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 135 times
Been liked: 144 times

Can we ban anyone with “bison” in their handle? I’m tired of hearing about how they’re dominating the WNBA.

Back to football. 0 pass tds in 3 games tells you everything you need to know.

Have we seen a draw at all this year? Isn’t that a staple of pro style offenses?

I’ll say it again. We should pass on 1st down 75% of the time until we lose or they take guys out of the box
W-Y, Until I Die!
2011BisonAlumni
Buckaroo

johnywyo wrote: Sun Sep 09, 2018 12:36 pm Vigen & Bohl must be joined at the hip. It is problematic in year 5, that we have huge limitations in personnel and talent on the scoring side of the ball. Seems to me with the suceess our defense has experienced (not withstanding last 2 weeks) and the hiring of Scotty, Bohl hasn’t let Vigen go.

I admire loyalty, and we need continuity at UW. Yet a good CEO cuts his losses and rights the company outside of loyalty and friendship. We have not gotten the “right kids” on this offense. Seriosly Craig, we need change or whatever we’ve accomplished will come to a grinding halt if you lose the confidence of those whom look to you for the leadership you’ve forged in your 40 years of football experience.

Maybe its not now, but we can’t expect to get out of the football purgatory in offense production without some serious moves in recruiting, planning, and playbook development. I could give a poop about NDSU or Joe Glenn or Wyo history, and previous records. Lets get the Coach’s and schemes that will win the MWC. The rest will take care of itself. Just take care of Wyoming Football in 2018.
Wyoming's offensive line and QB play is not good.

It isn't scheme, it is personnel.

Again, someone NDSU can run the same scheme and routinely beat P5 schools. Wyoming needs more horses, and unfortunately, Wyoming is a tough place to get those horses to.
Last edited by 2011BisonAlumni on Sun Sep 09, 2018 2:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.
2011BisonAlumni
Buckaroo

seattlecowboy wrote: Sun Sep 09, 2018 10:12 am
LanderPoke wrote: Sun Sep 09, 2018 10:05 am
2011BisonAlumni wrote: Sun Sep 09, 2018 1:12 am
ragtimejoe1 wrote: Sat Sep 08, 2018 9:26 pm
307bball wrote: Sat Sep 08, 2018 9:22 pm
ragtimejoe1 wrote: Sat Sep 08, 2018 9:13 pm
307bball wrote: Sat Sep 08, 2018 9:07 pm
2011BisonAlumni wrote: Sat Sep 08, 2018 9:02 pm
seattlecowboy wrote: Sat Sep 08, 2018 8:49 pm
2011BisonAlumni wrote: Sat Sep 08, 2018 8:41 pm
SDPokeFan wrote: Sat Sep 08, 2018 8:21 pm His offense only works when you’re bigger, faster, stronger. This isn’t North Dakota St. The offensive line and backs aren’t good enough to run a pro style ground and pound.
You are right this isn’t NDSU....NDSU beats P5 schools on a regular basis.

He beat P5 schools at NDSU using that exact same offense.

It’s just that you are Wyoming....
He beat horrible P5 teams at NDSU. He only beat one half decent team there. The rest were really bad teams. NDSU would have a losing record if they played an FBS schedule. He also lost to Wyoming while at NDSU.
Ha when is the last time Wyoming beat a P5 school? Terrible or not? NDSU doesn’t even play an FBS schedule, yet they have beat 5 this decade alone.

You put any NDSU team over the last 8 years I’m the MW and they are a contender if not a front runner.
Well ... He's not wrong. ;)
Yeah he is. Look at NDSU losses over those years.
I'm confused ... is your contention that NDSU is an under-achieving program? The question of whether or not Bohl is a good coach isn't in doubt...he's got a pedigree and still hasn't gotten it done at WYO (Still a chance here for that to change).

NDSU past 8 years:

14-1
12-2
13-2
15-1
15-0
14-1
14-1
9-5

If your trying to convince me that what is going on at NDSU is a fluke you are sadly misinformed....and I'm beginning to think that what is happening at Wyoming is not a fluke either :cry:
NDSU in MWC would be equal to or less than WYO in MWC.
Ya you are delusional....

NDSU is very much likely a top 25 college football team this year, and really have been for many years. I know that’s hard for you to wrap your head around but any credible person would tell you that. Bohl had success because he was at one of the very best programs in college football.

It’s not Bohl. It’s not the offense......it’s the fact he is in Wyoming. I guarantee you if he’s coaching this year’s NDSU team, he isn’t losing to Missouri.
:rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: holy cow. you are mentally handicapped
I know right? And the comment that this years NDSU team would beat MIssouri? Missouri will probably finish 8-4 or 9-3 in the SEC. Sorry but as good as NDSU has been for FCS there is no way in hell they are beating middle to top half SEC teams on the road.
Right now NDSU's Sagarin ranking is 29. Missouri is 38. If this game was played right now, NDSU would actually be favored. You could go walk into Vegas with your no way in hell assumption and chances are you'd be losing some money.

Talent wise, he hasn't had even close to what he has had at NDSU. That is a fact, not fiction. I know it's hard to wrap your head around it. Here's the sagarin rankings at each of Bohl's Wyoming years (2018 not completed yet).

2018- NDSU 29; Wyoming 89
2017- NDSU 31; Wyoming 73
2016- NDSU 44; Wyoming 78
2015- NDSU 36; Wyoming 154
2014- NDSU 32; Wyoming 126

Pre- Bohl

2013- NDSU 17; Wyoming 134
2012- NDSU 35; Wyoming 121

He had a team/program at NDSU that was really middle to top tier in college football, measured by any advanced statistical measurements, and has taken over a vastly inferiorly talented team at Wyoming.
Last edited by 2011BisonAlumni on Sun Sep 09, 2018 2:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Poke in New England
Cowpoke
Has liked: 16 times
Been liked: 78 times

2011BisonAlumni wrote: Sun Sep 09, 2018 12:20 pm
OrediggerPoke wrote: Sun Sep 09, 2018 12:14 pm
2011BisonAlumni wrote: Sun Sep 09, 2018 12:10 pm I honestly think you guys might be one of the most uneducated fan bases in college football...that or you are clearly oblivious to watching the game of football.

Go look up the sagarin ratings for the MVFC last year. It was a higher rated conference than the MW for a very good portion of the year, and by end of the year ranked dam near even. In 2016, it ranked higher. In terms of competitiveness, it is dam near equal. NDSU, SDSU, USD, Illinois State, hell even dumpster fire YSU.....they have ALL beat P5 schools in recent years. Again, please tell me the last time Wyoming beat a P5 school?

USD is a very middle of the road MVFC team and they dam near beat K State last week......that’s how tough that conference is.

Boho is trying to win in an impossible situation. You guys will catch lightning in a bottle every few years, but that doesn’t change the fact that Laramie Wyoming is an incredibly tough place to recruit players to. poop, Bohl routinely still tries to go into Minnesota/Wisconsin to recruit, and 9 times out of 10 NDSU has been getting those recruits.
Yea, the Missouri Valley Conference is somewhere between the SEC and the AFC West. Everyone is dying to move to Fargo. Vacation capital of the US. Now get lost.
Go look up the Sagarin ratings....they are the closest predictor out there. There is a reason why Vegas uses it.

Something I guess. NDSU routinely beats Wyoming for recruits. College football players usually prefer to play for winning teams and be in a city with something to do. Laramie is a nice town, but it is boring as f-word.

Honestly I hope you do fire Bohl. It’s always something to blame for you guys. Never so you just look at yourself in the mirror and say “This is Laramie Wyoming and we are trying to compete on the FBS”.
Something that couldn't be said for NDSU. You have an amazing program but FCS is always an afterthought. Always. Frankly any ranking that has an FCS conference (as a whole) neck and neck with a G5 conference that had three first round draft picks last year is total crap. Line up MWC vs MVC 1-10 and I think the MVC would be lucky to win one or two.
2011BisonAlumni
Buckaroo

Poke in New England wrote: Sun Sep 09, 2018 2:06 pm
2011BisonAlumni wrote: Sun Sep 09, 2018 12:20 pm
OrediggerPoke wrote: Sun Sep 09, 2018 12:14 pm
2011BisonAlumni wrote: Sun Sep 09, 2018 12:10 pm I honestly think you guys might be one of the most uneducated fan bases in college football...that or you are clearly oblivious to watching the game of football.

Go look up the sagarin ratings for the MVFC last year. It was a higher rated conference than the MW for a very good portion of the year, and by end of the year ranked dam near even. In 2016, it ranked higher. In terms of competitiveness, it is dam near equal. NDSU, SDSU, USD, Illinois State, hell even dumpster fire YSU.....they have ALL beat P5 schools in recent years. Again, please tell me the last time Wyoming beat a P5 school?

USD is a very middle of the road MVFC team and they dam near beat K State last week......that’s how tough that conference is.

Boho is trying to win in an impossible situation. You guys will catch lightning in a bottle every few years, but that doesn’t change the fact that Laramie Wyoming is an incredibly tough place to recruit players to. poop, Bohl routinely still tries to go into Minnesota/Wisconsin to recruit, and 9 times out of 10 NDSU has been getting those recruits.
Yea, the Missouri Valley Conference is somewhere between the SEC and the AFC West. Everyone is dying to move to Fargo. Vacation capital of the US. Now get lost.
Go look up the Sagarin ratings....they are the closest predictor out there. There is a reason why Vegas uses it.

Something I guess. NDSU routinely beats Wyoming for recruits. College football players usually prefer to play for winning teams and be in a city with something to do. Laramie is a nice town, but it is boring as f-word.

Honestly I hope you do fire Bohl. It’s always something to blame for you guys. Never so you just look at yourself in the mirror and say “This is Laramie Wyoming and we are trying to compete on the FBS”.
Something that couldn't be said for NDSU. You have an amazing program but FCS is always an afterthought. Always. Frankly any ranking that has an FCS conference (as a whole) neck and neck with a G5 conference that had three first round draft picks last year is total crap. Line up MWC vs MVC 1-10 and I think the MVC would be lucky to win one or two.
Those are the most advanced statistical predictors in college football. They are actually amazingly accurate.

So you can call it crap all you want, but there is a very good reason why Vegas uses it.
calpoke25
A Real Cowboy

2011BisonAlumni wrote: Sun Sep 09, 2018 2:02 pm
SDPokeFan wrote: Sat Sep 08, 2018 8:21 pm His offense only works when you’re bigger, faster, stronger. This isn’t North Dakota St. The offensive line and backs aren’t good enough to run a pro style ground and pound.

He beat horrible P5 teams at NDSU. He only beat one half decent team there. The rest were really bad teams. NDSU would have a losing record if they played an FBS schedule. He also lost to Wyoming while at NDSU.
Ha when is the last time Wyoming beat a P5 school? Terrible or not? NDSU doesn’t even play an FBS schedule, yet they have beat 5 this decade alone.

You put any NDSU team over the last 8 years I’m the MW and they are a contender if not a front runner.
I'm confused ... is your contention that NDSU is an under-achieving program? The question of whether or not Bohl is a good coach isn't in doubt...he's got a pedigree and still hasn't gotten it done at WYO (Still a chance here for that to change).

NDSU past 8 years:

14-1
12-2
13-2
15-1
15-0
14-1
14-1
9-5

If your trying to convince me that what is going on at NDSU is a fluke you are sadly misinformed....and I'm beginning to think that what is happening at Wyoming is not a fluke either :cry:

NDSU is very much likely a top 25 college football team this year, and really have been for many years. I know that’s hard for you to wrap your head around but any credible person would tell you that. Bohl had success because he was at one of the very best programs in college football.

It’s not Bohl. It’s not the offense......it’s the fact he is in Wyoming. I guarantee you if he’s coaching this year’s NDSU team, he isn’t losing to Missouri.
:rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: holy cow. you are mentally handicapped
I know right? And the comment that this years NDSU team would beat MIssouri? Missouri will probably finish 8-4 or 9-3 in the SEC. Sorry but as good as NDSU has been for FCS there is no way in hell they are beating middle to top half SEC teams on the road.
Right now NDSU's Sagarin ranking is 29. Missouri is 38. If this game was played right now, NDSU would actually be favored. You could go walk into Vegas with your no way in hell assumption and chances are you'd be losing some money.

Talent wise, he hasn't had even close to what he has had at NDSU. That is a fact, not fiction. I know it's hard to wrap your head around it. Here's the sagarin rankings at each of Bohl's Wyoming years (2018 not completed yet).

Pre- Bohl

He had a team/program at NDSU that was really middle to top tier in college football, measured by any advanced statistical measurements, and has taken over a vastly inferiorly talented team at Wyoming.
You honestly just said NDSU would be favored over Mizzou due to Sagarin. Whatever shred of credibility you had is officially gone.
laxwyo
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 135 times
Been liked: 144 times

calpoke25 wrote: Sun Sep 09, 2018 5:53 pm

NDSU past 8 years:

14-1
12-2
13-2
15-1
15-0
14-1
14-1
9-5

Pre- Bohl

You honestly just said NDSU would be favored over Mizzou due to Sagarin. Whatever shred of credibility you had is officially gone.
Fargo has some good weed
W-Y, Until I Die!
ELKMT
A Real Cowboy
Been liked: 6 times

Did NDS beat a D 1 program last year? Isn’t South Dakota the better Dakota the last 3 years? Does anyone care? Laramie rules!
ragtimejoe1
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 20 times
Been liked: 128 times

coantag_creek_poke wrote: Sun Sep 09, 2018 12:58 pm Joe Glenn couldn’t hold Craig Bohls jock. That comparison is honestly idiotic.
Based on? Joe Glenn's teams would run rough shod over much of the current MWC. Joe Glenn's record through 4 years was similar to Bohl's and Glenn beat P5 programs including a Vegas Bowl win.

If Bohl had TCU, Utah, and byu that would be 3 more conference losses.

I really do like Bohl but better than Glenn? Not by any reasonable measure.
WYO1016 wrote: Fri Dec 08, 2023 8:10 am I'm starting to think that Burman has been laying the pipe to ragtimejoe1's wife
Insults are the last resort of fools with a crumbling position.
2011BisonAlumni
Buckaroo

calpoke25 wrote: Sun Sep 09, 2018 5:53 pm

NDSU past 8 years:

14-1
12-2
13-2
15-1
15-0
14-1
14-1
9-5

Pre- Bohl

I’m saying it based on the fact they are a better team.

And really where is the evidence to the contrary? All NDSU has done is routinely beat P5 team after P5 team. This is a senior laden team. 2016 they were sophomores and walked into #11 Iowa and won. How did Wyoming do the very next year when they played Iowa?

Point being said, NDSU has put on a better product on the field than Wyoming.....far better actually. Bohl could win P5 games at NDSU using his system because he had the players to do it. He doesn’t at Wyoming. If he did, he’d be winning games just like he did at NDSU.

The fatal flaw in Craig Bohl is that he thought he could do at Wyoming what he did at NDSU. What he failed to realize he was going to have a hard time going into Minnesota/Wisconsin and trying to convince people to go to school in Laramie Wyoming. Frankly speaking, he is getting his ass handed to him in recruiting in those areas. He then is running into the same problems as every Wyoming coach before him. The western recruiting base is heavily recruited and players are FAR more interested in going to school in Fort Collins, Boise, San Diego etc versus Laramie Wyoming.
Last edited by 2011BisonAlumni on Sun Sep 09, 2018 8:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.
seattlecowboy
WyoNation Addict
Has liked: 2 times
Been liked: 16 times

[/quote]

[/quote]

And really where is the evidence to the contrary? All NDSU has done is routinely beat P5 team after P5 team. This is a senior laden team. 2016 they were sophomores and walked into #11 Iowa and won.

But point being said, NDSU has put on a better product on the field than Wyoming.....far better actually. Bohl could win P5 games at NDSU using his system because he had the players to do it. He doesn’t at Wyoming.
[/quote]

Nothing against you man but you are making me laugh. I can tell you right now for a fact that NDSU would not be favored over this Mizzou team whether it is in Columbia , Missouri or Fargo. Vegas does not make lines based on Saragin ratings at all.

I know NDSU is a good team never said they weren't. That Iowa team you beat was a decent win no doubt but you beat them I think the 2nd game of the year and while Iowa may have been ranked #11 at the time they weren't the 11th best team in the country that year. They were ranked high at the beginning of the year because of how well they did the year before but lost a lot off of that team. So again you beat a decent Iowa team but not the 11th best team in the country.

Bohl's offensive system will not work at smaller schools like NDSU or Wyoming on a full 12 game FBS schedule because you can't wear down every team you play against in FBS. It may work for one game, in a one off spot, like NDSU gets to play where the team can get up for one game a year but if you have to keep using it week after week against better competition it ends up folding because you aren't going to out athlete everyone.

You need to be able to recruit like a Stanford or a Wisconsin for it to work for you, which NDSU nor Wyoming will ever be able to do.

Follow me on Twitter for all of your Free/Paid sports wagers all year around. Football, Basketball, Baseball, Hockey, Soccer, Tennis, etc….

488-348 +721 Units won in 6.5 months follow @bet_chase on twitter….
2011BisonAlumni
Buckaroo

seattlecowboy wrote: Sun Sep 09, 2018 8:04 pm

[/quote]

And really where is the evidence to the contrary? All NDSU has done is routinely beat P5 team after P5 team. This is a senior laden team. 2016 they were sophomores and walked into #11 Iowa and won.

But point being said, NDSU has put on a better product on the field than Wyoming.....far better actually. Bohl could win P5 games at NDSU using his system because he had the players to do it. He doesn’t at Wyoming.
[/quote]

Nothing against you man but you are making me laugh. I can tell you right now for a fact that NDSU would not be favored over this Mizzou team whether it is in Columbia , Missouri or Fargo. Vegas does not make lines based on Saragin ratings at all.

I know NDSU is a good team never said they weren't. That Iowa team you beat was a decent win no doubt but you beat them I think the 2nd game of the year and while Iowa may have been ranked #11 at the time they weren't the 11th best team in the country that year. They were ranked high at the beginning of the year because of how well they did the year before but lost a lot off of that team. So again you beat a decent Iowa team but not the 11th best team in the country.

Bohl's offensive system will not work at smaller schools like NDSU or Wyoming on a full 12 game FBS schedule because you can't wear down every team you play against in FBS. It may work for one game, in a one off spot, like NDSU gets to play where the team can get up for one game a year but if you have to keep using it week after week against better competition it ends up folding because you aren't going to out athlete everyone.

You need to be able to recruit like a Stanford or a Wisconsin for it to work for you, which NDSU nor Wyoming will ever be able to do.
[/quote]

Right but you guys aren’t playing P5 schools routinely. You are playing them about as frequently as NDSU....but Bohl can’t beat them at Wyoming. Why? He hasn’t had as much talent.

I have yet to see one offensive or defensive line unit that Bohl has been able to put together that has even come close to have at NDSU. Has he had consistent QB play like he did at NDSU? How about running backs....outside of Brian Hill, who has he brought in?
joshvanklomp
WyoNation Addict

ragtimejoe1 wrote: Sun Sep 09, 2018 6:03 amGlenn's MWC was a short step behind the P5 which is why he competed with the P5 at times. Bohl's MWC is light years away from the P5.

Bohl would have had 1 bowl eligible team in the MWC of old. I get that you are a fan of the name on an office door, but for many of us, WYO football is much more than the past 4 years.

I really like Bohl, and think he has done good things. Outside of BSU, we should compete against other crappy MWC teams. All I'm saying is that so far, he isn't better than Glenn and Bohl needs to evaluate his O. If he can't have full access to plays in his playbook after 5 years, that's a problem. Hence, Vigen should be on notice. Having nearly the worst offense in FBS 2 years running is unacceptable in most programs, especially when playing against defenses in a mostly weak conference.
Here are the P5's Glenn beat:

Ole Miss (4-7)
UCLA (6-5) *bowl game
Ole Miss (3-8)
Virginia (9-4)
Tennessee (5-7)

You're right, they had one (maybe two) good P5 wins in his six years. None of the others Glenn's teams beat compare to the P5s Bohl has faced. Those teams would've lost to Oregon, MSU, Iowa, Nebraska, Wazzu, Mizzou just like Bohl's teams have.
I said it sucks.....to be.....a CSU Ram! #GoWyo
ragtimejoe1
Bronco-Buster

joshvanklomp wrote: Sun Sep 09, 2018 11:25 pm
ragtimejoe1 wrote: Sun Sep 09, 2018 6:03 amGlenn's MWC was a short step behind the P5 which is why he competed with the P5 at times. Bohl's MWC is light years away from the P5.

Bohl would have had 1 bowl eligible team in the MWC of old. I get that you are a fan of the name on an office door, but for many of us, WYO football is much more than the past 4 years.

I really like Bohl, and think he has done good things. Outside of BSU, we should compete against other crappy MWC teams. All I'm saying is that so far, he isn't better than Glenn and Bohl needs to evaluate his O. If he can't have full access to plays in his playbook after 5 years, that's a problem. Hence, Vigen should be on notice. Having nearly the worst offense in FBS 2 years running is unacceptable in most programs, especially when playing against defenses in a mostly weak conference.
Here are the P5's Glenn beat:

Ole Miss (4-7)
UCLA (6-5) *bowl game
Ole Miss (3-8)
Virginia (9-4)
Tennessee (5-7)

You're right, they had one (maybe two) good P5 wins in his six years. None of the others Glenn's teams beat compare to the P5s Bohl has faced. Those teams would've lost to Oregon, MSU, Iowa, Nebraska, Wazzu, Mizzou just like Bohl's teams have.
You are making assumptions on WSU and Missouri. Lots of season left to assume they will be better than 5 wins. Perhaps, but unknown at this point.

The point you are missing is Glenn's MWC was nearly P5 at the top. Bohl's best team would be 3rd at best in the MWC of old. Through 4 years, I'd take Glenn's 04 and 06 teams over any of Bohl's. The team 2 years ago was solid and certainly comparable to Glenn's. Last year's team wouldn't have sniffed a bowl in the old MWC. There is no question that the "bad years" under Bohl were worse than Glenn's bad teams.

Again, I know you really don't have a concept beyond the past 4 years, but Bohl hasn't done something unprecedented. He's had trouble putting together a consistent and deep line. He appears to be sticking with an OC that is in over his head. Like the original post, eerily similar to Glenn.

I like Bohl and believe he'll address the Vigen issue. He's already started calling out the O. I think it is going to require more time than we hoped and the MWC is bad enough that Bohl can still be competitive while building. However, I don't care if it is Bohl, Glenn, Saban, Meyer, or whoever. I don't care about specific offensive philosophy or whatever. 3 of 4 and looking at possibly 4 of 5 years with an offense ranked around 100 or worse is not a good thing.

Nonetheless, that isn't the overall point of the thread which is how similar this is to the Glenn years.
WYO1016 wrote: Fri Dec 08, 2023 8:10 am I'm starting to think that Burman has been laying the pipe to ragtimejoe1's wife
bladerunnr
A Real Cowboy
Has liked: 3 times
Been liked: 66 times

This revisionist history of the quality of the MWC during the Joe Glenn era is nuts. In 2004, The MWC had only 1 team (Utah) that had fewer than 5 losses. TCU wasn't in the conference yet and byu was really down from their glory days. Last place UNLV took us to triple overtime. We got steamrolled by a 4-7 csewe team. Frankly, we were lucky to get a bowl bid. Our 3 (count em, 3) conference wins were all teams with losing records. 2004 was our only winning season under Joe Glen.

The last 3 years of the Joe Glenn era featured the most inept qb play we've had in my 35 years of watching Wyoming football. This isn't to say Bohl is off the hook. His first 2 years were the worst football I've ever seen at Wyoming - including the Vic years. He has a lot of work to do to salvage this season. But this conference is not a walk through compared to the Glenn era.
ragtimejoe1
Bronco-Buster

bladerunnr wrote: Mon Sep 10, 2018 8:10 am This revisionist history of the quality of the MWC during the Joe Glenn era is nuts. In 2004, The MWC had only 1 team (Utah) that had fewer than 5 losses. TCU wasn't in the conference yet and byu was really down from their glory days. Last place UNLV took us to triple overtime. We got steamrolled by a 4-7 csewe team. Frankly, we were lucky to get a bowl bid. Our 3 (count em, 3) conference wins were all teams with losing records. 2004 was our only winning season under Joe Glen.

The last 3 years of the Joe Glenn era featured the most inept qb play we've had in my 35 years of watching Wyoming football. This isn't to say Bohl is off the hook. His first 2 years were the worst football I've ever seen at Wyoming - including the Vic years. He has a lot of work to do to salvage this season. But this conference is not a walk through compared to the Glenn era.
? TCU was there and byu was t25 in a few of those season. Utah went to the fiesta in 05 I think. Rocky had a solid unm team in those stretches. The MWC was doing well in bowls. When I get time, I'll compile the sos, offensive rankings, overall coaches record, etc. for Bohl and Glenn. and they will be similar if not fully in favor of Glenn.
joshvanklomp
WyoNation Addict

ragtimejoe1 wrote: Mon Sep 10, 2018 6:38 amThe point you are missing is Glenn's MWC was nearly P5 at the top. Bohl's best team would be 3rd at best in the MWC of old. Through 4 years, I'd take Glenn's 04 and 06 teams over any of Bohl's. The team 2 years ago was solid and certainly comparable to Glenn's. Last year's team wouldn't have sniffed a bowl in the old MWC. There is no question that the "bad years" under Bohl were worse than Glenn's bad teams.
OK fine, so lets break down how Glenn performed against the "nearly P5") top of the MWC those years.

2003: Utah (L 47-17)
2004: Utah (L 45-28)
2005: TCU (L 28-14)
2006: BYU (L 55-7)
2007: BYU (L 35-10)
2008: Utah (L 40-7)

Wow, that's so much better than Bohl's record against the P5.
ragtimejoe1
Bronco-Buster

joshvanklomp wrote: Mon Sep 10, 2018 10:29 am
ragtimejoe1 wrote: Mon Sep 10, 2018 6:38 amThe point you are missing is Glenn's MWC was nearly P5 at the top. Bohl's best team would be 3rd at best in the MWC of old. Through 4 years, I'd take Glenn's 04 and 06 teams over any of Bohl's. The team 2 years ago was solid and certainly comparable to Glenn's. Last year's team wouldn't have sniffed a bowl in the old MWC. There is no question that the "bad years" under Bohl were worse than Glenn's bad teams.
OK fine, so lets break down how Glenn performed against the "nearly P5") top of the MWC those years.

You are starting to get the point how SIMILAR the two are. Difference is Glenn's OOC record. Take this year, Bohl would have an automatic 5 losses with this OOC and tcu, utah, and byu. Bohl would have 1 year of bowl eligibility in the MWC of old.

Why is this important? We need to learn from the Glenn years. He probably needed at least 1 more year and likely 2. 5 years between Bohl and Glenn I bet (since 1 year is not technically done) will be nearly identical. Bohl is a good coach along the lines of Glenn.
joshvanklomp
WyoNation Addict

ragtimejoe1 wrote: Mon Sep 10, 2018 10:52 amWhy is this important? We need to learn from the Glenn years. He probably needed at least 1 more year and likely 2. 5 years between Bohl and Glenn I bet (since 1 year is not technically done) will be nearly identical. Bohl is a good coach along the lines of Glenn.
If I knew this was what you were saying, I wouldn't have been disagreeing so much.... :lol:
bladerunnr
A Real Cowboy
Has liked: 3 times
Been liked: 66 times

joshvanklomp wrote: Mon Sep 10, 2018 10:29 am

Actually, you were kind in not pointing out just how bad 2008 was. We lost to byu 44-0, new mexico 24-0 and tcu 54-7. In 2007, we had the infamous "flip off" game where we lost to Utah 50-0. Even if Joe Glen had a more difficult schedule (maybe), the results were nothing short of embarrassing.