New Commit

Everything Wyoming Cowboy and Mountain West football!
LanderPoke
WyoNation Lifer
Has liked: 595 times
Been liked: 238 times

McPeachy
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 297 times
Been liked: 119 times

I saw that last night...and the first thing that came to mind, was 5'9" and 170 pounds. That is all.
Dear Karma,

I have a list of people you missed...
LanderPoke
WyoNation Lifer
Has liked: 595 times
Been liked: 238 times

I'm fine with that for a corner. I would prefer a bit taller, but Gafford and Priester weren't much if any bigger. They were phenomenal last year
Asmodeanreborn
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 23 times

LanderPoke wrote: Tue Sep 18, 2018 9:11 am I'm fine with that for a corner. I would prefer a bit taller, but Gafford and Priester weren't much if any bigger. They were phenomenal last year
Yep. I'd rather have a smaller guy who knows when to turn and find the ball than a big guy who plows through the receiver before the ball arrives.
McPeachy
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 297 times
Been liked: 119 times

Asmodeanreborn wrote: Tue Sep 18, 2018 9:50 am
LanderPoke wrote: Tue Sep 18, 2018 9:11 am I'm fine with that for a corner. I would prefer a bit taller, but Gafford and Priester weren't much if any bigger. They were phenomenal last year
Yep. I'd rather have a smaller guy who knows when to turn and find the ball than a big guy who plows through the receiver before the ball arrives.
Although you both have valid points...a 5'9" DB is going to get his ass kicked on jump balls 99% of the time against a receiver that is 6'4". That and Rico had speed to kill...he was a once in a decade DB at UW.
Dear Karma,

I have a list of people you missed...
Asmodeanreborn
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 23 times

McPeachy wrote: Tue Sep 18, 2018 9:54 am
Asmodeanreborn wrote: Tue Sep 18, 2018 9:50 am
Although you both have valid points...a 5'9" DB is going to get his ass kicked on jump balls 99% of the time against a receiver that is 6'4".
Sure, that's why you can't only have small defensive backs. In a situation like that, I'd hope somebody like Wingard would be covering them instead.

I was hopeful WE would see more jump balls to people like Jared Scott this season. I guess the first game he played was vs Wofford, though.