The schedule wasn’t kind to the pokes this year

Everything Wyoming Cowboy and Mountain West football!
Asmodeanreborn
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 23 times

seattlecowboy wrote: Mon Sep 17, 2018 9:59 am I watched the Boise St. / Okie St. Game as well. That score is mis leading somewhat. OSU blocked 2 Boise St. Punts for TD's. Which made it look like it was worse than it really was. Obviously blocking punts and scoring are part of the game but it wasn't the OSU offense that marched the whole way down the field for 2 of those scores.
I think Boise will destroy Wyoming. Wyoming will be lucky to win 3 more games this year unless something drastic changes.
Yeah, I was going to post to mention those blocked punts as well. Boise had well over 400 yards in the game despite never getting their ground game going.
LanderPoke
WyoNation Lifer
Has liked: 597 times
Been liked: 238 times

Asmodeanreborn wrote: Mon Sep 17, 2018 10:19 am
seattlecowboy wrote: Mon Sep 17, 2018 9:59 am I watched the Boise St. / Okie St. Game as well. That score is mis leading somewhat. OSU blocked 2 Boise St. Punts for TD's. Which made it look like it was worse than it really was. Obviously blocking punts and scoring are part of the game but it wasn't the OSU offense that marched the whole way down the field for 2 of those scores.
I think Boise will destroy Wyoming. Wyoming will be lucky to win 3 more games this year unless something drastic changes.
Yeah, I was going to post to mention those blocked punts as well. Boise had well over 400 yards in the game despite never getting their ground game going.
I didn't see the game and just glanced at the stats and the score and it didn't make any sense. It does now knowing that there were two blocked punts.
Asmodeanreborn
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 23 times

LanderPoke wrote: Mon Sep 17, 2018 10:22 am I didn't see the game and just glanced at the stats and the score and it didn't make any sense. It does now knowing that there were two blocked punts.
Yeah... by no means am I claiming that Boise was the better team and just got unlucky, but they certainly didn't get stomped either.
Poke in New England
Cowpoke
Has liked: 16 times
Been liked: 78 times

Asmodeanreborn wrote: Mon Sep 17, 2018 10:19 am
Rypien is really good. I'm scared of what he'll do to our freshman corners.
J-Rod
Bronco-Buster

Boise State and Wyoming, two teams with pretty darn good defenses, albeit maybe a little overrated in the preseason. Difference between the two is the offenses are night and day going into the bye.