I visited the CSU board after their game with UF

Everything Wyoming Cowboy and Mountain West football!
SDPokeFan
WyoNation Addict
Has liked: 3 times
Been liked: 34 times

LanderPoke wrote: Mon Sep 17, 2018 2:20 pm
SDPokeFan wrote: Mon Sep 17, 2018 12:38 pm
LanderPoke wrote: Mon Sep 17, 2018 9:59 am
Asmodeanreborn wrote: Mon Sep 17, 2018 9:53 am Let's not forget that FCS Wyoming is not going to have the players we do. Anybody who complains about talent better wonder what kind of talent wants to go to Laramie to play in the FCS.

Sure, not ALL our current players would've gone elsewhere, but I bet a rather significant number of the ones who had other FBS options would've gone with that. Wofford would've taken the remainder out behind the wood shed.
Yeah, SD Pokes's argument is so incredibly retarded that it's not worth discussing.
Just because you don't want to hear it doesn't mean it's retarded. You sound like Trump.
Are you a CSU or BYU troll? I'm honestly curious.
Neither, I'm a realist. Tell you what, I will give you a chance to put your money where your mouth is. I'll bet you $100 per game there rest of the season. You get Wyoming, I get the opponent. Whoever owes who money pays up at the end of the season. Surely someone with such great belief in this juggernaut team will take that bet. Think of the money you'll win!
LanderPoke
WyoNation Lifer
Has liked: 586 times
Been liked: 236 times

SDPokeFan wrote: Mon Sep 17, 2018 3:57 pm
Asmodeanreborn wrote: Mon Sep 17, 2018 9:53 am Let's not forget that FCS Wyoming is not going to have the players we do. Anybody who complains about talent better wonder what kind of talent wants to go to Laramie to play in the FCS.

Sure, not ALL our current players would've gone elsewhere, but I bet a rather significant number of the ones who had other FBS options would've gone with that. Wofford would've taken the remainder out behind the wood shed.
Yeah, SD Pokes's argument is so incredibly retarded that it's not worth discussing.
Just because you don't want to hear it doesn't mean it's retarded. You sound like Trump.
Neither, I'm a realist. Tell you what, I will give you a chance to put your money where your mouth is. I'll bet you $100 per game there rest of the season. You get Wyoming, I get the opponent. Whoever owes who money pays up at the end of the season. Surely someone with such great belief in this juggernaut team will take that bet. Think of the money you'll win!
That's not the point, you tool. The point is it's better to be a real FBS team than play jv football like a pussy.
307bball
WyoNation Addict
Has liked: 12 times
Been liked: 60 times

SDPokeFan wrote: Mon Sep 17, 2018 12:35 pm
OrediggerPoke wrote: Mon Sep 17, 2018 7:51 am
SDPokeFan wrote: Mon Sep 17, 2018 7:30 am
CheyenneGunslinger wrote: Sun Sep 16, 2018 10:34 pm just to see their misery after another big loss. And I noticed a couple of threads that were making fun of our win over a little Wofford College team.

Well, let me tell everyone something about Wofford. I live about 65 miles north of Spartanburg, SC and I have watched Wofford take the U. of South Carolina down to the wire at least once or twice during Steve Spurrier's tenure at SC. One of those times was during back to back to back 11 win seasons at SC in the SEC and boy that is saying something.

Wofford has a way of playing big schools tough at their place. So, I just wanted to let everyone know that only beating Wofford by three points is no disgrace.
Yes it is a disgrace.
You got issues. You advocate for years that Wyoming move to FCS. Then, when Wyoming hosts and beats a top ranked FCS (which appears to be your dream), you call it a disgrace. Seriously find something else.
Come on...if you went to Colorado Mines you're smarter than that. If Wyoming were officially an FCS school (not an FBS school with an FCS offense/coaching staff) and beat Wofford, I would be thrilled. Since Wyoming is an FBS school (and I use that phrase extremely loosely) it should take teams like Wofford behind the wood shed, not need a last minute drive to win the game. Wyoming should beat teams like Wofford by 40 if it's going to continue to try to play FBS football.
This thread has got to have the most ignorant statements flying around on it....FCS schools should be automatic 40 point wins for FBS schools???? In case you have not noticed (and it seems you have not), high quality FCS programs are stepping up and humbling FBS schools that treat them like they don't have to show up to win. You know what the good FCS schools do???...They don't effing beat themselves. they are disciplined and know what they are about. If you waltz in and think just because you have twice as many star-rated players than them, it will be no contest.... you will be in for a long game.

Please do not construe this as happiness about the offensive performance on Saturday. Are there some things to work on ...heck yes!! But I'm not going to act like the win on Saturday was even close to as bad as the REAL bad losses in recent years...sheesh.
Asmodeanreborn
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 23 times

307bball wrote: Mon Sep 17, 2018 6:43 pm Please do not construe this as happiness about the offensive performance on Saturday. Are there some things to work on ...heck yes!! But I'm not going to act like the win on Saturday was even close to as bad as the REAL bad losses in recent years...sheesh.
I think the second half of the Wazzu game was worse than the Wofford game. At least in this game they showed resilience and determination - and they did what was required to win.
cowboyz
Cowpoke
Been liked: 1 time

SDPokeFan wrote: Mon Sep 17, 2018 3:57 pm

The debate is regarding Wyoming vs FCS teams, yet you want to bet Wyoming vs FBS teams. I sense a disconnect.
ELKMT
A Real Cowboy
Been liked: 6 times

Wyoming will never drop a division and they shouldn’t. However, those that think Wyoming should be competive ( ie lose or barely win) to an a FCS school outside of a blue moon event are also wrong.

They’re a division lower and have less scholarships ( I realize there isn’t much difference in players offered scholarship but the extra spots do add depth). Our coaches make more money to dominate these games.
cowboyz
Cowpoke
Been liked: 1 time

307bball wrote: Mon Sep 17, 2018 6:43 pm
SDPokeFan wrote: Mon Sep 17, 2018 12:35 pm
OrediggerPoke wrote: Mon Sep 17, 2018 7:51 am
SDPokeFan wrote: Mon Sep 17, 2018 7:30 am
CheyenneGunslinger wrote: Sun Sep 16, 2018 10:34 pm just to see their misery after another big loss. And I noticed a couple of threads that were making fun of our win over a little Wofford College team.

Well, let me tell everyone something about Wofford. I live about 65 miles north of Spartanburg, SC and I have watched Wofford take the U. of South Carolina down to the wire at least once or twice during Steve Spurrier's tenure at SC. One of those times was during back to back to back 11 win seasons at SC in the SEC and boy that is saying something.

Wofford has a way of playing big schools tough at their place. So, I just wanted to let everyone know that only beating Wofford by three points is no disgrace.
Yes it is a disgrace.
You got issues. You advocate for years that Wyoming move to FCS. Then, when Wyoming hosts and beats a top ranked FCS (which appears to be your dream), you call it a disgrace. Seriously find something else.
Come on...if you went to Colorado Mines you're smarter than that. If Wyoming were officially an FCS school (not an FBS school with an FCS offense/coaching staff) and beat Wofford, I would be thrilled. Since Wyoming is an FBS school (and I use that phrase extremely loosely) it should take teams like Wofford behind the wood shed, not need a last minute drive to win the game. Wyoming should beat teams like Wofford by 40 if it's going to continue to try to play FBS football.
This thread has got to have the most ignorant statements flying around on it....FCS schools should be automatic 40 point wins for FBS schools???? In case you have not noticed (and it seems you have not), high quality FCS programs are stepping up and humbling FBS schools that treat them like they don't have to show up to win. You know what the good FCS schools do???...They don't effing beat themselves. they are disciplined and know what they are about. If you waltz in and think just because you have twice as many star-rated players than them, it will be no contest.... you will be in for a long game.

Please do not construe this as happiness about the offensive performance on Saturday. Are there some things to work on ...heck yes!! But I'm not going to act like the win on Saturday was even close to as bad as the REAL bad losses in recent years...sheesh.
Exactly, FCS schools have loads of scholaships and a bunch of talented players and coaches. In week one UC Davis, Villanova, Nichols and No Arizona beat FBS teams. Hell, Florida State, you know the team with 3 National Championships, had to have a 4th quarter comeback to beat Samford. Not Stanford, Samford. These games aren't NDS or the Appalachian State teams of old beating FBS teams, it's a fairly random bunch. While the FBS teams, due to having more scholarships and larger budgets for coaches etc. should win more games vs FCS, it's hardly a slam dunk.

And as far as the OP mentioning CSU fans blasting us for a close win vs Wofford. I'd rather that than a blow out to Florida. Screw those guys.