What’s Joe Glenn doing these days?

Everything Wyoming Cowboy and Mountain West football!
ELKMT
A Real Cowboy
Been liked: 6 times

He never lost to an FCS school. Better than the poop from the last two coaches. If Bohl loses to Wofford he’s basically the reverse of DC ( maybe worse). I don’t blame Bohl but looking at the AD for firing Glenn to hire the exact opposite to hire Glenn 2.0.
ELKMT
A Real Cowboy

Glad to see UW pull out basically the http://www.espn.com/college-football/ma ... =292482751 and the Joe Glenn NDS win. Got to do better. This is a great team unleash TVW.
stymeman
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 4 times
Been liked: 44 times

it's about focus and I think we don't have enough at times, just sayin, I loved Joe and wish he'd come back in some capacity at UW he's a true shot in the arm. It's hard being a head coach in D1 especially at Wyoming where recruiting's tough etc....Hope Joe's doing well
COS Cowboy
Cowpoke
Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 1 time

stymeman
Bronco-Buster

As was Papa Shyatt, spoiling the grandkids, he was on the radio with Dave and Kevin, always good to have our "alumni" come back and support good ol UW
Cornpoke
A Real Cowboy

Nice to see our former Coaches still showing Wyo pride! I will always respect Joe Glenn and wish he was part of the University in some fashion.
I'm good for 3!
stymeman
Bronco-Buster

Cornpoke wrote: Tue Sep 18, 2018 9:49 am Nice to see our former Coaches still showing Wyo pride! I will always respect Joe Glenn and wish he was part of the University in some fashion.
Heck yeah me too, Joe could sell ice to Eskimo's if given the chance...lol, a UW Ambassador for life if he'd want it, i'd take it
McPeachy
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 306 times
Been liked: 119 times

stymeman wrote: Tue Sep 18, 2018 10:52 am
Cornpoke wrote: Tue Sep 18, 2018 9:49 am Nice to see our former Coaches still showing Wyo pride! I will always respect Joe Glenn and wish he was part of the University in some fashion.
Heck yeah me too, Joe could sell ice to Eskimo's if given the chance...lol, a UW Ambassador for life if he'd want it, i'd take it
There is still some animosity. Burman fired him after he failed to become bowl eligible his final year (even though he beat Tennessee at Tennessee on their Homecoming). Oh, the same year he beat the mighty jagoff bizun of North Dakota State by the way.

*There were some pants pissing games that he lost though - significantly - (bWHYu, TCU, Utah) and he lost to UNLV and CSewe to end the season at 4 & 8.
Last edited by McPeachy on Tue Sep 18, 2018 12:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Dear Karma,

I have a list of people you missed...
LanderPoke
WyoNation Lifer
Has liked: 597 times
Been liked: 238 times

If Bohl could just learn to play the damn piano..
stymeman
Bronco-Buster

LanderPoke wrote: Tue Sep 18, 2018 12:10 pm If Bohl could just learn to play the damn piano..
Forgot about that, Joe is quite the entertainer!!
bladerunnr
A Real Cowboy
Has liked: 3 times
Been liked: 66 times

McPeachy wrote: Tue Sep 18, 2018 11:59 am
There is still some animosity. Burman fired him after he failed to become bowl eligible his final year (even though he beat Tennessee at Tennessee on their Homecoming). Oh, the same year he beat the mighty jagoff bizun of North Dakota State by the way.

*There were some pants pissing games that he lost though - significantly - (bWHYu, TCU, Utah) and he lost to UNLV and CSewe to end the season at 4 & 8.
I"m so tired of hearing about that tennessee win. They were awful that year and fired their coach. We finished tied for last in the conference with only 1 conference win. Joe Glenn is/was a nice guy who could not recruit D1 talent. His best teams were with Vic's guys. We had home crowds of less than 20,000 for every game but one. If Burman hadn't fired him, we could have played our home games at Laramie high school the following season.
ragtimejoe1
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 20 times
Been liked: 129 times

Glenn's SOS was harder by about 30. His teams on average ranked higher through 4 years. He had great bowl win and better record through 4 years.
WYO1016 wrote: Fri Dec 08, 2023 8:10 am I'm starting to think that Burman has been laying the pipe to ragtimejoe1's wife
Insults are the last resort of fools with a crumbling position.
McPeachy
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 306 times
Been liked: 119 times

bladerunnr wrote: Wed Sep 19, 2018 11:45 am
McPeachy wrote: Tue Sep 18, 2018 11:59 am

I"m so tired of hearing about that tennessee win. They were awful that year and fired their coach. We finished tied for last in the conference with only 1 conference win. Joe Glenn is/was a nice guy who could not recruit D1 talent. His best teams were with Vic's guys. We had home crowds of less than 20,000 for every game but one. If Burman hadn't fired him, we could have played our home games at Laramie high school the following season.
LOL. They were not the usual Tennessee, no doubt, but Wyoming went into Neyland, on homecoming, and grinded out a win against a far superior / athletic team. That should NEVER be discounted, regardless.
Dear Karma,

I have a list of people you missed...
bladerunnr
A Real Cowboy

ragtimejoe1 wrote: Wed Sep 19, 2018 12:11 pm Glenn's SOS was harder by about 30. His teams on average ranked higher through 4 years. He had great bowl win and better record through 4 years.
Don't make me laugh. A great bowl win? Beating a 6-5 UCLA team who fired their coach a year later is not "great". While I don't know how things will work out with Bohl, he recruited a top 10 NFL qb. The qb's Glenn recruited were mediocre (I"m being kind) at best.
ragtimejoe1
Bronco-Buster

bladerunnr wrote: Wed Sep 19, 2018 1:06 pm
ragtimejoe1 wrote: Wed Sep 19, 2018 12:11 pm Glenn's SOS was harder by about 30. His teams on average ranked higher through 4 years. He had great bowl win and better record through 4 years.
Don't make me laugh. A great bowl win? Beating a 6-5 UCLA team who fired their coach a year later is not "great". While I don't know how things will work out with Bohl, he recruited a top 10 NFL qb. The qb's Glenn recruited were mediocre (I"m being kind) at best.
Glenn had highest ranked team of the 2 through 4 years. Glenn had a significantly harder sos. Glenn's teams on average ranked significantly higher than Bohl's based on year end rankings.

Last year, Bohls top 10 qb played on one of the worst offenses (this is a team sport) in WYO history. Bohl fielded arguably the worst team in WYO history and suffered losses to more bottom(national rank)/fcs teams than Glenn through 4 years.

Great compared to Bohl's Potato bowl, unm, yeah. Give me a Vegas Bowl win over P5 above directional Michigan in Boise any day!

Through 4 years, Glenn's resume is better. I'll bet after 5, that FACT remains the same.
WYO1016 wrote: Fri Dec 08, 2023 8:10 am I'm starting to think that Burman has been laying the pipe to ragtimejoe1's wife
calpoke25
A Real Cowboy

Recruiting a top 10 QB is great and all but why does that make Bohl better than Glenn? The attention for Josh cut both ways, yes we got a lot of attention but most of it was prefaced with “but the rest of his offense was poop besides a few players in 2016”.
stymeman
Bronco-Buster

how a coach coaches the year following a player leaving to the NFL that's the true test, not sure whom truly is/was better Glenn vs Bohl, I think they are great in certain things each, but I think the D1 level is just a bit too fast for them...
bladerunnr
A Real Cowboy

calpoke25 wrote: Wed Sep 19, 2018 2:27 pm
Recruiting a top 10 QB is great and all but why does that make Bohl better than Glenn? The attention for Josh cut both ways, yes we got a lot of attention but most of it was prefaced with “but the rest of his offense was poop besides a few players in 2016”.
Simply not true. Josh Allen got on the scout's radar for how prolific our offense was in 2016. We never had a prolific offense under Joe Glenn. Last year wasn't nearly as good. But if Allen doesn't get hurt, I'm guessing we would have only had one conference loss last year. Don't get me wrong, I think Bohl has a lot to prove. But this defense of Joe Glen is idiotic. Other than Vic, he and Christiansen are the 2 worst coaches we've had since before Fred Akers.
Asmodeanreborn
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 23 times

bladerunnr wrote: Wed Sep 19, 2018 3:21 pm Last year wasn't nearly as good
Defense was fantastic last year, but to say "wasn't nearly as good" about the offense feels like an insult to every offense we've ever had. We were at the bottom of the entire FBS in offense. That's not "wasn't nearly as good," but rather "atrocious," or "unacceptable."

Even in the early 2000s we were better than that on offense.
ragtimejoe1
Bronco-Buster

bladerunnr wrote: Wed Sep 19, 2018 3:21 pm Don't get me wrong, I think Bohl has a lot to prove. But this defense of Joe Glen is idiotic. Other than Vic, he and Christiansen are the 2 worst coaches we've had since before Fred Akers.
By what metric? He was in a stronger conference, playing superior (to Bohl) competition, had a better win % through 4 years, same number of bowl wins, same number of bowl eligible teams, did not lose to FCS teams, Bohl's bad teams were the worst in WYO history, etc.

Joe Glenn's teams in today's MWC would have been bowl eligible 3 if not 4 of the first 4 years.

The defense that Bohl has done miracles at WYO is what's ridiculous and I like Bohl. Superior to Glenn? Not yet.