I visited the CSU board after their game with UF

Everything Wyoming Cowboy and Mountain West football!
CheyenneGunslinger
Ranch Hand
Has liked: 1 time

just to see their misery after another big loss. And I noticed a couple of threads that were making fun of our win over a little Wofford College team.

Well, let me tell everyone something about Wofford. I live about 65 miles north of Spartanburg, SC and I have watched Wofford take the U. of South Carolina down to the wire at least once or twice during Steve Spurrier's tenure at SC. One of those times was during back to back to back 11 win seasons at SC in the SEC and boy that is saying something.

Wofford has a way of playing big schools tough at their place. So, I just wanted to let everyone know that only beating Wofford by three points is no disgrace.
calpoke25
A Real Cowboy

Thanks I feel so much better!
Poke in Billings
Ranch Hand

Well...I'm feeling much better compared to my Nebraska buddies ;)
CheyenneGunslinger
Ranch Hand

calpoke25 wrote: Sun Sep 16, 2018 10:49 pm Thanks I feel so much better!
Is that suppose to be some kind of smart ass reply when I was trying to pay a compliment to the Wyoming football team?
SDPokeFan
WyoNation Addict
Has liked: 3 times
Been liked: 34 times

CheyenneGunslinger wrote: Sun Sep 16, 2018 10:34 pm just to see their misery after another big loss. And I noticed a couple of threads that were making fun of our win over a little Wofford College team.

Well, let me tell everyone something about Wofford. I live about 65 miles north of Spartanburg, SC and I have watched Wofford take the U. of South Carolina down to the wire at least once or twice during Steve Spurrier's tenure at SC. One of those times was during back to back to back 11 win seasons at SC in the SEC and boy that is saying something.

Wofford has a way of playing big schools tough at their place. So, I just wanted to let everyone know that only beating Wofford by three points is no disgrace.
Yes it is a disgrace.
OrediggerPoke
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 60 times
Been liked: 226 times

SDPokeFan wrote: Mon Sep 17, 2018 7:30 am
CheyenneGunslinger wrote: Sun Sep 16, 2018 10:34 pm just to see their misery after another big loss. And I noticed a couple of threads that were making fun of our win over a little Wofford College team.

Yes it is a disgrace.
You got issues. You advocate for years that Wyoming move to FCS. Then, when Wyoming hosts and beats a top ranked FCS (which appears to be your dream), you call it a disgrace. Seriously find something else.
LanderPoke
WyoNation Lifer
Has liked: 597 times
Been liked: 238 times

OrediggerPoke wrote: Mon Sep 17, 2018 7:51 am

Yes it is a disgrace.
You got issues. You advocate for years that Wyoming move to FCS. Then, when Wyoming hosts and beats a top ranked FCS (which appears to be your dream), you call it a disgrace. Seriously find something else.
I know. SD Pokes out of anyone on this board should be thrilled with the outcome. In a vaccuum, a great game against a good FCS foe. LOL!
Asmodeanreborn
Bronco-Buster
Been liked: 23 times

Let's not forget that FCS Wyoming is not going to have the players we do. Anybody who complains about talent better wonder what kind of talent wants to go to Laramie to play in the FCS.

Sure, not ALL our current players would've gone elsewhere, but I bet a rather significant number of the ones who had other FBS options would've gone with that. Wofford would've taken the remainder out behind the wood shed.
LanderPoke
WyoNation Lifer

Asmodeanreborn wrote: Mon Sep 17, 2018 9:53 am Let's not forget that FCS Wyoming is not going to have the players we do. Anybody who complains about talent better wonder what kind of talent wants to go to Laramie to play in the FCS.

Sure, not ALL our current players would've gone elsewhere, but I bet a rather significant number of the ones who had other FBS options would've gone with that. Wofford would've taken the remainder out behind the wood shed.
Yeah, SD Pokes's argument is so incredibly retarded that it's not worth discussing.
stymeman
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 4 times
Been liked: 44 times

Why do we struggle so much against the FCS lately, this never used to be the case!
Asmodeanreborn
Bronco-Buster
Been liked: 23 times

stymeman wrote: Mon Sep 17, 2018 10:14 am Why do we struggle so much against the FCS lately, this never used to be the case!
To be fair, it was a good FCS team this time, and not Robert Morris or VMI or anything.

On the other hand, I'm pretty sure JMU would stomp us.
stymeman
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 4 times
Been liked: 44 times

Glad we play at 7220, that had to be some of a factor but remember all this Cowboy Tough talk earlier in Bohl's tenure, we truly need to play to 7220 standards as well. I'm in NO way saying Wofford isn't/wasn't good, we are supposed to win those games and maybe by a bit more at home!!! But sometimes I think we just overlook teams like Wofford and FCS calibers just cuz we are D1, we are not that much higher than a good FCS squad. I want to see vast improvement against Boise that's really it in a nutshell.
Wyovanian
WyoNation Addict
Has liked: 13 times
Been liked: 16 times

Yes it is a disgrace.
He's one of the biggest message board tools, ever. Strikes me as the guy who talks smack about anyone who's succeeds where he hasn't...
"WE are the music makers and WE are the dreamers of the dreams." -Willy Wonka (Gene Wilder) Willy Wonka and the Chocolate Factory
SDPokeFan
WyoNation Addict

Yes it is a disgrace.
Come on...if you went to Colorado Mines you're smarter than that. If Wyoming were officially an FCS school (not an FBS school with an FCS offense/coaching staff) and beat Wofford, I would be thrilled. Since Wyoming is an FBS school (and I use that phrase extremely loosely) it should take teams like Wofford behind the wood shed, not need a last minute drive to win the game. Wyoming should beat teams like Wofford by 40 if it's going to continue to try to play FBS football.
SDPokeFan
WyoNation Addict

LanderPoke wrote: Mon Sep 17, 2018 9:59 am
Asmodeanreborn wrote: Mon Sep 17, 2018 9:53 am Let's not forget that FCS Wyoming is not going to have the players we do. Anybody who complains about talent better wonder what kind of talent wants to go to Laramie to play in the FCS.

Yeah, SD Pokes's argument is so incredibly retarded that it's not worth discussing.
Just because you don't want to hear it doesn't mean it's retarded. You sound like Trump.
SDPokeFan
WyoNation Addict

Wyovanian wrote: Mon Sep 17, 2018 11:27 am

Yes it is a disgrace.
He's one of the biggest message board tools, ever. Strikes me as the guy who talks smack about anyone who's succeeds where he hasn't...
And you strike me as pretentious.
OrediggerPoke
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 60 times
Been liked: 226 times

SDPokeFan wrote: Mon Sep 17, 2018 12:35 pm

Yes it is a disgrace.
Come on...if you went to Colorado Mines you're smarter than that. If Wyoming were officially an FCS school (not an FBS school with an FCS offense/coaching staff) and beat Wofford, I would be thrilled. Since Wyoming is an FBS school (and I use that phrase extremely loosely) it should take teams like Wofford behind the wood shed, not need a last minute drive to win the game. Wyoming should beat teams like Wofford by 40 if it's going to continue to try to play FBS football.
You just pointed out the whole flawed reasoning of moving to FCS and you didn't even realize it.

I am a Colorado Mines alum. They are an unbeaten lower division team and hosted (and beat) top 10 ranked CSU-Pueblo this Saturday afternoon. They will undoubtedly be in the top 20 in the new D2 rankings. Which games do you think I choose to attend? D2 Colorado Mines home games or FBS Wyoming home games?

I mean I could attend unbeaten Mines hosting unbeaten Mesa State on the 29th likely to decide the D2 RMAC Championship...or I could attend 2-2 Wyoming hosting 2-1 Boise State probably not likely to decide any championships. Not even remotely a difficult choice to me to attend the FBS game.
CheyenneGunslinger
Ranch Hand

Yes it is a disgrace.
You are one sad person and have no knowledge of college football.
LanderPoke
WyoNation Lifer

SDPokeFan wrote: Mon Sep 17, 2018 12:38 pm

Just because you don't want to hear it doesn't mean it's retarded. You sound like Trump.
Are you a CSU or BYU troll? I'm honestly curious.
CheyenneGunslinger
Ranch Hand

SDPokeFan wrote: Mon Sep 17, 2018 12:38 pm

Well Trump has put more money in my pocket that any other president in my lifetime.